Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

Jimmy is a good player. I like this addition. I know people like to make jokes but he can shoot and has good size. He is a smart player and I don't watch a lot of Cornell but I feel like he is an underrated passer and he has really good shot selection. He is not going to start over Quincy is he comes back of course. He is not the most athletic kid. I really wish we had Kadary back because I think Jimmy at the wing wouldn't be an issue as much if we didn't have Joe up top. If Quincy doesn't come back I think Benny, Cole and Jimmy makes a nice 3 forward rotation. We are never going to be great at defense with Joe so if we have a bunch of guys that can shoot and we outscore people that could be successful. No matter who plays we will have 4 3 point shooters out there. It will also help with Symir not being the best shooter if both wings are can space the floor.
I think this is a good point. I think overall team athleticism and lack of guys who can beat their man off the dribble/get after it on defense is a concern.

On the other hand, our size, outside shooting and age/experience should be pluses. Hopefully the pieces come together.

Agree with everything, but while we have a bunch of shooters which is never bad, do we have anybody who looks to pass first or is even an above average passer? Anybody who can get into the passing lanes on defense or recover from a missed rotation? This could end up being a big disaster.
I know you don’t want to hear this but Joe did lead the team in assists

Agree with everything, but while we have a bunch of shooters which is never bad, do we have anybody who looks to pass first or is even an above average passer? Anybody who can get into the passing lanes on defense or recover from a missed rotation? This could end up being a big disaster.
I think Jimmy is a better passer than he is a shooter though I don't think that's saying a lot.

Jimmy will be a Marek like addition to this team. That's how i see this going.

It never hurts to have smart basketball players. LFG!

It might just be me, but I was wondering about ForCuseSake's take on this commitment...

Yo Jimbo,

1618604948252.png

As the youngest of 3 boys, I'm looking forward to watching the Brothers Boeheim next year.

And I'll obviously be rooting for Buddy to roast his big bro on the scorer's sheet.

Big disaster? No. This will be a strong, entertaining team.

Big disaster? No. This will be a strong, entertaining team.

Strong as in “top 25 for much of the year, in competition for the ACC title, and say...a top 6 seed in the dance” type of strong? Curious at just how strong you’re thinking at this point.

Strong as in “top 25 for much of the year, in competition for the ACC title, and say...a top 6 seed in the dance” type of strong? Curious at just how strong you’re thinking at this point.
One thing I have talked about a lot is our schedule next year. It looks to be tough. saying that, I think this team will be like the 1996 Syracuse team. That team didn't finish first in the Big East and most fans would have told you that we weren't in the class of G-town or Conn. But we played for the national title. I think top 25 territory and top 6 seed. Depending on how fair the ACC schedule is, should be at or around the top of that as well. But we could see our home games against soft ACC teams and road games against very tough ones. If this was round robin like in the old days, I wouldn't hedge one bit on his being a contender for the ACC. Now, I have to wait until August or Sept to tell you how I think things will shake out. I think that was already determined but with this past seasons Covid changes have to have a change on the league schedule.

One thing I have talked about a lot is our schedule next year. It looks to be tough. saying that, I think this team will be like the 1996 Syracuse team. That team didn't finish first in the Big East and most fans would have told you that we weren't in the class of G-town or Conn. But we played for the national title. I think top 25 territory and top 6 seed. Depending on how fair the ACC schedule is, should be at or around the top of that as well. But we could see our home games against soft ACC teams and road games against very tough ones. If this was round robin like in the old days, I wouldn't hedge one bit on his being a contender for the ACC. Now, I have to wait until August or Sept to tell you how I think things will shake out. I think that was already determined but with this past seasons Covid changes have to have a change on the league schedule.
Fair. I badly hope you’re right.

And all of us knuckleheads who said he only had 1 year left seem to be correct...
I will tell you a funny story about that. In the middle of that, I called the NCAA. I asked. I actually called twice. Talked to two different people. I swear, no kidding, I got two different answers. I actually got the feeling that they hadn't thought about the Ivy situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom