JB on McC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

JB on McC

I've mentioned a few times on how this looks to the outside world and wondered if it would have consequences in recruiting or has it had consequences in recruiting.

I know Bryant hasn't signed with anybody yet, but I just can't see this as a positive.

if JB is intentionally trying to keep CM out of the draft, then I think its a pretty clear indication that he thinks Bryant is not going to sign up.

Jake said:
Have heard the same. I know some people who work closely with the players outside of practice...the stories of him telling anyone and everyone that he is one and done are many. Have to wonder how hard he practices.

He's the same player he was as a junior in prep school.

Very little improvement.

JB was one of those ****ing ass kissers. This is partially why this treatment is so infuriating. Have some accountability, for the love of god. You're part of the problem Jim if this is his apparent problem.
I believe JB saw the potential and is pssed that Chris is doing little to reach it. I don't think JB was wrong then or now.

The kid is out of position, gives up rebounds to lesser talent, does not go strong to the basket. The only way this team reaches any post season is if he starts playing like JB thinks he is capable of. He is still looking for the NBA but his play will not get him there, potential only goes so far, he begins to exhibit questionable potential because he has not shown any improvement.
If JB just told him you are doing great, how would that help him get any better? JB is trying to get him going, and knows the kid better than any on this board. You all have short memories, he rode Seikaly mercilessly, but in the end made him into a star NBA player, which he never would have become without that pressure.

I swear to god it's like people act as if press conferences are the only times he communicates with these players. I can guarantee not a single poster chastising Boeheim for this crap thinks that he needs to be nice to Chris. I think we're all in agreeance that away from the mics, he can be as negative and realistic as he wants. At this point though Chris has simply become a pariah.

Maybe JB should bring the kid milk and cookies and read him a bedtime story after he puts up a 3 & 4 stat line against FSU on Sunday.

I think there are enough people in this thread who would beat him to it.

I believe JB saw the potential and is pssed that Chris is doing little to reach it. I don't think JB was wrong then or now.

That's the thing though, he had been reaching it. Offensively at least he played great through the 2K tournament. Defensively he needed work, yeah, but I trusted Jim to work on him and get up his ass about it. Now though, ever since the freakin' Forde press conference, it's the opposite story, and the only visible change is that Boeheim is basically calling the kid garbage after every game now.

McCollough is a good kid who is playing hard. He is struggling and his coach who is paid while he isn't is taking shots at him. What unless McC is a major pain in the a$$ JB should just stop with these quotes. He never spoke like this when other players have struggled who are on the team.

The kid never gets back on defense, I fail to see where he is working so hard. Right now I would say if he leaves next year it would not be that big a blow. The big problem is he is not improving, and until he starts to do that, he is just a big over rated flash in the pan.

Hope all the other guys are buying CMac drinks for being JB's target this year.

JB looks old and curmudgeonly when he's tearing into him in the media.

And the thing is, this opens the door for players to go after JB in the media.

If CMac is playing so poorly, pull him from starting.

Otherwise JB needs to in the media and deal with this internally.

Some kids need a kick in the butt, others need a pat on the back. It seems curious that C Mc went in the tank after JB started ripping him from the whole Forde's lottery pick thing. May have killed the kid's confidence. Not everyone can take the criticism. Roberson is the same way.
Please. His performance went down when he began playing against decent competition; right now it is readily (and painfully) apparent he doesn't match up physically.

I think there are enough people in this thread who would beat him to it.

And I'm sure you think I'm one of them. I'm as much of a sycophant for McCullough as you are a critic for Boeheim.

Please. His performance went down when he began playing against decent competition; right now it is readily (and painfully) apparent he doesn't match up physically.
He played more than OK against Cal and Iowa -- certainly decent teams.

I don't know. The kid is playing extremely poorly and is talking about being one and done (supposedly). It probably doesn't matter what JB says in a press conference. If he leaves, he leaves. That is just the way things are. It does come across as mean-spirited, but also somewhat more lighthearted when you watch full press conferences, as opposed to reading ten-word Twitter quotes.

If CMac is playing so poorly, pull him from starting.

Was waiting for someone to make this point.

Boeheim has long been reluctant to use his bench as a motivational tool for his stars. I don't know if it would work in this instance, but it has to be better than disparaging him in public while continuing to play the kid and letting him flounder.

If he's not working hard or taking instruction, sit him. If he is, lay off the public criticism.

Was waiting for someone to make this point.

Boeheim has long been reluctant to use his bench as a motivational tool for his stars. I don't know if it would work in this instance, but it has to be better than disparaging him in public while continuing to play the kid and let him flounder.

If he's not working hard or taking instruction, sit him. If he is, lay off the public criticism.
I do agree with this. If he's not working hard in practice, sit him. If he's not producing in games, sit him. Don't just trot him out there because of who he is. If you don't think he should be starting based on the way he's performing, don't start him.

if JB is intentionally trying to keep CM out of the draft, then I think its a pretty clear indication that he thinks Bryant is not going to sign up.
eh, JB is trying to get him to play well enough this year to salvage this year - nothing beyond that

Willy75 said:

That's not true at all.

12 and 6 vs Cal
20 and 9 vs Iowa
10 and 12 vs Mich
13 and 8 vs SJ

Outside if Villanova he's done best against the better teams we've played.

JB made the original comments after the Holy Cross game when Cm went 14 and 13, still did solid against Michigan and St Johns, still trashed McCullough and now here we are.

I do agree with this. If he's not working hard in practice, sit him. If he's not producing in games, sit him. Don't just trot him out there because of who he is. If you don't think he should be starting based on the way he's performing, don't start him.

Problem is, TRob had more turnovers than points tonight.

OttoMets said:
Was waiting for someone to make this point. Boeheim has long been reluctant to use his bench as a motivational tool for his stars. I don't know if it would work in this instance, but it has to be better than disparaging him in public while continuing to play the kid and letting him flounder. If he's not working hard or taking instruction, sit him. If he is, lay off the public criticism.

Ehhh, I don't think JBs ever given a crap about who somebody is. He wants to win every game and is going to play the person who he thinks gives him the best chance. He knows McCullough is a good player, that's why he plays.

MCW, Rak, Fab, Dc2. Every single one of those guys are MCAA players and either didn't play as freshman or played very very little, it doesn't matter who you are or your accolades coming in. I don't know the stats off the top of my head but I think this is going to be the first year Rak breaks 1000 minutes for a season.

I swear to god it's like people act as if press conferences are the only times he communicates with these players. I can guarantee not a single poster chastising Boeheim for this crap thinks that he needs to be nice to Chris. I think we're all in agreeance that away from the mics, he can be as negative and realistic as he wants. At this point though Chris has simply become a pariah.

Do you mean whipping boy, because pariah just does not fit? I think he probably is trying to make the kid realize he is not ready in any way for the NBA, doubt it works, but it would be best for his future if he were to get stronger and become a better player before putting a foot in the NBA waters.

OttoMets said:
Was waiting for someone to make this point. Boeheim has long been reluctant to use his bench as a motivational tool for his stars. I don't know if it would work in this instance, but it has to be better than disparaging him in public while continuing to play the kid and letting him flounder. If he's not working hard or taking instruction, sit him. If he is, lay off the public criticism.

This is what makes me think it's much more of an ego thing, and his indirect battle with Chad Forde. If he is playing so bad sit him. Roberson hasn't been great, but he has looked better then Chris lately.

Look it is what it is, Boehiem isn't going to change his style of press conference. He ripped the entire team in the OC including Roberson, Silent G, Buss etc. I recommend not listening to future pressers cause like the zone d it isn't going away anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom