JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues

I don’t see why they couldn’t bring the curtain back?
I loved the curtain. It just made the whole place feel homier.

If we brought it back, maybe we could.. [don't say it, don't say it] put thoughtful banners up on it.

IMG_3211.jpeg

Something like this?

The basketball layout in the rendering has me concerned that they will change the floor tiles surrounding the court to a much lighter color. That’s not a good look when you have a brightly lit basketball court. The dark blue currently serves as an appropriate contrast. maybe their thought is it will be too much blue if the seats go all blue, which is a rational take, but you have to consider that a) the focus is on the court and b) people will be in those seats so it won’t be as blue as it looks in the empty renderings.

Sigh. I’ve just come to expect that they will screw up some of these important decisions along the way. Less crushing disappointment that way.

The basketball layout in the rendering has me concerned that they will change the floor tiles surrounding the court to a much lighter color. That’s not a good look when you have a brightly lit basketball court. The dark blue currently serves as an appropriate contrast. maybe their thought is it will be too much blue if the seats go all blue, which is a rational take, but you have to consider that a) the focus is on the court and b) people will be in those seats so it won’t be as blue as it looks in the empty renderings.

Sigh. I’ve just come to expect that they will screw up some of these important decisions along the way. Less crushing disappointment that way.
While I understand your assuming mistakes being made, it’s a rendering. I wouldn’t put too much weight into it.

Agree on every count...but I believe the lighter background is thought to be better for TV. Yes, seriously.

I still don’t understand the geometry of the new seats in the 300’s. I have to man spread around the back of the dude in front of me to have room for me knees. I can’t figure out how they are going to work..

I still don’t understand the geometry of the new seats in the 300’s. I have to man spread around the back of the dude in front of me to have room for me knees. I can’t figure out how they are going to work..
Seriously. That entire upper level was seemingly built for a population where nobody is over 5’4.

The floor coloring is already gray. It’s no longer blue.

I think the plan is to wall mount the new seats. I expect they will be wider than the space each person gets now in the 300s (18 inches), but the seats are probably not going to be very deep.

Here is a visual.

IMG_0024.jpeg

I think the plan is to wall mount the new seats. I expect they will be wider than the space each person gets now in the 300s (18 inches), but the seats are probably not going to be very deep.

Here is a visual.

View attachment 229759
that's a ton of labor lol.

Here is a visual.

View attachment 229759
Thanks. First I’ve seen which makes sense. In fact, I think this is the only way. I saw a lot of flip down chairs which I could not make work in my mind.

I will say, they should have the students like, right up close, Pretty much on the court and there's plenty of rooms to do there from the way it. I have always seen the Carrier Dome, JMA between the first bleacher and the court so I think they could Do something with that and I don't think you need seats and students section.

I will say, they should have the students like, right up close, Pretty much on the court and there's plenty of rooms to do there from the way it. I have always seen the Carrier Dome, JMA between the first bleacher and the court so I think they could Do something with that and I don't think you need seats and students section.
If they ever do it, now is the time. That said, I don’t think the students are pursuing this. They like being behind a basket and are apparently happy where they are.

but the seats are probably not going to be very deep.

Here is a visual.

View attachment 229759
I hope we’ll still have the same depth that the benches currently provide. That pic has me preferring they don’t touch the 300s if the backrest comes at the expense of derrière surface area.

Here is a visual.

View attachment 229759
Those don’t look comfortable, that looks like hard plastic.

If they ever do it, now is the time. That said, I don’t think the students are pursuing this. They like being behind a basket and are apparently happy where they are.
I say put them right behind the opponent’s bench. The league already hates us. Let’s really lean into it.

That's right, the postage stamp replay boards were installed in summer 2003, that Cedric Ceballos Globetrotters exhibition was the first (maybe second?) game with no curtain.
Thought it came back for a few games after that?

I’m getting old. It’s difficult to remember the details from 20
years ago. I tied the blue curtain disappearance to
Gross getting hired.