JB going off on Greg Doyel on the retirement question. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB going off on Greg Doyel on the retirement question.

If Jerami was playing James wouldn't gave made the late three.

Cooney want the designed play.

Take the blame for a bad post and move on.

Yeah of course Jerami can't play in place of a guard or Rak/Keita for a few minutes, it has to be Southerland who sits to keep him on the floor...

Pretty appropriate question assuming JB drew up that awful drive to Cooney on the last play.

Hey, we got what we deserved. A National Championship was ours for the taking and MCW and James sucked big time tonight, we couldn't grab a rebound, and still the game was close and JB's coaching was a big reason why we lost.

His ego comes first not the hot hand thats why Jerami got sat. Nothing comes before Boeheims ego does it?

Good time to move on IMO. THanks for a great career JB and bring in Hop!

Hi. You're clueless. Can I help you?

Who the f was in ATLANTA with us?

Were there 18 other teams here? Or was it Witchita, the team we had in a 20 point hole 3 weeks ago in the first half, and Michigan?

Where are the rest of these great teams this weekend that we should bow down to?

It was ours we should have won 2 games this weekend and his coaching sucked. Especially calling that quick time out and thinking we could get 2 layups...WITH NO GUARDS!

No, the team that beat us 2 out of 3 and outscored us 56-26 IN THE SECOND HALF. Love you you bring up the up by 16 part but fail to mention they kicked out farking in in the second half. Michigan spent all 19 weeks of the regular season ranked in the top 10 of the polls. They were a fluke 4 seed buddy. We didn't to play WSU. Don't let facts get in the way of your emotions.

He had us in a great position to win when we couldn't buy a 3 pointer for 90% of the game. Triche should've been going to the line to tie it up at 58 and instead he was walking to the bench because he fouled out. That was a terrible foul JB called on Triche there just like 3 of the 5 called on MCW...

We were never in a great position to win.
Not once.
Refs were the least of our worries

Nobody said JB was flawless but he did one helluva lot more right than he did wrong. I don't understand some of the things he does but you know what? I haven't won a single game as a D1 coach and he is over 900. I guess that means he might be right and I might not know my ass from first base. I think we should should go with that one.

Pretty appropriate question assuming JB drew up that awful drive to Cooney on the last play.

Hey, we got what we deserved. A National Championship was ours for the taking and MCW and James sucked big time tonight, we couldn't grab a rebound, and still the game was close and JB's coaching was a big reason why we lost.

His ego comes first not the hot hand thats why Jerami got sat. Nothing comes before Boeheims ego does it?

I think it's a tedious question that gets asked over and over and over.
It's lazy reporting.
Hey, let's ask the same question that's been asked a thousand times.
If Boeheim's "ego" or whatever you want to want to call it is responsible for losing games, then it's also responsible for winning games. Overall, it's been a pretty gd impressive winning season.

Yeah of course Jerami can't play in place of a guard or Rak/Keita for a few minutes, it has to be Southerland who sits to keep him on the floor...
Jerami can't play the five defensively and that late in the game Brandon and Michael aren't coming out. Should he have played for CJ?

No, the team that beat us 2 out of 3 and outscored us 56-26 IN THE SECOND HALF. Love you you bring up the up by 16 part but fail to mention they kicked out farking in in the second half. Michigan spent all 19 weeks of the regular season ranked in the top 10 of the polls. They were a fluke 4 seed buddy. We didn't to play WSU. Don't let facts get in the way of your emotions.

Yea it goes both ways with LVille, do you think we'd have lost to them Monday? Very winnable game to get us our second NC.

Michigan were a very good team and by last weekend I was more scared of them than anyone and prayed KU would squeeze that game out. But Michigan relied on second chance 3 pointers against us to beat us. They also were able to play out the entire second half with a reasonably comfortable lead.

Sorry, but there was horrible coaching tonight for us and its a big reason we lost.

I think now is a perfect time to make the change since JB can leave with another final four appearance.

Just one fans opinion.

The hilarious gang mentality here is the only thing helping with this insufferably embarrassing defeat.
Regardless of this season as a whole; can we agree that a) SU should've beaten this team, b) JAB did not call his best game? c) this was a disappointing loss
What about any of that is unreasonable

Pathetic post alumni - stop digging a hole for yourself and don't post anymore tonight.

No, I think a you two are reacting with your emotions and not your heads. Losing sucks, but it happens. Mich is a really good team.

Not gonna happen.

Noone will want to talk about why Jerami got sat in the second half when he was the only guy other than CJ playing well.

We had a good year, we were very close, I am sorry but coaching was a huge reason why we lost tonight thats all there is too it. Michigan were ready to choke that one up to us.

JB taking out Grant and thinking we could get 2 layups in under 15 seconds with no time outs left is a HUGE reason we lost.
You want to know why Grant came out? Because JB knew we needed somebody to hit a jump shot. While I love Grant, he hasn't really taken a jumper since the ND game. It had to be James. He hit one (finally) but never got another shot. Without that 3 we never get within 1. That's why Grant came off the floor.

Next year, Grants game will be light years ahead of where he is now, and will be considered the guy to hit a jumper late in a game when we have to have it.

Ya except down two with ball with thirty seconds left. Hit a three and win, I guess that's not position to win though

You're right it's not a great position to win. Up 8-12 with 30 seconds left is a great position to win which they should've been.

JB changed the de in the 2nd half in a great coaching move - can you admit that bashers? He did not make 3 bad calls in the last minute and a half did he? And he can't make guys hit outside shots - sometimes they just don't go in on a given night. That's why blaming JB is getting you guys bashed. And what is JB supposed to do with both of his point guards on the bench due to crap calls and a freshman who has never played point?!

No, I think a you two are reacting with your emotions and not your heads. Losing sucks, but it happens. Mich is a really good team.

Its not emotional. Our hall of fame coach brought us to a final four. We had a great year. Michigan were a good team.

But they were there to be beaten tonight and sadly coaching played a huge part in the outcome.

So I think its an appropriate time to pass the torch thats all.

JB could stop this question by stating unequivocally that he's coaching next season. He continually gives a roundabout answer always leaving the door open that he might not feel like it in September. He just invites the media to continue to ask it. Also his comment that if the Big East was still in existence he would have quit rather than go to the ACC only continues to foster the impression that he doesn't want to coach in the ACC. I wish he hadn't said that because the media will now twist his words.

JB taking out Grant and thinking we could get 2 layups in under 15 seconds with no time outs left is a HUGE reason we lost.
You don't know that. In your world, your idea in your dreams leads to perfection but it isn't so. Grant has limitations, we needed some threes, JB knows his players and what they're capable of. Whereas you no stuff.

It makes sense to wonder what might have happened if Jerami played. It makes no sense to say that cost us the game. It makes less than no sense to assume you know what you're talking about.

This coming from the same guy who just the other day called anyone who criticized MCW during the season a fake fan.

The hilarious gang mentality here is the only thing helping with this insufferably embarrassing defeat.
Regardless of this season as a whole; can we agree that a) SU should've beaten this team, b) JAB did not call his best game? c) this was a disappointing loss
What about any of that is unreasonable
a) No
b) I have no idea and neither do you
c) Absolutely

Unreasonable? Yes. Saying this team (or frankly any team) should have beaten UM is unreasonable.

Obviously there is emotion involved but everything I've said or agreed with after the game u agreed with was agreed with before the final buzzer. I was embarrassed at halftime. This is not the team that should've shown up today. JAB,
MCW, Brandon, Dirty individually, the defense as a whole, the offense as a whole. There was nothing cohesive about it.
The only difference between us and Louisville today was that they won.
Disappointing. Embarrassing, whatever.
I'm proud of this team as a whole, but today they let us down. From JAB down.

Its not emotional. Our hall of fame coach brought us to a final four. We had a great year. Michigan were a good team.

But they were there to be beaten tonight and sadly coaching played a huge part in the outcome.

So I think its an appropriate time to pass the torch thats all.
You think a HOF coach (who you just admitted dragged us to a FF) should hang em up, because you think he might have been out coached in the last 2 minutes of the game?

How is it that you think Hop is an improvement? We don't know what we really have in him, how can we assume Hop could have dragged our guys this far? How do we know he would have been able to put us in the position to get out coached in the final 90 seconds of a FF?

I'd rather keep JB around to get us the FF time and time again, and hope that our players can overcome his "coaching deficiencies" as you believe them to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom