Jamie Dixon to TCU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jamie Dixon to TCU

He turned down Florida for some reason.

Waiting to be the fallback in case Hopkins doesn't live up to expectation.

... I'm only half kidding.

I'm in the minority, but not sure Dixon leaving is a good thing for us. Yeah he owned JB, but he didn't get top level recruits or even the 2nd tier that we wanted. That wasn't going to change under Dixon.

Who knows who Pitt ends up getting, but they likely could upgrade. Pitt in the ACC with that stadium is an attractive job. If they end up with an established coach who is also a good recruiter, in 2 years he will be recruitung against an unproven 1st time head coach (Hopkins)

I always wanted one of our players to pass the ball to him when he was way out on the court, resulting in a technical. I guess that is not going to happen, but at least Pitt will now have to play with only five on the court.

Dixon to TCU
dixon_tcu.jpg

My guess is that Pitt will look at Orlando Antigua.
Nice guess as he is the guy that has worked the recruiting pipeline. That pipeline is what kept Pitt at least to the level it is at.

Nice guess as he is the guy that has worked the recruiting pipeline. That pipeline is what kept Pitt at least to the level it is at.

He left Pitt in 2008 and was with Calipari at both Memphis and Kentucky till he got the South Florida gig for the 2014-2015 season where he's had issues.

I'm in the minority, but not sure Dixon leaving is a good thing for us. Yeah he owned JB, but he didn't get top level recruits or even the 2nd tier that we wanted. That wasn't going to change under Dixon.

Who knows who Pitt ends up getting, but they likely could upgrade. Pitt in the ACC with that stadium is an attractive job. If they end up with an established coach who is also a good recruiter, in 2 years he will be recruitung against an unproven 1st time head coach (Hopkins)

I kind of feel like the opposite is true -- he not only killed the cuse, but he put up 25 wins a season for 13 years. And as bad as Pitt was in the post season and as mediocre as they have been the past few years, they are only two years removed from the sweet 16 and a 26-win season. I sort of wonder if Pitt realizes what they're pushing out the door. It's not as easy as it looks.

I am sick and tired of losing to that guy, I don't care who they hire, I will take my chances.

I kind of feel like the opposite is true -- he not only killed the cuse, but he put up 25 wins a season for 13 years. And as bad as Pitt was in the post season and as mediocre as they have been the past few years, they are only two years removed from the sweet 16 and a 26-win season. I sort of wonder if Pitt realizes what they're pushing out the door. It's not as easy as it looks.

?

Pitt hasn't been to the sweet 16 since 2009.

really, why? I know he's an alum and all but isn't that a demotion

I would love to see Pitt go after Saint Jay. Just to get all the Nova dorks in my zip code all riled up.

This is great for the ACC and SU. Dixon and his style are a drag plain and simple. His teams and style always matchup up well against SU. Any style other style of bball will be an improved look for the ACC and its much more likely that we will do better against almost any other coach there.

This pretty much guarantees that we play TCU in the first round of next year's NCAA tournament... sigh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom