jake, you still a bucks fan?* | Syracusefan.com

jake, you still a bucks fan?*

paul-mokeski.jpg

Oh I think we all know Jake is a Mokeski guy. No. 44!!!

Well, if Jake's a fan, maybe I'll turn to the Venison Side. ;)

My childhood team keeps ripping my heart out. Next thing you know they'll draft another Hoya.

Yep. We haven't seen the playoffs in forever. Love this trade for mcw especially. Wanna see what he can do with talent around him. Very fired up!

I really liked the nucleus Philly had though...Noel, KJ McDaniels, Jerami all blown up..

The Bucks must think very highly of MCW because Brandon Knight was playing at an all-star level this year. He has been much more consistent this year then he has shown his first couple. At least we will get to see MCW in the playoffs. The Bucks have some really nice young talent led by the Greek Freak.

The Bucks must think very highly of MCW because Brandon Knight was playing at an all-star level this year. He has been much more consistent this year then he has shown his first couple. At least we will get to see MCW in the playoffs. The Bucks have some really nice young talent led by the Greek Freak.

Knight is going to be a FA and that was a big factor according to a lot of the talking heads. Big opportunity for MCW to shed the label of good player on an awful team and for him to learn from another "can't shoot" PG.

Jake may still be a Bucks fan, but I'm not so sure I'm still a Sixers' fan.

Will the picks they got for MCW and McDaniels be better than MCW and McDaniels? Who the bleep knows. But they were good, both outperformed their draft pedigree, were fun to root for, were legit building blocks, and were flesh-and-blood players, not paper assets to be day-traded from some guy at home in front of his computer screen.

I was on board with Hinkie. But now, he seems kinda hinky.

im not sure it happened.

its like seeing Elvis...

told everyone hes not dead...

Like GnR's first album, some epics are just too difficult to live up to. And, like Axl, the creator fades into rumored existence status. Max may be worthy of what that pompous douchebag Don Henley said was the rarest of things in American life: a second act.

Yep. We haven't seen the playoffs in forever. Love this trade for mcw especially. Wanna see what he can do with talent around him. Very fired up!

Strange team to root for.

Was it the Jabbar, Robertson, Allen, Dandridge, Perry, McGlocklin teams that made you a fan?

I ask because I was a Bucks fan when I was a little kid since my parents came from Wisconsin.

Forza Azzurri said:
Strange team to root for. Was it the Jabbar, Robertson, Allen, Dandridge, Perry, McGlocklin teams that made you a fan? I ask because I was a Bucks fan when I was a little kid since my parents came from Wisconsin.

I'm good friends with Jake and I can't figure him out. :)

He's a huge SU fan obviously, but in the NFL he's a Dolphins fan, the NBA its the Bucks. Don't recall MLB but it's probably something like the Padres. Guys all over the map.

He's a huge SU fan obviously, but in the NFL he's a Dolphins fan, the NBA its the Bucks. Don't recall MLB but it's probably something like the Padres. Guys all over the map.

Not sure if Jake grew up in Syracuse but, if he did, that could explain it.

I know that, growing up, almost none of my friends were Giants or Bills fans. They were all Cowboys and Steelers and Dolphins and Raiders fans because those were the good teams and the Giants and Bills were awful.

Same was true for other sports. Lots of Yankee fans but also Reds and Dodgers and A's and Red Sox.

Syracuse kids don't automatically gravitate towards the New York pro teams or at least they didn't when I was a kid.

Incredible how all the haters in the comments section pounced on this tweet by Magic.
When Kidd came into the league he had no jumper either, but much like a Rajon Rondo, he controlled the game from the pg position. Kidd also had Jamal Mashburn and Jim Jackson to help. Rondo didn't blossom till KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen got together on the Celts.
Here's hoping MCW can channel his skills in an effective manner & learn from a PG who mastered the position, not unlike Magic.
If Jason Kidd and Magic Johnson think MCW has the goods to flourish w/ some help, I'll take their opinion over some serial haters on message boards.

Last edited:

Bucks, Atlanta Braves, Boston Bruins, Miami Dolphins. Started watching sports around 1972...picked the four best teams in each sport and have stuck with them. ;)

Bucks, Atlanta Braves, Boston Bruins, Miami Dolphins. Started watching sports around 1972...picked the four best teams in each sport and have stuck with them. ;)

You picked the wrong year. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom