Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can definitely test the pro waters. He's shown a lot and shown that he has even more upside, imo. He can gain weight while getting paid and any pro team will get him extended for a short jumper more so than SU. Maybe he doesn't even care about the NBA versus playing overseas, I dunno.

I think he'll be back, but the reasons if he wants to try going pro or elsewhere? He is fifth out of the five starters in FGA/game. And not by a little, by a lot. JGIII is fourth out of the five starters at 10 FGA/game and Jesse is at 6.9 FGA/game. That is while being one of the top FG% in the country and hilariously having to cover for the ineptitude on defense that surrounds him.

Again, I think he's coming back, but I can see a world where he may want a change of scenery.
I agree - if he wants more touches and the Brothers act is returning...well we know their shot attempts aren't going down.

I dont think he should...but why wouldn't he. Why wouldn't that be a possible option?
I guess you only read the first line of my post addressing this matter in depth and arguing why it’s unlikely.

Im not worried about him transferring. Pros
If it’s not the NBA (and I don’t think he gets much traction there after this season), he’s not turning pro until graduation. Kids want to get drafted and play in the NBA and his best chance for that is coming back for his senior season.

If it’s not the NBA (and I don’t think he gets much traction there after this season), he’s not turning pro until graduation. Kids want to get drafted and play in the NBA and his best chance for that is coming back for his senior season.
Im shocked after Chris McCullough, Oshae, etc etc that the idea that it would be unfathomable that he leaves still exists on this board.

Frank will pull an Etan and foul out before halftime before the year is over
He can only do that if JB doesn't do his job and sit him after two fouls in 1st half.

I think he definitely comes back next year, and better than ever. Jesse is an intelligent kid. According to Donna's recent article, he originally had aspirations of being an MD and now majors in Biotechnology.

Modesty forbids me mentioning how brilliant folks in biotech are, but I'm guessing that Jesse wants that degree in addition to adding the strength to play in the NBA. One more year gets him both.

He can definitely test the pro waters. He's shown a lot and shown that he has even more upside, imo. He can gain weight while getting paid and any pro team will get him extended for a short jumper more so than SU. Maybe he doesn't even care about the NBA versus playing overseas, I dunno.

I think he'll be back, but the reasons if he wants to try going pro or elsewhere? He is fifth out of the five starters in FGA/game. And not by a little, by a lot. JGIII is fourth out of the five starters at 10 FGA/game and Jesse is at 6.9 FGA/game. That is while being one of the top FG% in the country and hilariously having to cover for the ineptitude on defense that surrounds him.

Again, I think he's coming back, but I can see a world where he may want a change of scenery.
He won’t get a sniff from the NBA. Maybe internationally, but he just got manhandled by a stiff from BC.

I think he definitely comes back next year, and better than ever. Jesse is an intelligent kid. According to Donna's recent article, he originally had aspirations of being an MD and now majors in Biotechnology.

Modesty forbids me mentioning how brilliant folks in biotech are, but I'm guessing that Jesse wants that degree in addition to adding the strength to play in the NBA. One more year gets him both.
He looks like a mad scientist. Can't he invent some radical new procedure that heal his fracture by Saturday?

In October my wife was diagnosed with stage 4c esophageal cancer which had metastasized into her lungs and lymph nodes. Her condition was such they couldn't do radiology or full chemo. So her primary remedy was Keytruda, a biological immuno-therapy. Dec 27th her CT scan couldn't find a trace of cancer anywhere.

Bio-techs are unsung heroes in my playbook. Thank you.

Jesse can be a consensus AA next year and then go save mankind.

He won’t get a sniff from the NBA. Maybe internationally, but he just got manhandled by a stiff from BC.
Respectfully disagree. Still needs to add to his game, but he’ll get a sniff - and maybe even a cup of coffee.

In October my wife was diagnosed with stage 4c esophageal cancer which had metastasized into her lungs and lymph nodes. Her condition was such they couldn't do radiology or full chemo. So her primary remedy was Keytruda, a biological immuno-therapy. Dec 27th her CT scan couldn't find a trace of cancer anywhere.

Check your in-box

I just don’t agree that he won’t get a sniff. I’m not saying he makes it, but I think he absolutely can get a sniff.

And if not the nba, he can definitely play somewhere for money.
I’m saying now. If he stays two more years he will get drafted. He’s just not physically ready to bang with big athletic bodies.

It’s not the 80s or early 90s.

What wonderful news! May it continue.

5 years ago my 26 year old nephew was diagnosed with metastatic medullary thyroid cancer. He has had every cutting edge therapy. He had to retire from Naval Intelligence and now lives in Vermont. He runs marathons and climbs mountains. Some of the treatments were pretty hard on him, but he is doing well with his current regimen.

He is alive. And so is your wife. Miracles (and science!) abound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom