JB Presser | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JB Presser

If a coach were recruiting head to head against JB then all he'd have to do is show a series of highlights from JB's postgame pressers to the recruit. The combination of JB snarling at reporters and bashing his own players would have the kid signing on the dotted line in a heartbeat.
Yep, you can get away with that when your winning 25 games but when your record is mediocre and the game is passing you by, you then look bitter and out of touch/tone deaf. That description is approaching Bob Knight territory.

Last edited:
It’s a chicken little shthead post. There’s zero need to exaggerate. And it happens here a lot. People think it makes them look intelligent when in reality it makes people look stupid.

So the only time people will be happy if we win a conference title? And I deleted my post so carry on. Not sure what it has to do with JB’s presser anyway.
At this point I just want some March games. That was my goal preseason. After losing 5 non conference games, I am legitimately concerned about that chance now. I predicted, I think 3. Didn’t expect gtown and Colgate, though.

Honestly, I think JB is past the point of caring about top 25 rankings or conference titles. These days he seems content to put all his chips on winning 2 games in the middle of March, and calling the season a success.

No one can convince me he has the same fire and ambition to build a national title contender the way he did 10 years ago.
I think I agree. The frustrating this is, yes there are upsets in the tournament, but odds are that a better regular season will lead to a better seed and a better chance for even more success in the tournament.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd almost feel better about the program if winning a couple games in the tournament was considered a disappointment because of higher expectations.

At this point I just want some March games. That was my goal preseason. After losing 5 non conference games, I am legitimately concerned about that chance now. I predicted, I think 3. Didn’t expect gtown and Colgate, though.
At this point I'll take work to.do in the acct.

Honestly, I think JB is past the point of caring about top 25 rankings or conference titles. These days he seems content to put all his chips on winning 2 games in the middle of March, and calling the season a success.

No one can convince me he has the same fire and ambition to build a national title contender the way he did 10 years ago.
This

It's pretty obvious now its time for exit strategy/plan

The whole thing is a mess. We're NIT bound and on our way to at least a dozen losses. And the ACC isn't that good this year. We're not even the best team in the state which year in and year out is a pretty low bar to climb.
I'm not taking the NIT as a given. I'm not convinced we win 15 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom