JB has spoken | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

JB has spoken

So if you're top 10 then fine you can go, everybody else is sour grapes? He knows he can't say something about these guys because it would be more ridiculous than it already is.

I believe JB things kids need 2 years that way they get a full 20 months in the program to develop including a full summer of strength and conditioning. When a player leaving after their freshman year they are really only in the program far 8 months from August through March. Keep in mind JB stated these players were ready before they were drafted.

Probably because you post and repost the same things over and over again. Somewhat difficult to avoid them.

Not really, I keep responding to different posts, some of which have nothing to do with the kid.

In the 30 for 30 Requiem for the Big East. Towards the end when they are talking about the destruction of the conference Charles Pierce says, "When it comes to the people that coach the game they ran out all the poets and brought in the salesman. To me that is a shame." I think that is what a lot of this boils down to. Every year a kid leaves who probably would have been better served staying one more year and they get drafted lower than promised and are told all these things that don't come to be. For the fans of the team that love JB they view him as the last poet left. The last person who isn't blowing sunshine up peoples a$$es. Then there are others that want him to become the salesman that K and Cal are. I just don't get it. Once he is gone it will be all salesman and you can have your PC no one says what they really think world.

two3zone said:
So if you're top 10 then fine you can go, everybody else is sour grapes? He knows he can't say something about these guys because it would be more ridiculous than it already is.

So funny.

It's only "sour grapes" when you add your own bias to it. The other way to read it is as I've described: he thinks if you're not top 10, you might position your career better by staying. I.e. Looking out for the player. I.e. The complete opposite of sour grapes.

I'm not sure we are in agreement. Fan's opinions are important. You need fans to make money. The NBA is a form of entertainment. There's no reason for a star to publicly ever snub fan no matter what the fan is saying. You want people to buy the shirt with your number on it. Jeremy Shu-How Lin comes to mind.
On 2nd thought, you may be right. Fans have the right to express their opinions, but players have a right to disregard, and if necessary, respond in kind if a fan crosses the line.
Being a fan doesn't give someone the right to act like a jerk. Mali had every right to tell them to F off. JMHO

So funny.

It's only "sour grapes" when you add your own bias to it. The other way to read it is as I've described: he thinks if you're not top 10, you might position your career better by staying. I.e. Looking out for the player. I.e. The complete opposite of sour grapes.

Looking out for a player or looking out for your own best interests? I'm not sure if you follow the NBA or the draft these freshman are getting drafted because a year delaying it can hurt them. If Mali has a 60% chance of raising his stock, is that really worth sticking around another year?

Looking out for a player or looking out for your own best interests? I'm not sure if you follow the NBA or the draft these freshman are getting drafted because a year delaying it can hurt them. If Mali has a 60% chance of raising his stock, is that really worth sticking around another year?

If you had 60% changes of makes an extra 4-6 million dollars in your first contract is it worth it?

I honestly don't think there is anything Mali could do to become a top 10 pick.
The 12th makes twice and much as the 30th each spot you slip cost money and when the cap goes up next year next years' rookie cap goes up as well.

12-30 nba draft 2016.PNG

The 12th makes twice and much as the 30th each spot you slip cost money and when the cap goes up next year next years' rookie cap goes up as well.

View attachment 64059

I think if there was a 100% chance that he improves from late 20s in the draft into the lottery I'm sure he would stay. Unfortunately it's not a sure thing and there is a chance he pops out of the first round.

I think if there was a 100% chance that he improves from late 20s in the draft into the lottery I'm sure he would stay. Unfortunately it's not a sure thing and there is a chance he pops out of the first round.
nothing is ever 100% and it is his choice and his life but is not and easy decision one way or the other.

nothing is ever 100% and it is his choice and his life but is not and easy decision one way or the other.

I don't disagree with that at all. I think we're actually on the same page. Personally I think he should have stayed as I think he could have slipped into the lottery next year. Don't think he's top 10 but I think he could have been 10-15.

I don't know what he has been told but I think he'll end up anywhere from 20-35.

I don't disagree with that at all. I think we're actually on the same page. Personally I think he should have stayed as I think he could have slipped into the lottery next year. Don't think he's top 10 but I think he could have been 10-15.

I don't know what he has been told but I think he'll end up anywhere from 20-35.
and if people on this thread had as balanced a take as this then they wouldn't be getting in arguments.

On 2nd thought, you may be right. Fans have the right to express their opinions, but players have a right to disregard, and if necessary, respond in kind if a fan crosses the line.
Being a fan doesn't give someone the right to act like a jerk. Mali had every right to tell them to F off. JMHO

Exactly, attacking someone on their social media site is crossing the line and being a jerk, people are within their right to discuss a players decision on a basketball forum.

By the way next years draft is rated much higher than this years draft. So Malachi could come back get better and lose draft spots

They should do what they want to do because it's their lives. In that way, they are 100% always making the "right choice"...

Yeah .. 20 year olds making decisions on what they want at that moment .. What could go wrong

two3zone said:

It's really crazy to me that it's harder for you to believe that he's looking out for their best interests than it is to assume he'd give them bad info to keep them.

Bias against JB.

STEVEHOLT said:
Yeah .. 20 year olds making decisions on what they want at that moment .. What could go wrong

Yeah - I'm sure you'd give up making your own decisions to a bunch of strangers when you were 20.

It's really crazy to me that it's harder for you to believe that he's looking out for their best interests than it is to assume he'd give them bad info to keep them.

Bias against JB.

I don't know, and you don't know. When you have the legacy of JB and you know you could lose a key piece to your last hurrah team you nor I know what's going through his head.

I don't know, and you don't know. When you have the legacy of JB and you know you could lose a key piece to your last hurrah team you nor I know what's going through his head.
JB has been like this for at least 20yrs...I care more about his legacy than he does

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom