JB going off on Greg Doyel on the retirement question. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB going off on Greg Doyel on the retirement question.

a) No
b) I have no idea and neither do you
c) Absolutely

Unreasonable? Yes. Saying this team (or frankly any team) should have beaten UM is unreasonable.

Haha. Ill say again we should've and could've beaten Michigan today. That team was unimpressive and talent was on our side.
Louisville should boatrace them

Its not emotional. Our hall of fame coach brought us to a final four. We had a great year. Michigan were a good team.

But they were there to be beaten tonight and sadly coaching played a huge part in the outcome.

So I think its an appropriate time to pass the torch thats all.
Our hall of fame coach brought us to the final four and I think it's time to pass the torch all in one post. Really? Does that seem logical to you? I suggest taking a breather for the night and coming back tomorrow with a little more context on the situation.

This coming from the same guy who just the other day called anyone who criticized MCW during the season a fake fan.

MCW was the biggest reason we didn't choke earlier in the tourney. I had faith. Wish he was better tonight of course.

JB took away any momentum we had benching Jerami when he was dominating and then we didn't get off a 3 pointer with 15 seconds left. Sorry but the coaching was bad. Im ready to move on.

Just one fans opinion. Unfortunately though I can't say anything critical like this because it is interpreted as me slamming the coach and being unappreciative of his long career at SU.

MCW was the biggest reason we didn't choke earlier in the tourney. I had faith. Wish he was better tonight of course.

JB took away any momentum we had benching Jerami when he was dominating and then we didn't get off a 3 pointer with 15 seconds left. Sorry but the coaching was bad. Im ready to move on.

Just one fans opinion. Unfortunately though I can't say anything critical like this because it is interpreted as me slamming the coach and being unappreciative of his long career at SU.

Fake fan.

Pretty appropriate question assuming JB drew up that awful drive to Cooney on the last play.

Hey, we got what we deserved. A National Championship was ours for the taking and MCW and James sucked big time tonight, we couldn't grab a rebound, and still the game was close and JB's coaching was a big reason why we lost.

His ego comes first not the hot hand thats why Jerami got sat. Nothing comes before Boeheims ego does it?

Good time to move on IMO. THanks for a great career JB and bring in Hop!
Seriously? All of that is pretty much ridiculous, especially the "hot hand" Grant comment. Come on.

When you're down multiple possessions, you need offense. You don't need to have two non-offensive threats on the court. You need points and 3 point shooting. Grant doesn't provide that at this point.

When exactly was Grant dominating? Are you kidding me? You are just saying stuff to complain about JB.

When you're down multiple possessions, you need offense. You don't need to have two non-offensive threats on the court. You need points and 3 point shooting. Grant doesn't provide that at this point.

When exactly was Grant dominating? Are you kidding me? You are just saying stuff to complain about JB.

He was dominating the boards and rebounding better than anyone. And we lost because most of Michigan's 3s came off offensive rebounds.

Grant was making a huge impact on the game and got sat. And Southerland didn't hit his 3 for a few possessions he missed one before that, and CJ was out of whack once Grant went out and took his only bad shots of the night.

Jerami was playing dominant in a different but equal way McGary was. And JB benched him in crunch time. JB has had plenty of spats with players over the years and Jerami was this years "dog house" player.

Obviously there is emotion involved but everything I've said or agreed with after the game u agreed with was agreed with before the final buzzer. I was embarrassed at halftime. This is not the team that should've shown up today. JAB,
MCW, Brandon, Dirty individually, the defense as a whole, the offense as a whole. There was nothing cohesive about it.
The only difference between us and Louisville today was that they won.
Disappointing. Embarrassing, whatever.
I'm proud of this team as a whole, but today they let us down. From JAB down.

We held them to 61 points, shutting down Burke and Stauskas in the process. They got four unexpected threes in the first half, two from Levert and two from 30+ feet out. That was the difference going into the locker room, which proved to be too much to overcome. Michigan's defense played a lot better than anyone expected. That was the game.

Sorry, I'm not going to blame JB for those ridiculous threes and I'm not going to blame him because we missed some shots. It happens.

He was dominating the boards and rebounding better than anyone. And we lost because most of Michigan's 3s came off offensive rebounds.

Grant was making a huge impact on the game and got sat. And Southerland didn't hit his 3 for a few possessions he missed one before that, and CJ was out of whack once Grant went out and took his only bad shots of the night.

Jerami was playing dominant in a different but equal way McGary was. And JB benched him in crunch time. JB has had plenty of spats with players over the years and Jerami was this years "dog house" player.
jerami was not dominating in any way that Mcgary was. That is crazy. Jerami didn't play because Southerland was better for him on this team this year. We don't win those games in the Big east tournament without JS.

JB has had plenty of spats with players over the years and Jerami was this years "dog house" player.

Sounds like someone hopped on the bandwagon after the IU game.

okay, easy question. Who had the worse game? JB or MCW

MCW. Tough night but Burke wasn't that much better (so credit MCW for the D and Brandon too.)

Brandon and MCW played hard on D and if we got defensive rebounds off misses that came as a result of their great D (instead of letting Michigan hit second chance 3s) their defense would have been the talk of this game...and Burke probably catches heat for his poor performance.

I'm hardly riding JB. We have a coach in waiting who is a monster recruiter, weve had a great 4 decades with JB, we got back to the Final Four with JB, I think its the perfect time to move on.

When you make comments like this:

AluminNV said:
JB's coaching was a big reason why we lost. His ego comes first not the hot hand thats why Jerami got sat. Nothing comes before Boeheims ego does it?

it's hard not to interpret your post as a slam.

Haha. Ill say again we should've and could've beaten Michigan today. That team was unimpressive and talent was on our side.
Louisville should boatrace them

Talent was on our side?! POY in the nation at point, best player on the court and future lottery pick in McGary and the list goes on. Very talented team in Michigan. Crazy post.

When you make comments like this:

it's hard not to interpret your post as a slam.

Fair enough.

I have lived with his rifts with my favorite players all my life (Hill, McNeil, MCW, Jerami) it was really hard for me to see Grant put on the bench tonight when he was playing so well.

I'm biased I've been ready for Hopkins for a while.

weve had a great 4 decades with JB, we got back to the Final Four with JB, I think its the perfect time to move on.

The last four seasons have been arguably the greatest stretch in the history of the program. If anything, it's the perfect time to stay and keep it going in the ACC. I would be pissed if JB left now.

The last four seasons have been arguably the greatest stretch in the history of the program. If anything, it's the perfect time to stay and keep it going in the ACC. I would be pissed if JB left now.

Being greedy I wanted the 2nd national championship so we could be a 100% fully bonafide blue blood equal to KU, Kentucky, UCLA, Duke, UNC in all ways. We are sure as hell close enough.

We're currently caught in between being at that level and being at the level of an Arizona or Ohio St.

But going back our 4 sweet 16 seasons each took "special" years in terms of talent accumulation. There is no overacheivement or JB mustering up something extra in any of them.

I think JB coached pretty well in 07 and 08 when we got robbed of bids...but he still let us miss those two dances and we could have made sweet 16s in each of those seasons.

JB deserves plenty of praise for our excellent 5 year run but I think a lot of it is the product of being a powerhouse school that draws 30k fans to games and is never going to be THAT bad.

2009 was the culmination of our actual good recruits following the 2003 national championship (because the TRob/Nicols/Watkins class stunk) with it being Jonny, Eric, and Pauls last year.

2010 Wesley Johnson fell from heaven to us because Greg McDermitt bullied him at ISU when he had a broken foot and we were lucky enough to not have to pay for telling Eric and Paul to do one with ayear of eligibility remaining (again you can credit JB for the team being ready to rally around Wes but I think its a product of being a school that draws 30k fans that if you get a special guy like Wes for a 1 and done he's gonna have some talent around him.)

2012 we had a lottery pick coming off the bench and Scoop and Joseph still around.

And 2013 was the MCW year where we were big and long at every position and everyone was suited to our zone.

I don't see a season where JB did a lot with a little. And I don't think any of the last 5 years his coaching was all that much better than the prior years when we got screwed with bids.

JB just had a huge coaching blunder in a 1 possession Final Four game that we lost. Some of ya'll quoting me and getting all abrasive need to remember that. And the National Championship this season was ours we were better than Louisville and Michigan.

Sorry but we should have won it all I am pissed off it sucks.

We got another final 4 out of JB I think now is the perfect time for him to ride off into the sunset. Thats all.

Between putting Jermai back on the bench when he was the only guy other than CJ who played well and that last play to Cooney I think JB takes a big chunk of the blame for tonights loss.
HAHAHAHAHA! ;)

ABC - Always Be Closing...

JB coached his ass off this year. One of his best ever.

I'm not saying it was bad or horrible or anything like that.

But do you honestly believe this? One of his best ever?

44cuse

You do know that the last play was designed for Southerland, but UM switched up the D and had him covered, and left Cooney with no good options.

wow. who would have thought that they would set up a defense designed to cover southerland. if you watch the replay, CJ is so wide open he could have taken a swig of beer and still had time to get his shot off. that play design was terrible..and even if he makes that impossible shot, we lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom