Class of 2015 - JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI

I think some are under estimating Mr. Taylor. Gonna take time to learn the scheme but I can see him making an impact like Kirkland's first season, maybe even better. If Bennett and Thomas struggles, watch out. Also think Henderson will push for time as a true freshman.

I think some are under estimating Mr. Taylor. Gonna take time to learn the scheme but I can see him making an impact like Kirkland's first season, maybe even better. If Bennett and Thomas struggles, watch out. Also think Henderson will push for time as a true freshman.

I think Henderson plays as a true Freshman as well. We should have a solid 2 deep at LB.
Bennett/Thomas Franklin/Arciniega (?)Vigille Hodge/Henderson

I think Henderson plays as a true Freshman as well. We should have a solid 2 deep at LB.

Wasn't Arciniega move to DE?

Yeah Arciniega is playing DE. Anomander, I wouldnt put Henderson before Taylor

Wasn't Arciniega move to DE?

Ya I know that's why I had the (?). Was thinking since Moskal left, and they needed him in a pinch maybe he could fill in if he hasn't got too big where he can't keep the lateral movement

So what are we expecting from Mr. Taylor this year? Special teams? 2 Deep? I honestly have no clue, but hope, sinc he was brought in through the JUCO ranks, that he'll be a contributor.

Im expecting special teams. I think he will be situational. He will be in some personnel packages.
I was told by the coaches...JUCO's only get offered if they think they can play a lot as a 2nd string or push for 1st string. He was a late guy...but I'm thinking they see him still as a quality depth guy.

I was told by the coaches...JUCO's only get offered if they think they can play a lot as a 2nd string or push for 1st string. He was a late guy...but I'm thinking they see him still as a quality depth guy.

And we need quality depth guys, especially with Moskal leaving.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...ball_depth_chart_projection.html#incart_river

LB: The starters are all but locked in at linebacker. The reserves, though, present an interesting and undetermined situation. Redshirt senior Oliver Vigille can play any of the three positions and should be expected to contribute in some fashion. The rest is yet to be worked out. Sophomore Jonathan Thomas has an edge on JUCO addition Ted Taylor based strictly on experience, but Taylor, as well as freshmen Troy Henderson and Shyheim Cullen (Will) have impressed early. Keep an eye on those three names moving forward.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...ball_depth_chart_projection.html#incart_river

LB: The starters are all but locked in at linebacker. The reserves, though, present an interesting and undetermined situation. Redshirt senior Oliver Vigille can play any of the three positions and should be expected to contribute in some fashion. The rest is yet to be worked out. Sophomore Jonathan Thomas has an edge on JUCO addition Ted Taylor based strictly on experience, but Taylor, as well as freshmen Troy Henderson and Shyheim Cullen (Will) have impressed early. Keep an eye on those three names moving forward.
Henderson brings a very little bit of big time history for the Orangemen fans of old . He is a cousin of Ernie Davis. I know exactly where I was when I heard about Ernie's death. I was playing my trumpet in our home in North Syracuse. I had to stop that because its hard to play anything when tears ae being shed It was one of those moments in life that stick with you forever. :(:(

What does Taylor have to do to make this a good sign in your opinion?

It is likely he has more of an impact with Syracuse then a guy like Womack.

Womack has high upside, but also has a low floor with potentially playing a position only 1 guy sees the field.

Again, I really don't think there is a difference with these post signing day signs. Taylor for me will be as much a contributor as Avant will be.

It is rare to find starter upside after signing day (yes, Bromley is an exception).
You're putting Womack into this conversation? The crazy stuff is all mine and you can't have it.

Yeah Arciniega is playing DE. Anomander, I wouldnt put Henderson before Taylor

One thing I noticed about Taylor is he super skinny. Even though he's a Junior, the rsFR, and true FR are all bigger then Taylor. He looked more like a safety then a LB honestly.

Interesting re-read of this thread and all of its strong comments now that Taylor may have cracked the two-deep and Zaire Franklin has called him one of the surprise players of pre-season camp.

Congratulation to Mr. Taylor on all of the hard work to this point in time. Hoping it translates on the field as it is looking like he's gonna be getting some meaningful snaps this season on the defensive side of the ball.

Interesting re-read of this thread and all of its strong comments now that Taylor may have cracked the two-deep and Zaire Franklin has called him one of the surprise players of pre-season camp.

Congratulation to Mr. Taylor on all of the hard work to this point in time. Hoping it translates on the field as it is looking like he's gonna be getting some meaningful snaps this season on the defensive side of the ball.

Remember, we shouldn't recruit under the radar JUCO's. He's a waste of a ship lol.

Last edited:
lol. Yea party time because JUCO MAY have cracked the 2 deep. You guys are great.