Jalen Should Stay | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Should Stay

I'll be disappointed to see Jalen go. I'd still like to see him make a contribution rather than essentially ending up a bust here. That said, maybe it's not all that bad things turned out like they did. Who knows where Joe would be developmentally had he not been handed over the keys so early in the season. While I love Joe, I'd like it even more if he played more like 25-30 minutes.

Is it set in stone that Buddy has to play the 2 position? Lots of guys his size in college playing the 3. Lots of successful teams playing 3 guards...but of course they play man defense.
Lots of guys his size in college play the 3.
Maybe they know how to rebound?

Would be nice if Buddy could swing to the front court but above all, JB values defense. We are already a poor rebounding team. Buddy would have to hit the weight room hard if that was the plan.

On another topic. Is Jalen able to practice yet? If so, any reports on his progress.

georgetown has a couple senior guards . (mosely and allen. )wouldn't that be a dagger.

We complain that nobody stays four years anymore then we (as a fanbase) chase off an athlete/high ceiling player because he didn’t flourish as a true freshman and got injured before he could prove a fanbase, that’d already disowned him for Girard/Goodine/the next flavor of the season, wrong.

that’s exactly my thoughts on this anD I feel fine predicting he’ll blow up elsewhere.

Whether he stays or doesn't is irrelevant, he will decide. I would love him to stay. I think he can improve and play a good role. It's not about starting with JB as we know. I think he would make the guards better in practice. I think it would make the team stronger. His focus needs to be on offense to push and find a good pass. Drive and kick or drive and layup or mid range in traffic

We complain that nobody stays four years anymore then we (as a fanbase) chase off an athlete/high ceiling player because he didn’t flourish as a true freshman and got injured before he could prove a fanbase, that’d already disowned him for Girard/Goodine/the next flavor of the season, wrong.

that’s exactly my thoughts on this anD I feel fine predicting he’ll blow up elsewhere.

I don’t see anybody chasing him off...rather than looking at the obvious:

-2 returning starting guards
-Sophomore with high potential with inside track to be the 3rd guard
-Talented freshman guard coming in

There’s only so many spots. Only 3 players are really going to play, with maybe spot minutes for a 4th.

Does Jalen want to be the 3rd guard at best, and very possibly 4th or 5th?

ummm...this one is totally on JB . chasing like a barking greyhound after a rabbit on a rail. not the fans.

Yes. It’s JB’s fault that Jalen can’t dribble, shoot, or make layups, and that he got hurt, and that he got beat out by better players.

Welcome to D-1. You can sob for Earl Duncan if you want. I’ll celebrate Sherman Douglas instead.

ummm...this one is totally on JB . chasing like a rabid greyhound after a rabbit on a rail. not the fans.
Fans have been talking about Carey moving on and acting like he’s Kaleb since after the tournament we blew to Uconn and Oregon.

“We wanted to win,” Jim Boeheim said about the decision to trim the group to three. “We wanted guys out there that could win the game for us.”

that's why he's leaving. book it.

you wanna play for a coach that thinks you're a loser and says as much publicly ? i don't.

you wanna play for a coach that thinks you're a loser and says as much publicly ? i don't.

Oh, you’re one of those dramatic, put words in people’s mouths, exaggerating, woe is me guys huh?

I’m not.

Jalen probably isn’t either. He’s just a guy who’s going to take longer to pop and, unlike Sidibe, probably doesn’t have the wide open path to do it here. Oh well. D-1 realities.

put word's in people's mouth ? that was a direct quote. kid ain't played since . you figure it out.

So you’re saying Boeheim called Jalen a loser and Jalen had an unneeded surgery in response?

Wow. Holy dramatic.

Take a week off, switch to cold brew, and do some pushups.

Yes. It’s JB’s fault that Jalen can’t dribble, shoot, or make layups, and that he got hurt, and that he got beat out by better players.

Welcome to D-1. You can sob for Earl Duncan if you want. I’ll celebrate Sherman Douglas instead.

So is he a clear recruiting miss?

So is he a clear recruiting miss?

In terms of early impact? Yes.

I think he could still be a good college player. Some guys take longer.

Sometimes there’s an easier path to PT/opportunity. Someone like Jason Hart, who stunk at basketball for awhile but was a good athlete, had to play and was entrenched by the time we had anyone else who could possibly give him competition for PT.

Buddy played better than Jalen last year, taking away his chance at SG, and Joe played better this year taking away his chance at PG any time soon. Does he want to stick around and compete and maybe eventually earn what he wants 2-3 years from now?

our guards now play with absolutely zero fear of being benched. they can do whatever and get away with it.

I thought it was a good thing to play without fear of being benched? Or did that only apply to Goodine when Buddy hurt his ankle?

our guards now play with absolutely zero fear of being benched. they can do whatever and get away with it.

is there a P5 starting guard who can't execute a simple spin move without dribbling the ball away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom