Class of 2015 - JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI

If he bumps Thomas down to third string I'd give him some props. Thomas after all is the kid about 99% of the board thought would be a big LB for us.

If he bumps Thomas down to third string I'd give him some props. Thomas after all is the kid about 99% of the board thought would be a big LB for us.

One of the coaches from Collins Hill works out at my gym, he told me JT didn't even play football until his Junior year, before that he played soccer. He told me that when JT's head catches up to his athleticism he could be an All-ACC type player it is just a matter of getting the mental stuff down. There was a reason OU kept tabs on him.

But you're also happy to disregard and disparage him months before he has the opportunity to get on the field and make plays, correct?

I'm not the one who brought anything up about the kid. I'm just responding to the posts referring to me.

anomander said:
lol. Yea party time because JUCO MAY have cracked the 2 deep. You guys are great.

Well, be honest, you put a ginormous bullseye on yourself with the "waste of scholarship" and "this is one recruiting battle I hope we lose" nonsense.

If you make statements like that, and then can't handle the backlash when it appears you might be wrong...

Well, be honest, you put a ginormous bullseye on yourself with the "waste of scholarship" and "this is one recruiting battle I hope we lose" nonsense.

If you make statements like that, and then can't handle the backlash when it appears you might be wrong...

lol. How does it appear I may be wrong? The kid may or may not have made 2nd string? The kid will never start, and may or may not ever be 2nd string if you look at the guys who are younger that are ahead of him. If we are going to bring in a JUCO, I certainly would hope it would be because he can contribute his Junior year, and start his Senior year(and those are bare minimum expectations). So far all we have heard is he "potentially" could have passed Jonathan Thomas for 2nd string. So what. Let's wait and see what happens when the season starts before I start accepting any of the "backlash".

Last edited:
lol. How does it appear I may be wrong? The kid may or may not have made 2nd string? The kid will never start, and may or may not ever be 2nd string if you look at the guys who are younger that are ahead of him. If we are going to bring in a JUCO, I certainly would hope it would be because he can contribute his Junior year, and start his Senior year(and those are bare minimum expectations). So far all we have heard is he "potentially" could have passed Jonathan Thomas for 2nd string. So what. Let's wait and see what happens when the season starts before I start accepting any of the "backlash".
I dont know how much Taylor is going to contribute but when I saw his highlights I saw why the staff love him and how he will be utilized. I didnt look at his ranking or how many offers he had. I saw another athletic LB who can play the field and run in space and tackle. I figured his role would atleast be like Kirkland's. Sounds like he's making an early impression.

So by that criteria, to give any positive insights or praise it needs to be proven on the field. So, one would think for him to receive negative criticism the same fact would hold true, let him show it on the field first. But for you? Nope. Your contradiction game is on point. This thread is full of you blasting him.

I dont know how much Taylor is going to contribute but when I saw his highlights I saw why the staff love him and how he will be utilized. I didnt look at his ranking or how many offers he had. I saw another athletic LB who can play the field and run in space and tackle. I figured his role would atleast be like Kirkland's. Sounds like he's making an early impression.
If he ends up giving us as much as Kirkland did I will be pleased. Looks like he on the right track to do so.

Why are you asking people to wait and see if he's any good, when you refused to wait and see before labeling him a waste? It doesn't work both ways?
I think you just said what I said two posts above ;)

But I said it more recently, and we live in a "what have you done for me lately" kind of world.
oh-indeed-thumb-780x487.png

Why are you asking people to wait and see if he's any good, when you refused to wait and see before labeling him a waste? It doesn't work both ways?

Wait and see if he gets on the field.

I have to be honest guys a JUCO or Two gasp a year is probably good they provide much needed depth and experience making up for injuries and transfers, and only take up a scholarship for a couple years not threatening current recruits. If you can get a full class of talented freshmen great but most wont help current team needs in their freshman campaign

anomander said:

And when he gets on the field you'll say but wait til he makes a play, then wait til he impacts a game, wait till he wins a game, wait till he wins the Heisman.

He's cracked the two deep, he's not a wasted scholy...

anomander said:
Anomander, love you like a brother, but you've been served!

In ano defense, there are plenty of players that are practice players who are assignment sure and then players who then can't put it all together during a game because of many possible factors. Let's not crown this guy just yet, we shouldn't be happy with just making the 2 deep, he needs to actually do something before we know if it was a good pick up or not. Everyone has opionons, sometimes there right and sometimes there wrong, no one is ever perfect. Let's see what happens.

In ano defense, there are plenty of players that are practice players who are assignment sure and then players who then can't put it all together during a game because of many possible factors. Let's not crown this guy just yet, we shouldn't be happy with just making the 2 deep, he needs to actually do something before we know if it was a good pick up or not. Everyone has opionons, sometimes there right and sometimes there wrong, no one is ever perfect. Let's see what happens.
This isn't anything bad against you or Ano but the NFL is filled with guys who played JUCO ball or went to real small colleges. Some of them are even in the HOF. Now I don't think anyone is claiming this kid will be a 1st round draft pick but he must have something going for him. Let's see what the kid can do. However, the bottom line is that if he is a second teamer he is definitely going to get an opportunity to make a name for himself. Let's hope it's for all the right reasons.

But to go on offense against Amo, he was dead wrong, the kid cracked the two deep and clearly will contribute and he goes all Internet poster All-American by saying 1) NO, I'll believe it when I see it/you guys are idiots, then 2) disappears when he's wrong.

Look, he and all of us bleed orange. Just silly when people get all deeply dug in.

Ano you have a statement buddy? lol. Just messin with you. Your my man, and I understand you want to see him make impactful plays first but you have to admit the way you talked about him one would think he didnt deserve to be on the team. This is no different than the back up QB, RB, WR. He will be the starter if someone goes down. So yeah its kind of a big deal that he's on the 2 deep.