Jimmy Jr. ( James Boeheim ) | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Jr. ( James Boeheim )

Status
Not open for further replies.

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
After seeing his game last night, who doesn't think he could be a player at the highest level of college basketball. At least a sixth or seventh man.

After seeing his game last night, who doesn't think he could be a player at the highest level of college basketball. At least a sixth or seventh man.
No

Jimmy went to the school he thought would be best for him (academics as well as basketball), and it's worked out very well for him. He had nary a nibble from a high major.

Jim did not encourage Jimmy to come to SU. In fact, neither did Jim encourage Buddy to come here ... and he initially did not want to offer Buddy a scholarship (because he feared complaints of nepotism). It was the assistant coaches who convinced Jim to offer Buddy a scholarship.

Is the narrative he couldn’t?

He went to a school where he could get quality minutes from the start and get a great education while playing a sport he loves.

That should be the narrative.
The narrative was/is that nobody thought he was going to be the kind of player he is now and he didn't get recruited to play for a top 30 team. I think he might be better than anybody on our team. I could see him on UVA, Duke or Nova real easy.

Jimmy went to the school he thought would be best for him (academics as well as basketball), and it's worked out very well for him. He had nary a nibble from a high major.

Jim did not encourage Jimmy to come to SU. In fact, neither did Jim encourage Buddy to come here ... and he initially did not want to offer Buddy a scholarship (because he feared complaints of nepotism). It was the assistant coaches who convinced Jim to offer Buddy a scholarship.
And (you would know better CTO) I believe other coaches told JB that Buddy should be at SU.

The narrative was/is that nobody thought he was going to be the kind of player he is now and he didn't get recruited to play for a top 30 team. I think he might be better than anybody on our team. I could see him on UVA, Duke or Nova real easy.
maybe you didn't notice him on the defensive end of the court. He couldn't guard anyone.

And (you would know better CTO) I believe other coaches told JB that Buddy should be at SU.
Wish they told him about Jimmy too. He is a high IQ player with all kinds of skills and competitive fire. I thought he was going to be somewhat less athletic, but he is starting to remind me of a John Stockton type of player, but at forward.

maybe you didn't notice him on the defensive end of the court. He couldn't guard anyone.
He does all that teams scoring, you want him to dog guys on defense too?

the player he is now isn’t close to what he was in HS. He’s improved a ton.
Right. If he makes another big jump when he is a senior, he's going to be a real big time player. And I think he will.

Right. If he makes another big jump when he is a senior, he's going to be a real big time player. And I think he will.
You have him penciled in on the roster of the #1 team in the country, “easy.”

A big jump from that, next year, may as well be implying lottery pick.

Come on.

You have him penciled in on the roster of the #1 team in the country, “easy.”

A big jump from that, next year, may as well be implying lottery pick.

Come on.
He's got a good look going right now. Classy.

He doesn't have the athleticism to play consistently well at this level. I'm not sold on his brother either on that front but as a forward, Jimmy would have a tough time covering the kind of ground our guys do playing the wings of the zone. Enormous amount of court to cover. Hughes made him look pretty bad on d the last ten minutes of the ballgame. Jimmy is at the right level for his skill set.

He doesn't have the athleticism to play consistently well at this level. I'm not sold on his brother either on that front but as a forward, Jimmy would have a tough time covering the kind of ground our guys do playing the wings of the zone. Enormous amount of court to cover. Hughes made him look pretty bad on d the last ten minutes of the ballgame. Jimmy is at the right level for his skill set.

Being “The Man” playing for an Ivy League program has gotta be way better than bench fodder at a P5.

Neither option gets a sniff at the Pros, but the former gets to be a BMOC rather than on a milk carton.

Athleticism is over rated in basketball and many other sports. The ability to shoot well is the most important skill any basketball player can have. Why? Because you never get points unless you score. Great vertical, speed, strength...Tons of players are athletic specimens. Are they good basketball players?
Here are just a few Syracuse players who were average or below average athletically.
Gmac
Ennis
Lawrence Moten
Pearl.
4 pretty mediocre Athletes who just happened to be ok at basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom