Jerami Grant per Draft Express on Under 19 Team | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant per Draft Express on Under 19 Team

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
The Syracuse forward continues to fill out his frame impressively, now standing at 6-9 and 215 pounds according to what he told us in the interview below. He's going to wow NBA scouts immediately just on first glance with his physical potential, even if he still has plenty of room to improve with his skill-level.

Grant's phenomenal size, length, frame and mobility will allow him to guard multiple positions and play a variety of roles on this USA Basketball squad. He's often the one assigned to bother the player in-bounding the ball, and will likely play a significant role at the top of USA's full-court press, as well as rotating over for traps in the corners, and doubling the low-post. His wingspan and strong anticipation skills allow him to make his presence felt in the passing lanes, making deflections, and coming up with plenty of blocks, steals and rebounds.

Offensively, Grant is very much a work in progress still. His ball-handling skills are fairly poor, making it difficult for him to create his own shot effectively in the half-court. He's also not a great outside shooter at this stage, not showing the best mechanics but also not looking very confident stepping into his jumper when open. Part of the reason for this is because of how much of a team player he is, as he at times seemingly prefers to make the extra pass instead of looking for his own points. With his strong first step and ability to run the floor he often finds himself in position to score around the basket, but is still working on knowing how to finish effectively, particularly through contact.

All in all, Grant is an extremely interesting long-term prospect, even if he's clearly still at a very early stage of his development. His primary impact will be felt defensively on this team, but NBA scouts will be watching closely to see what kind of potential he shows on the other end of the floor as well.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2WirIbqCa
http://www.draftexpress.com

6'9 and might not be done growing.
Imagine this guy with a little more length, wow!
Might be looking at the best frontcourt in the nation, guys and girls.
Be prepared for a fun year.

Agree 100% article is spot on.

I wouldnt sleep on roberson as a freshmen either. he has a decent dribble and is getting very confident on his jumpers he drained four in the mary kline classic two were baseline turnarounds.
I wouldn't be surprised if he blew up as a freshmen being a 4th maybe even 3rd scoring option at times.

The evaluation covers his stengths and weaknesses. I agree with the assessment. Grant is still more of an athlete than a skilled basketball player. He will be a real asset but if you expect consistent scoring as in being able to create his own offense and take what the defense gives him you will probably be disappointed, at least this year. Overall, Grant has more to offer but Roberson appears to be pretty skilled for an incoming big, more so than Grant was. Grant will be a force but he is still raw.

I will be surprised if he produces big offensive numbers for the under 19 team. i will be watching because that will give us a hint of what to expect during the season.

I hope that Silent G and Ennis can be offensive threats. I am not counting on XMAS or Grant for consistent offense. I also hope that DJC can play D, because we will need his O. In general, I expect us to be more of a defensive team than an O team. BJ and Roberson will have opportunity to show what they can do.

I would call his defense basketball player not just athlete though. He has the iq,skills, mobility, refelxes and one on one defense to be one of if not our best defender ever.

Agree its easier to call us a defensive team with the chemistry and who we have, but I think we can be a good offensive team if the chips fall right. Gbinije/Dajuan/Ennis need to be more like Jr. Devendorf/senior AO,Rautins then the here one game gone the next we saw alot of the last few years.

I wouldn't call his offense poor. That was overly critical. Dude has decent mechanics and was hitting mid range shots with some regularity. Jerami Grant will be a phenomenal basketball player for us and beyond.

6'9 and might not be done growing.
Imagine this guy with a little more length, wow!
Might be looking at the best frontcourt in the nation, guys and girls.
Be prepared for a fun year.

By late October he'll be 7'8".

And let's not forget about Johnson...I'll bet a pretty penny he'll be at least 7'5" by the time he arrives on campus/

I wouldn't call his offense poor. That was overly critical. Dude has decent mechanics and was hitting mid range shots with some regularity. Jerami Grant will be a phenomenal basketball player for us and beyond.

The Syracuse forward continues to fill out his frame impressively, now standing at 6-9 and 215 pounds according to what he told us in the interview below. He's going to wow NBA scouts immediately just on first glance with his physical potential, even if he still has plenty of room to improve with his skill-level.

Grant's phenomenal size, length, frame and mobility will allow him to guard multiple positions and play a variety of roles on this USA Basketball squad. He's often the one assigned to bother the player in-bounding the ball, and will likely play a significant role at the top of USA's full-court press, as well as rotating over for traps in the corners, and doubling the low-post. His wingspan and strong anticipation skills allow him to make his presence felt in the passing lanes, making deflections, and coming up with plenty of blocks, steals and rebounds.

Offensively, Grant is very much a work in progress still. His ball-handling skills are fairly poor, making it difficult for him to create his own shot effectively in the half-court. He's also not a great outside shooter at this stage, not showing the best mechanics but also not looking very confident stepping into his jumper when open. Part of the reason for this is because of how much of a team player he is, as he at times seemingly prefers to make the extra pass instead of looking for his own points. With his strong first step and ability to run the floor he often finds himself in position to score around the basket, but is still working on knowing how to finish effectively, particularly through contact.

All in all, Grant is an extremely interesting long-term prospect, even if he's clearly still at a very early stage of his development. His primary impact will be felt defensively on this team, but NBA scouts will be watching closely to see what kind of potential he shows on the other end of the floor as well.

Looked like a big time player from day one. Great attitude. Will ratchet things up at least another full notch.

Jerami Grant was my favorite player last year. Kid is going to be a beast this year.

I really liked this young man and his future contributions should be exciting.Great height and hustle to boot. Jimmy correctly loved his defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom