Jamie Dixon to TCU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jamie Dixon to TCU

You know how these things go...TCU may have a jolt next year, make the Tourney and get Syracuse in round 1...

Seems like the committee has been engineering that kind of made-for-TV stuff much more in recent years.

I was just told the name to watch is Brandon Knight.

Pitt couldn't be stupid enough to hire Knight to replace Dixon could they?

Francis03 Does Pitt have any commits/ recruits who we might be able to flip? Anyone that may have been our radar?

Also breaking news: John Thompson openly admits to being both the real editor of Fab Melo's paper and the guy who hired players to run the shot clock at the YMCA. JB exonerated.

Also SEC schools to send 3-4 best football players to Dino Babers just 'cause he's awesome.

Nuclear bomb accidentally detonated on Pitt campus (cleaning staff was warned and got out in time)!!

It is great in part because Dixon has had our number in recent years but also because the style of play he teaches is putrid and needs to be banned by the NCAA as not to destroy a beautiful game.

Tom, this post needs to be singled out and commended for how astute it is.

Dixon's style of play is garbage that was bad for college basketball. Here's hoping we never get subjected to that rule bending affront again.

Francis03 Does Pitt have any commits/ recruits who we might be able to flip? Anyone that may have been our radar?

Ha! Just in case we need any body to carry the equipment??

Could Howland possibly come back?
bad form to bump one's own post, but wouldn't Howland at least be on their radar? I think he'd jump at the chance to get out of a cellar-dweller football school and I think they (Pitt) would strongly consider him considering how he turned the program around in the 90s... too much damaged goods now?

Why wouldn't he take it?
Why would Walton take a bad NBA job as the NBA is all about having a star to be able to win. If he went to Arizona he would get paid and could to the NBA when a good job opened up. Unless GS is going to pay him the salary of a HC why would he stay there.

Because it's the highest level of the profession, teams want him, he will get paid more and not have to worry about recruiting. Also, grew up in socal went to college in Arizona and played the majority of his nba career in LA. Zero east coast or Pittsburgh ties.

bad form to bump one's own post, but wouldn't Howland at least be on their radar? I think he'd jump at the chance to get out of a cellar-dweller football school and I think they (Pitt) would strongly consider him considering how he turned the program around in the 90s... too much damaged goods now?

It's not a bad idea but you'd think they'd want new blood and possibly skew younger.

Rothstein, on Gottlieb's show (sans Doug) says the new Pitt AD "wants to win at all costs", and will want to make a big splash with this hire.

Taurean Thompson might not come here.

Kaleb could transfer..

Just saying, part of the reason they wanted him out at Pitt is he could only recruit junk players. And all those junk players were able to do is pinball Syracuse around for 2 wins per year. I doubt we'd want anybody they've got lined up unless we need some furniture moved.

Should neither Miller brother be interested, I think this is the move.

Guess this falls into the "be careful what you wish for" category. We'll have a better shot of beating those shmucks now, but Pitt might emerge as an actual rival in recruiting (like when they had a more ambitious staff and beat us for Taft and McCullough early last decade).

For now, I'm just happy to never see Dixon again.

South Florida hasn't been too happy with him and might be very happy if Pitt took Antigua.

Rothstein, on Gottlieb's show (sans Doug) says the new Pitt AD "wants to win at all costs", and will want to make a big splash with this hire.
based on that, I'll bet they go hard after S.Miller - I just don't think he'll make the move though

Dixon is leaving because he couldn't get a 2016 top 100 recruit to go to Pitt and his 2016 recruiting team ranking was #77

Speaking of: Does the average basketball fan even know who JTIII is in those new commercials?

Georgetown isn't exactly a household name anymore.
Proud Papa Moment yesterday. My 15 year old son saw the commercial and asked why are they having a coach stand in front of a banner that says NCAA, when that coach's team didn't even make the NIT this year. I've trained him well.

longtimefan said:
This screams an Archie Miller type of hire to me.

The new AD came from Utah St and was as Washington St before that. West coast guy. He played basketball at Fresno State.

In the spirit of the "Since 25-0" threads...

Since losing to Pitt in the ACC tournament:
We unexpectedly got an NCAA bid. With no play-in game.
We played our way into the Sweet 16.
Pitt lost in the first round. Again.
Dixon is leaving the ACC.

Quite an 8-day stretch.

Because it's the highest level of the profession, teams want him, he will get paid more and not have to worry about recruiting. Also, grew up in socal went to college in Arizona and played the majority of his nba career in LA. Zero east coast or Pittsburgh ties.
You realize I was talking about Walton taking the Arizona job if Sean Miller took the Pitt job right?
Walton would never take the Pitt job. If Walton went to CBB it would be at his alma mater or he would stay in the NBA.

You realize I was talking about Walton taking the Arizona job if Sean Miller took the Pitt job right?
Walton would never take the Pitt job. If Walton went to CBB it would be at his alma mater or he would stay in the NBA.
he'd probably take the UCLA job, too

he'd probably take the UCLA job, too
Arizona and UCLA would be the only college schools he would take in my opinion. And even then, he would still be keeping his eye on NBA gigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom