Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re talking the 3rd or 4th center. Of course they aren’t rotation players at the center.

I get your opinion, and of course I'll root like all get out for those guys, but having three guys on scholly that can't play center at this level (or at least imo) is not ok.

We are one break away from the same situation at forward and at guard. Zero depth.

I think JBA can be productive in limited spot minutes. He’s become a caricature, when he’s actually got some nice tools. We forget he’s coming off injury and multiple players have been outspoken on his game in practice. Maybe a chance to shock some people?

I have no expectations that Bourama can provide us more than 3-5 mins here or there. I hope he proves me wrong.
I'm dead serious here... if the over/under for the rest of the season was 2 points for JBA, would you take the over?

I don’t know why it’s funny. It’s factual and truthful and I won’t be surprised if JB says that. Hell, he just lost arguably his best all around player.
It is. You know what he meant though. Losing Jesse really impacts the rest of the season. Up to that point, we were 13-11 though.

I get your opinion, and of course I'll root like all get out for those guys, but having three guys on scholly that can't play center at this level (or at least imo) is not ok.

We are one break away from the same situation at forward and at guard. Zero depth.

Center is the one position I felt we had some depth. You can’t just assume your starter will be hurt. Frank is close to being one of the better back ups in the league. I’m not sure what other teams have as their 3rd center. I’m sure there are teams that if they need a 3rd center they move a forward in.

Figures, too much positive news for football and hoops, have to get shot down. Best for a quick rehab for Jesse.

So are we swapping Frank for Jesse in the starting five or will we go with Jimmy and start Sy and then rotate in Frank?

Center is the one position I felt we had some depth. You can’t just assume your starter will be hurt. Frank is close to being one of the better back ups in the league. I’m not sure what other teams have as their 3rd center. I’m sure there are teams that if they need a 3rd center they move a forward in.

Frank isn’t as good as Jesse, but I think he can get us 10 and 6 with 25/30 MPG.

Frank isn’t as good as Jesse, but I think he can get us 10 and 6 with 25/30 MPG.

It's not just the 10 and 6. It's that it took Jesse four shots to get 10 points.

His efficiency was one of the best in the whole country.

That offset us letting it fly from three so much.

It's not just the aggregate, it's the efficiency.

Benny Williams, we need you now. It is your time to show the player you are.

I don’t think this is a stretch, but I can see us not feeding Frank the ball at all and we just shoot more and more from the outside. This shouldn’t be a death penalty to our season but I don’t see how JB will be able to help himself with giving Jimmy more time at center than Frank.

I'm dead serious here... if the over/under for the rest of the season was 2 points for JBA, would you take the over?
No lol im just saying he’s not the walk on/joke type player he’s been talked of. He shows good bball IQ in passing and positioning. His jumpers not bad but he’s not a scorer clearly. Im just saying we’re not to a point of walking out walk ons.

No lol im just saying he’s not the walk on/joke type player he’s been talked of. He shows good bball IQ in passing and positioning. His jumpers not bad but he’s not a scorer clearly. Im just saying we’re not to a point of walking out walk ons.
I'm all for getting the enforcer 5' a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom