Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if we are talking the entirety of the season, Maliq was better. And I’m not so sure that a lot of Benny’s productive games, sans the last game, were in close games…
[limited experience, but... still]
in person, Maliq was more confident and made more plays. The team really appeared to respect him.
Benny pouted and was eating his shirt the majority of the time I was watching him.
(literally had his jersey or shirt in his mouth)

If Judah comes back, could you imagine how intense practice is going to be between the guards?

Just to add i really hope that next year outside of needing to play the 5 position based on opponent that there is nothing off the table. If you run 4 guards with two bigger guards because that's a lineup that helps you win.. then so be it. Put the 5 best on the floor for that particular game and get to work.

Just to add i really hope that next year outside of needing to play the 5 position based on opponent that there is nothing off the table. If you run 4 guards with two bigger guards because that's a lineup that helps you win.. then so be it. Put the 5 best on the floor for that particular game and get to work.
Absolutely, for years we've lacked flexibility. Hell, there were years when we didn't bother filling a roster with enough scholarship players to have a full scrimmage of scholarship players. That never made any sense to me. Now, we have a full roster and we have a very talented two-deep roster. As you said, Red should experiment with lineups from game to game, we have enough flexibility to do that.

If Judah comes back, could you imagine how intense practice is going to be between the guards?
Iron sharpens iron. I think it will very much be good for guys like Bell and Taylor who are our sharpshooters. They will need to learn how to get the ball in the air quicker with tighter defense being played. It will make them better which will be needed when defenses start to sag.

Absolutely, for years we've lacked flexibility. Hell, there were years when we didn't bother filling a roster with enough scholarship players to have a full scrimmage of scholarship players. That never made any sense to me. Now, we have a full roster and we have a very talented two-deep roster. As you said, Red should experiment with lineups from game to game, we have enough flexibility to do that.
It’s how he used to get away with playing 7 guys.

Iron sharpens iron. I think it will very much be good for guys like Bell and Taylor who are our sharpshooters. They will need to learn how to get the ball in the air quicker with tighter defense being played. It will make them better which will be needed when defenses start to sag.
I also think it will be good for Benny. Some posters remember him pouting, but I think it was just a way for him to vent frustrations. Wanting to make the most of the time you are getting on the floor and being watched under a microscope from a HOFer coach. Kid was having a hard time getting out of his own way. We saw him play well towards the end because I think in his head he didn't care, he was half out of the door from what I assume, and it allowed him to play without overthinking. If we have a bunch of players, then in practice he will become better.

I also think it will be good for Benny. Some posters remember him pouting, but I think it was just a way for him to vent frustrations. Wanting to make the most of the time you are getting on the floor and being watched under a microscope from a HOFer coach. Kid was having a hard time getting out of his own way. We saw him play well towards the end because I think in his head he didn't care, he was half out of the door from what I assume, and it allowed him to play without overthinking. If we have a bunch of players, then in practice he will become better.
I hope part of Benny's development may be hindered by him and JB personality wise didn't mix well, may be Red can bring him out.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

exactly. But personally, I am not optimistic. Happy to be wrong.
I get it ... this is one of those you cannot lose proclamations.
  • If Mintz applies for the Draft, ... "I told you so. Knew it the whole time. Why can't we have nice things? Because we are Syracuse and good things only happen to UNC and Duke."
  • If Judah returns to the program, "This is awesome. SU Hoops and Adrian Autry are on the rise." (LOL, no one remembers I was skeptical to the bitter end!)
Congrats on your bet hedge!

• If Mintz applies for the Draft, ... "I told you so. Knew it the whole time. Why can't we have nice things? Because we are Syracuse and good things only happen to UNC and Duke."
  • If Judah returns to the program, "This is awesome. SU Hoops and Adrian Autry are on the rise." (LOL, no one remembers I was skeptical to the bitter end!)
I really doubt llandz is in the camp of the type of person you are directing this post to. Red heel to you sir.

C’mon man, llandz doesn’t pull that crap.

1000 pct support Judah in his decision because it will be what he feels and knows in his heart is best.

I will also say as someone from very little money that worked starting at a young age on the farm and then had a job as soon as legal, I got mostly one amazing freshman year at SU before working a lot more the next 3 to the effect of getting that one year to be young and dumb... with that said I'd kill to have a couple more years of that as while dumb fun never stopped being part of life- not having to "adult" so quickly would have been great.

The move from school to NBA and likely a year of pure development is a massive and rapid graduation into that adulting world. One more year to get where you want and get another year as at least partly a young adult/kid... so much to be enjoyed with that if your situation allows it.

This is also known as the “reverse jinx” for fans who are superstitious.

1000 pct support Judah in his decision because it will be what he feels and knows in his heart is best.

I will also say as someone from very little money that worked starting at a young age on the farm and then had a job as soon as legal, I got mostly one amazing freshman year at SU before working a lot more the next 3 to the effect of getting that one year to be young and dumb... with that said I'd kill to have a couple more years of that as while dumb fun never stopped being part of life- not having to "adult" so quickly would have been great.

The move from school to NBA and likely a year of pure development is a massive and rapid graduation into that adulting world. One more year to get where you want and get another year as at least partly a young adult/kid... so much to be enjoyed with that if your situation allows it.
i played division 3 tennis and it consumed my freshman year...being starting PG on Syracuse is many orders of mangitude more intensive than even that...I get the sentiment...but if a basketball player wants to delay being an adult and be young and dumb...that's not really going to happen by being a starter for the Orange...

but just being a college kid on campus surrounded by thousands of people and a community who love you ...is nothing to scoff at...and something that is extremely hard to recreate outside of the college environment...NBA players get loved and adored but its much different...

so the essence of what you are saying is true but I disagree with the description of what a sophomore year might be like in terms of seriousness and workload...and "adultness" of it all

my worry for Judah if he did come back is if somehow the things he knows he needs to work on aren;t improving and he starts to press and gets frustrated...and it snowballs a bit on him. I dont think that would happen but it could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom