Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that long list of names - I don't see any likely 1st rounders. They are all kids with an NBA dream leaning to stay in the draft, believing they will defy the odds as a 2nd rounder or undrafted free agent and have an NBA career.

Also looking at the list of names that people are waiting for decisions from, Judah doesn't even make the top half-dozen names to lead off an article. Dude, you're unlikely to get drafted this year. If you go, which seems likely, good luck in the G League. It's always better for Cuse for our kids to make it rather than not.

So, I'll be rooting for him, but I think we'll actually be a better team if we can get Quinnerly over Judah. I think it will make for better chemistry. Judah will probably be all "hero ball" NBA audition next year, anyway. I might prefer a new mix like Autry has put together, where everyone has to earn it.

Surprised at this honestly. He was 55 before but didn't see anything that would have changed that based on the combine
Guys like Seth Lundy (Penn St) and Hunter Tyson (Clemson) had better combines which pushed Judah down. But guys that are projected late 2nd rounders / undrafted could come back to college so who knows

Also looking at the list of names that people are waiting for decisions from, Judah doesn't even make the top half-dozen names to lead off an article. Dude, you're unlikely to get drafted this year. If you go, which seems likely, good luck in the G League. It's always better for Cuse for our kids to make it rather than not.

So, I'll be rooting for him, but I think we'll actually be a better team if we can get Quinnerly over Judah. I think it will make for better chemistry. Judah will probably be all "hero ball" NBA audition next year, anyway. I might prefer a new mix like Autry has put together, where everyone has to earn it.
Making a big assumption that we can snag JQ in a NIL war.

These mean absolutely nothing in the decision making process fwiw

Oh I know. Purely speaking from a surface level. Just from a talking heads standpoint don't see where much would drive change in the editorial view.

Why wouldn't Quinnerly do the same? As for Judah, I don't think he will resort to hero ball. In the combine scrimmages, he played really well under control. I think he'll come back and do more of that as well as working to get a higher percentage from 3.

Quietly is almost 25 years old. Why do we assumed we'd be a player for him? I'm under the impression that whether Judah comes back or not, we're done recruiting new guys for the upcoming season

Quietly is almost 25 years old. Why do we assumed we'd be a player for him? I'm under the impression that whether Judah comes back or not, we're done recruiting new guys for the upcoming season

NJ kid, we offered, wouldn't impact future recruits and a last minute potential portal addition with Judahs decision coming today. So it was more of a plausible possibility all things considered. Additionally the top freshman pg left went to Louisville. Again it's all speculation based on those overlaps.

Why are you under that impression? They would have open schollys.

I wonder what Givony's hit rate is on his mocks
I looked back to 2021 and 2022, but 2021 was different in that the withdrawal date was like a week before the draft so you'd expect the mock to be more accurate that late in the cycle.

2021:
  • Correctly predicted 27 of the 30 first round picks (not nailing the spots/teams, but getting them in his first round)
  • Correctly predicted 21 of the 30 second round picks (and had 3 others in the 2nd round of his mock that ultimately went in the 1st round)
  • Biggest misses in each direction were that he had Jeremiah Robinson-Earl and Santi Aldama projected 58th and 55th respectively; they went 32nd and 30th in the real draft; and on the other end, he had Sharife Cooper #23 in his mock and he ultimately went 48th (I think most people had him in the first round at the time...that was a really shocking draft slide).
2022:
  • Correctly predicted 25 of the 30 first round picks
  • Correctly predicted 15 of the 28 second round picks (and had another 5 projected second rounders that ultimately went in the first round)
  • Biggest misses in each direction: had EJ Liddell going #23 in his mock; he ultimately went #41 (was another surprising slide for most people); had David Roddy projected 47th and he went 23rd.

Why are you under that impression? They would have open schollys.

I am also pretty sure if Judah doesn’t come back, we will get another guard - the question is is it someone like Quinerly who comes in right away and starts? Or is it someone more like Cuffe, who has a smaller role this year with an eye forwards the future.

My gut says it’s someone like Quinerly. Our backcourt is currently 2 sophomores who both missed time last year. Neither is a natural PG. If we lost Mintz, this teams ceiling will be severely limited without someone like JQ. Unless of course Cuffe is more ready than we think

I am also pretty sure if Judah doesn’t come back, we will get another guard - the question is is it someone like Quinerly who comes in right away and starts? Or is it someone more like Cuffe, who has a smaller role this year with an eye forwards the future.

My gut says it’s someone like Quinerly. Our backcourt is currently 2 sophomores who both missed time last year. Neither is a natural PG. If we lost Mintz, this teams ceiling will be severely limited without someone like JQ. Unless of course Cuffe is more ready than we think
Agreed. I can't see them heading into the season with 1 or 2 open spots (depending on Judah).

I looked back to 2021 and 2022, but 2021 was different in that the withdrawal date was like a week before the draft so you'd expect the mock to be more accurate that late in the cycle.

2021:
  • Correctly predicted 27 of the 30 first round picks (not nailing the spots/teams, but getting them in his first round)
  • Correctly predicted 21 of the 30 second round picks (and had 3 others in the 2nd round of his mock that ultimately went in the 1st round)
  • Biggest misses in each direction were that he had Jeremiah Robinson-Earl and Santi Aldama projected 58th and 55th respectively; they went 32nd and 30th in the real draft; and on the other end, he had Sharife Cooper #23 in his mock and he ultimately went 48th (I think most people had him in the first round at the time...that was a really shocking draft slide).
2022:
  • Correctly predicted 25 of the 30 first round picks
  • Correctly predicted 15 of the 28 second round picks (and had another 5 projected second rounders that ultimately went in the first round)
  • Biggest misses in each direction: had EJ Liddell going #23 in his mock; he ultimately went #41 (was another surprising slide for most people); had David Roddy projected 47th and he went 23rd.

You are a scholar and a gentleman sir. Appreciate you digging that up! Goes to show just how wild the second round truly is.

I’m not really understanding what Mintz is thinking - it’s clear that he his unlikely to get get drafted at all - why don’t we all enter the draft and see how it goes?

Would he make more money in the GLeague or at Cuse?

Judah's IG story feels very, in the words of the board, "he gone"

These kids enjoy using social media in unique ways so no idea what it means. We won't be waiting much longer

Well there is an NIL deal not being taken if Judah goes. Knowing this would be a competitive offer for him to not hit the portal- it's there and certainly I'm sure attractive for a 5th year guy if that guy hits the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom