JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues

IMG_5688.png

You are saying that the number of seats for BB will be reduced. Maybe I'm missing something, but why couldn't the field curtain be moved toward the east end 10 yards or so?

The curtain has been gone for over a decade, I believe.
Unless he has inside knowledge that they are bringing it back.

On a different note, was at the box office the other day to grab my seasons, and it's pretty sad how many seats are blacked out because they are reserving it for those package deals and last minute flash sales. Don't understand why all unsold seats were not eligible.

I think that whatever they do, the decision process should be in favor of the most comfort for the fan. Don't skimp on space for an extra thousand seats, if it means cupholders vs. no cupholders. I mean, even movie theaters have cup holders now, and the seats have to be big enough for today's heftier fan.

If they spend all this money, and it's still an unpleasant experience with cramped seating and no place to put your drink, or a swing out tray (maybe) for your food, then what's the point. Make it as good as experience as you can, or else you're not going to retain fans over time.

Sorry to reply to myself, but the thing to remember is that this upgrade is probably going to be the last big change for 25 more years. They need to get it as right as they can, finances permitting.

Sorry to reply to myself, but the thing to remember is that this upgrade is probably going to be the last big change for 25 more years. They need to get it as right as they can, finances permitting.
Speaking of getting it right, whatever happened to the archbold connection? Worrisome that we haven’t heard anything about concrete timelines for breaking ground by now.

do we really think they are still playing fbal in 24 yrs? there is a chance they dont have any ncaa sports at all in 24 yrs the way things are going now.

do we really think they are still playing fbal in 24 yrs? there is a chance they dont have any ncaa sports at all in 24 yrs the way things are going now.

Well, SU's soccer team should be coming off it's 3rd or 4th national championship by then. Fan tastes are moving toward soccer anyway.

You are saying that the number of seats for BB will be reduced. Maybe I'm missing something, but why couldn't the field curtain be moved toward the east end 10 yards or so?
We could add a few hundred trapeze swings hanging from the roof for our more athletic and daring fans. No idea how they would get up or down though.

The curtain has been gone for over a decade, I believe.
I didn't know that. I live in PA and don't attend BB games anymore. Couldn't they just sell more seats towards the east end of the dome?

I didn't know that. I live in PA and don't attend BB games anymore. Couldn't they just sell more seats towards the east end of the dome?
You could move the Bleachers (curtain line) back to allow more seats on the sides, but then those people are further from the court.

They already do that. They sell as many seats as they can that have a view of the court. The pull-out bleachers on the opposite sideline from the benches eventually obstruct the view for folks sitting on the opposite end of the Dome.

Pretty sure it disappeared once Gross showed up during my time on the hill.

Yeah I wanted to say at least 15 years but I couldn't exactly remember nor could I find any articles about it. I just know that it was still up during the '03 championship year.

They can. Those seats are great for football but not so much for basketball.

Hoping the quality of the basketball program can be quickly restored and hoping SUAD is smart enough to hold prices at current levels for basketball when the individual seats get installed.

I worry they will see this as a big improvement that fans will be happy to pay significantly more for.

No question, individual seats should make sitting at a game for a couple of hours a little more comfortable but SUAD needs to balance that with the fact that almost all season ticket holders are going to get significantly worse seat locations than the locations they have been sitting in.

Many season ticket holders have held their seats for years or decades. For many of us, these locations were obtained by paying for season tickets and seat licensing fees over decades of unwavering support.

Many of us got to where we are through a series of small upgrades driven by constant loyalty and increased donation levels over time.

People are not going to be happy to be asked to sit 30 rows higher. Or two sections further from center court. Or asked to move from the lower level to the upper deck. IF SUAD thinks this would also be a good time to work in a major price increase, it will prove disastrous for season ticket sales.

So is there confirmation anywhere on what type of seating is being installed yet or any images?