JB has spoken | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

JB has spoken

two3zone said:
I don't know, and you don't know. When you have the legacy of JB and you know you could lose a key piece to your last hurrah team you nor I know what's going through his head.

That's my point. We do know. He's been our coach for 3 decades +... He's honest to a fault and looks out for his guys. He also said this season that getting to the final four is good - but that it didn't hold a ton of weight personally. He was happy for his players.

That's my point. We do know. He's been our coach for 3 decades +... He's honest to a fault and looks out for his guys. He also said this season that getting to the final four is good - but that it didn't hold a ton of weight personally. He was happy for his players.

He can be, and I have no problem with it, I think deep down this was the most rewarding of the final fours, because of all the adversity we went through.

Do you know where I might be able to see these guys and thank them for what they did for the program?

Hell, I'll take them to dinner since it's not considered a violation anymore.

They said you could take me to dinner and they'd call it even.

When you come to Vegas I will do that!

Well damn, if you're in Las Vegas go ask them to dinner. They're at the same NBA draft training center as Dion went. 121 E Sunset Rd, Las Vegas.

If I was forced to guess, I would say Ennis might be talking about JB (who knows), and Mali is talking about fans. I do agree, most likely talking about Brian though.

I think JBs point resonates to the extent that promises don't mean much at this point...you see teams go up there without a clue sometimes, still deciding at the last moment. Unless you're one of the first few picks, you aren't locking yourself in due to how things may play out with trades, etc. I wouldn't have an issue telling a kid we were going to pick him though - I'd tell a bunch. The more that are hanging out at my pick that my team is pretty high on drafting - the better it is for my job!

That being said, Mali seems to gone through the process the best he could, and his information says he should go...can't fault him for that. Hopefully it works out for him! Although I REALLY think he should have come back, and I don't think anything JB said this time was overly offensive...he could have cooled it a bit on Ennis, but he more or less right (assuming he was thinking he'd go top 10).

I also can't fathom his measurables are as high as they are though...I thought the kid was slightly more athletic than some, but he never seemed like a combine conqueror type. That confuses me a tad.

Yeah, I'm not too worked up about this one, it's disappointing because I'd like to see what Malachi could've done in the ACC in his second year, but this is what gets me confused. 38-inch vertical? I don't think that's the player I saw all season. He barely dunked.

Yeah, I'm not too worked up about this one, it's disappointing because I'd like to see what Malachi could've done in the ACC in his second year, but this is what gets me confused. 38-inch vertical? I don't think that's the player I saw all season. He barely dunked.

Some guys jump much higher and run much faster without a basketball in their hands, but a lot of the game is played without having the basketball so the numbers have value.

I know - I never saw the combine results coming out the way they did. He seemed to have average elevation - I guess all that contorting on drives was just to avoid contact, but he really could have just played above the rim. lol

Wes Johnson, yeah, I saw the athleticism. It was just a matter if he could become more fluid with the ball, improve the handle, etc...but Mali, nope, never saw it that way. And Wes only posted a 32 inch vertical. That's a six inch difference.

I took JBs interview as this is the team were rolling into next year with good or bad.

"get off of my lawn you young know-it-all whippersnappers" we played with peach baskets...

grumpy-old-man.jpg

No one thought Ennis was a first round pick for most of his freshman year. McCullough wasn't impressive during the end of his spectacular 15 game college career. You make s lot of investment in recruiting these players, and they bolt.

It's not like either one has done much so far, and I don't expect either to have special careers. They're ordinary NBA players.

It frustrates JB and I'm sure it's one of the things he won't miss when he retires.

An ordinary NBA player is a pretty good gig...

No one thought Ennis was a first round pick for most of his freshman year. McCullough wasn't impressive during the end of his spectacular 15 game college career. You make s lot of investment in recruiting these players, and they bolt.

It's not like either one has done much so far, and I don't expect either to have special careers. They're ordinary NBA players.

It frustrates JB and I'm sure it's one of the things he won't miss when he retires.

I won't touch "ordinary NBA players" because that's a hanging curve.

Anyway while I can empathize with JB wrt recruiting guys like Ennis or Cmac, this is the new normal.

I won't touch "ordinary NBA players" because that's a hanging curve.

Anyway while I can empathize with JB wrt recruiting guys like Ennis or Cmac, this is the new normal.

Which is probably why the overall reaction to this JB outburst was much more muted than those other times. The screaming headlines when he mouthed off about TE or CMac were absent this time around.
I don't think he means to come off in the manner that he does, its just his way...its who he is.

This would seem to be the football equivalent of the WR that runs a 4.4 but never gets open deep or breaks a long run after the catch. Maybe he jumps high when he is specifically focusing on jumping high but he certainly doesnt play explosive from an athletic standpoint. Maybe he will learn how to do that but right now its not who he is, I agree.

Read the article in the OP... Boeheim states players drafted from 22-30 should have stayed another year to try to improve their draft stock...most of them end up in the D league.

Read the article in the OP... Boeheim states players drafted from 22-30 should have stayed another year to try to improve their draft stock...most of them end up in the D league.
I'm sure there is something magical in the cosmos that makes that cutoff of 21 significant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom