JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues

Here is one of the images from that URL...

New Dome Seating.png

Sounds like they are leaning hard towards dark blue seats.

The URL says they are still determining seat sizing but it will differ depending on where you sit.

I suspect the seat width and seat features will get progressively worse as you get further from the field/court.

Looks like they are considering using padded seats, arm rests and cup holders.

View attachment 229657

The URL says they are still determining seat sizing but it will differ depending on where you sit.

I suspect the seat width and seat features will get progressively worse as you get further from the field/court.

I hope they consider some variations on the navy color scheme. Some alternating pattern that incorporates orange, or just a lighter shade of blue throughout. Afraid that dark blue will make the venue seem, well, too dark. Everyone is complaining about the silver, but large patches of dark blue will be just as noticeable.

I hope they consider some variations on the navy color scheme. Some alternating pattern that incorporates orange, or just a lighter shade of blue throughout. Afraid that dark blue will make the venue seem, well, too dark. Everyone is complaining about the silver, but large patches of dark blue will be just as noticeable.
The empty building does really look markedly different with dark blue seats instead of silver benches.

Thinking they will spell out CUSE on the upper level sides using white or orange seats. Lots of schools do that kind of thing.

Hope that happens.

View attachment 229657

JUST KEEP CAPACITY AT 44,000 or 44,044 or 44,440 or 44,444
Those are the only right answers.

Pretty sure it disappeared once Gross showed up during my time on the hill.
I believe it was when they put the first replay boards in the Dome. The view of the one above the end zone at the other side of the Dome would’ve been blocked for some people, by the curtain.

Now that we’ve got the center hung boards, I don’t see why they couldn’t bring the curtain back?

The empty building does really look markedly different with dark blue seats instead of silver benches.

Thinking they will spell out CUSE on the upper level sides using white or orange seats. Lots of schools do that kind of thing.

Hope that happens.
That was suggested by many...we'll see if they answer

They can. Those seats are great for football but not so much for basketball.

Hoping the quality of the basketball program can be quickly restored and hoping SUAD is smart enough to hold prices at current levels for basketball when the individual seats get installed.

I worry they will see this as a big improvement that fans will be happy to pay significantly more for.

No question, individual seats should make sitting at a game for a couple of hours a little more comfortable but SUAD needs to balance that with the fact that almost all season ticket holders are going to get significantly worse seat locations than the locations they have been sitting in.

Many season ticket holders have held their seats for years or decades. For many of us, these locations were obtained by paying for season tickets and seat licensing fees over decades of unwavering support.

Many of us got to where we are through a series of small upgrades driven by constant loyalty and increased donation levels over time.

People are not going to be happy to be asked to sit 30 rows higher. Or two sections further from center court. Or asked to move from the lower level to the upper deck. IF SUAD thinks this would also be a good time to work in a major price increase, it will prove disastrous for season ticket sales.
Could they/should they move the BB court closer to the 50 yd line under the hanging score board? Would that help or lead to more problems?

Could they/should they move the BB court closer to the 50 yd line under the hanging score board? Would that help or lead to more problems?

They aren't going to move the basketball court further away from the majority of the best seats.

I always wondered, during basketball season, if they could "build" a larger taller bleacher section which separates the court from the field turf (in front of where the blue curtain use to be). Adding a handful more of vertical of rows could provide more high quality seats. I believe each row is about 100 seats, so even a handful of rows could mean a nice chunk of change and capacity increase for the University. Maybe there is some structural/architectural issues that prevent this from happening, anyway, just something I always wondered about

I always wondered, during basketball season, if they could "build" a larger taller bleacher section which separates the court from the field turf (in front of where the blue curtain use to be). Adding a handful more of vertical of rows could provide more high quality seats. I believe each row is about 100 seats, so even a handful of rows could mean a nice chunk of change and capacity increase for the University. Maybe there is some structural/architectural issues that prevent this from happening, anyway, just something I always wondered about

The rollaway bleacher section still has to be able to move. Can't build anything too permanent.

Basketball shares the Dome with Football in November, and with LAX in Feb-March.

Ideally we get back to being a top program and will have 2 huge home games each year in which they use the entire dome. 35k? Hah!

I believe it was when they put the first replay boards in the Dome. The view of the one above the end zone at the other side of the Dome would’ve been blocked for some people, by the curtain.

Now that we’ve got the center hung boards, I don’t see why they couldn’t bring the curtain back?
Because it makes too much sense, they won’t do it.

It makes a lot of sense but I wonder if it would just redistribute the core of ticket holders and further expose the seating in the 300s.

Remember we’re hovering at around 17-18k STHs. The seats behind the baskets in the 300s become even less desirable if more attractive spots open up elsewhere. We would need XXL wide seats to justify this kind of a move economically.

Unfortunately this isn’t 1989 anymore.

Would that work with the center hung scoreboard being lowered to approximately where that curtain would be?

By the way, if you Google "Carrier Dome curtain" this is one of the first results that comes up, in case anyone needs a bathroom upgrade:

I wonder if the moveable section can be turned? So instead of having the court in the endzone, you put it on the 44 close to the sideline and have the moveable section perpendicular midfield. That adds a ton more sideline seats and upperdeck sideline seats, without being too far away.

Has to be better than hard benches though, at least. I’d imagine only premium seats would potentially have padded seats.
Not sure, certain seats bother me as I had carpal tunnel twice before (no surgery). If I sit in certain seats it bothers my arms, hands and neck. The benches never bothered me which is odd, and the orange cushions are super comfortable.

If they do go to hard seats I just hope we have the option to bring a padded cushion in.

Not sure, certain seats bother me as I had carpal tunnel twice before (no surgery). If I sit in certain seats it bothers my arms, hands and neck. The benches never bothered me which is odd, and the orange cushions are super comfortable.

If they do go to hard seats I just hope we have the option to bring a padded cushion in.
You’ll just have to stand like the rest of the true fans.

We could add a few hundred trapeze swings hanging from the roof for our more athletic and daring fans. No idea how they would get up or down though.
Getting down would be easy until you came to that sudden stop.

That's right, the postage stamp replay boards were installed in summer 2003, that Cedric Ceballos Globetrotters exhibition was the first (maybe second?) game with no curtain.

I think that the fire code only permits X number of people to exit onto the field level. More bleacher seating = more people on field level = no bueno.

Though the new fire evacuation plan that SU's built into this renovation looks pretty efficient, so I don't know if that standard might change.