It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I don't think I've ever gone more nuts for such an extended time while watching a game as I did during that run in that Virginia game. By the time it was over I had a full sweat going, probably almost as much as the players. Such an incredible sequence. It was like a dream.

Me too, was so pumped that night, I didn't fall asleep until 5 am, probably the most excited I have ever been after an Su game, other than the 03 title game.

I don't think I've ever gone more nuts for such an extended time while watching a game as I did during that run in that Virginia game. By the time it was over I had a full sweat going, probably almost as much as the players. Such an incredible sequence. It was like a dream.
Malachi went NBA Jam he's on fire during that second half against the ACC DPOY.

For real. The people in this thread aren't the ones arguing against his decision but on top of him making the right one, it's so easy for me to support him because of the joy he gave me and so many other Syracuse fans during that game.

I think we talked about this a few weeks ago, but there have definitely been some guys who improved their draft stock at Kentucky. (and some who didn't, don't get me wrong). Eric Bledsoe went for #52 in the RSCI rankings his senior year to the 18th pick in the draft a year later. Devin Booker went from 23rd in the RSCI rankings to a lotto pick a year later. Hell, Towns went from #5 that year to the no brainer #1.

To put some context in on Bledsoe, he was ranked so relatively low because nobody thought he had any chance at qualifying so all the recruiting sites hedged their bets. Helps them avoid the huge misses when people look back and see a kid who was top 10-20 and then say "huh? never heard of him". Then Calipari got the UK job, Bledsoe's academic outlook suddenly gets a lot brighter, the transcripts from one of his prior schools to back check on if any grades were altered literally go missing and Bledsoe signs with Kentucky in May of his senior year.

Overall, I don't think Cal is materially any better or worse than his peers at getting guys to the league. He has guys who have outperformed their expectations and some who under-performed. It's just the level of talent he recruits that when his guys outperform their ranking the ceiling is much higher than other programs and when they under-perform their floor is higher than guys from other programs.

Hell of a 4th here for the Knicks...

And the W.

Don't trade Melo and please don't trade any draft picks or Hernangomez.

And the W.

Don't trade Melo and please don't trade any draft picks or Hernangomez.

Based on rumors, their doesn't seem to be many enticing trades. If the Clippers had some promising young players and draft picks to offer, I'd say the Knicks should go for it. But they don't. Thats a top heavy, veteran roster and they don't have picks they can even trade for several years.

Boston supposedly isn't interested. Cleveland has nothing to offer. Who else is there?

Based on rumors, their doesn't seem to be many enticing trades. If the Clippers had some promising young players and draft picks to offer, I'd say the Knicks should go for it. But they don't. Thats a top heavy, veteran roster and they don't have picks they can even trade for several years.

Boston supposedly isn't interested. Cleveland has nothing to offer. Who else is there?
don't know.

I guess the paperclips are trying to get a 3rd team involved somehow.

if hes going to be traded, I would rather it be in the off season when they can likely get more.

once again, hes gets shlit on when its Noah's stupidarse contract that's the problem.

just like Amare and Barnarni's contracts were the problem.

The East is having a revolt against its star players.

Rondo firing back at Wade and Butler.

Tristan Thompson firing back at Lebron.

Knicks announcing to everyone that they want a trade partner for Melo.

Meanwhile the Heat are beating everyone with a bunch of role players.

I just think it's (been) time for Melo to go. The Knicks aren't a year from competing. They need to actually rebuild.

I just think it's (been) time for Melo to go. The Knicks aren't a year from competing. They need to actually rebuild.
I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that they will never be good again in my lifetime.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that they will never be good again in my lifetime.

I was kinda having this conversation with my dad last night. Ownership is so so important to long term success and the Knicks are...lacking there.

The one good thing is that compared to other sports, one player can be so transcendent in basketball and an overcome a lot, so maybe KP turns into that player.

don't know.

I guess the paperclips are trying to get a 3rd team involved somehow.

if hes going to be traded, I would rather it be in the off season when they can likely get more.

once again, hes gets shlit on when its Noah's stupidarse contract that's the problem.

just like Amare and Barnarni's contracts were the problem.

The Knicks would get trade Noah if they could. The issue is that he's so bad that they'd probably have to attach a draft pick to him to get any takers. It's not that the Knicks think Melo is the problem; it's more that he's the only piece they have that they can get some sort of value for besides Porzingis. Melo won't get the Knicks much, but he can at least get them SOMETHING. Supposedly the Knicks covet Austin Rivers. I'd guess they end up with Rivers, Brice Johnson, and some other blah piece when it's all said and done. The other bonus of trading Melo is that the Knicks have a shot at finishing with a bottom 3 record without him.

I'm not sure waiting until the offseason really helps. If Melo is only willing to allow three teams to acquire him, waiting til the offseason doesn't change that. Cleveland, Boston, and the Clippers aren't acquiring any pieces from now until the offseason that will make the Knicks' return any better. If they actually really like Austin Rivers like they supposedly do, there's really no good reason not to make the trade at this point. It's unfortunate that it has to end this way, but it is what it is.

I refuse to believe they actually like Austin Rivers. I just can't allow myself to think that.

I repeat. I refuse to allow myself to think this.

Haha, he's actually playing pretty well this year. If his current level of play is sustainable, he'd be a nice get. But the first few years...sheesh.

According to @KeithSmithNBA, the Knicks are hoping to have the trade complete before the All-Star Break, and there's growing buzz that Boston will be involved one way or another, whether they're the 3rd team in a deal that facilitates Melo to LAC or if they're the destination for Melo.

According to @KeithSmithNBA, the Knicks are hoping to have the trade complete before the All-Star Break, and there's growing buzz that Boston will be involved one way or another, whether they're the 3rd team in a deal that facilitates Melo to LAC or if they're the destination for Melo.
If the Celtics add Melo, that makes the Eastern conference playoffs a lot more interesting.

I want Nikola Vucevic as a Celtics fan more than Carmelo.
The C's need a big to beat Toronto and Vucevic would bring rebounding and scoring.
Boston may be the 3rd team and try to get a Redick/Pierce combo from Clippers for an expiring contract and 1st round pick.
They aren't giving up the Nets pick till the draft time.