Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

Hmmmm. So, which statement is true?

James Naismith is alive and living in Vermont, where he has become an avid Syracuse fan and had a son while over 100 years of age.

Or

We have a ghost who posts regularly on the board, mostly about basketball.
Mostly about basketball? You clearly haven’t seen my work on the OT board.

My reaction if Judah leaves to go to another college team:

Someone had DM’d Judah about the Gtown rumor… i still think he’s gone but maybe not to Gtown
IMG_3798.jpg

We have no center. We have no forwards who can do more than one thing well. We have the worst rebounding frontcourt I have ever seen. Brown was out of position at center and our other PF candidates were dismissed or injured. We have two starters who are beyond pathetic at defense. We have a starter who was supposed to be a shooter but hasn't made a jumper since 2023. Judah being just an all ACC talent instead of a first round NBA pick type talent is so far down the list of problems with this team. He is so far down the list of reasons why we lost yesterday. People acting like this season is proof that Judah can only take you so far is insanity to me. It's like the supporting cast is not even a factor for some people.
Total insanity. If Judah didn't " Hog" the ball we don't win 15 games. Kid carried us on his back all year. Surround him with Freeman, Bell, JJ, Brown and this is a different team. Yes one player Freeman will make everyone else exponentially better. We had nobody at the forward position. Bell is a catch and shoot player, Benny wasn't a threat. Taylor was a non factor actually a negative on O as other teams didn't even cover him.
Freeman changes everything. He has to be guarded. He can score inside and out. He will open up shots for everyone else.
Judah will miraculously become a better distributor.

Freeman changes everything. He has to be guarded. He can score inside and out. He will open up shots for everyone else.
so is Freeman a Brandon Miller type forward? 18-19 ppg?
I’m just not sure Mintz is willing to go from 18ppg to 12ppg for the “better of the team.”
ie are we like Alabama last year? Who would be our 7-footer (please don’t say McLeod)? Sears went from 12 to 21ppg AFTER Miller left. And the team declined.

Total insanity. If Judah didn't " Hog" the ball we don't win 15 games. Kid carried us on his back all year. Surround him with Freeman, Bell, JJ, Brown and this is a different team. Yes one player Freeman will make everyone else exponentially better. We had nobody at the forward position. Bell is a catch and shoot player, Benny wasn't a threat. Taylor was a non factor actually a negative on O as other teams didn't even cover him.
I would be very, very, surprised if JM was here next year. I think it would have been more likely for QC to return than JM.

I would be very, very, surprised if JM was here next year. I think it would have been more likely for QC to return than JM.
Im sure that is the case and Judah does have his flaws. I wish that Benny had panned out as i would have liked to see Judahs game if he had a better supporting cast. For about half the year we only really had him.
Looking back on the season getting to 20 wins is impressive

Im sure that is the case and Judah does have his flaws. I wish that Benny had panned out as i would have liked to see Judahs game if he had a better supporting cast. For about half the year we only really had him.
Benny wasn't a "better supporting cast." He had a few games and moments in his time at SU, but he never was the top tier talent so many were convinced he was.

Lay off the drugs. Benny was a Matt Moyer level player at best.

Lay off the drugs. Benny was a Matt Moyer level player at best.
Diminishing returns you could catch him on the right night and get some high end plays when he checked in but the mistakes would pile up. Too many off nights.

Still brought something we lacked. And now we’re in the same place we were 3 years ago when we pencilled in Benny to replace QG.

I’d love another year of Judah sign me up if we can keep him.

Diminishing returns you could catch him on the right night and get some high end plays when he checked in but the mistakes would pile up. Too many off nights.

Still brought something we lacked. And now we’re in the same place we were 3 years ago when we pencilled in Benny to replace QG.

I’d love another year of Judah sign me up if we can keep him.
Name me a memorable performance. His best game was last year in a blowout against Pitt. Even Moyer had an impact game against UConn in the garden.

Name me a memorable performance. His best game was last year in a blowout against Pitt. Even Moyer had an impact game against UConn in the garden.
But he had some great highlight reel dunks and blocks in between firing those jumpshots into the front of the rim and getting lost on defense!

What’s strange is that 247’s transfer portal site doesn’t include QC. Maybe I’m missing something (or they are) but I don’t see him listed as an entry from SU.

What’s strange is that 247’s transfer portal site doesn’t include QC. Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t see him listed as an entry from SU.
Yeah, but the paperwork sometimes work slowly. I don't think he will be back. But I would put the odds higher than JM

Yeah, but the paperwork sometimes work slowly. I don't think he will be back. But I would put the odds higher than JM
Is this a John bol ajak entering the portal? He is just feeling it out and might be back?

Funny how fans describe our team as “we” and here Judah speaks only of himself. Maybe it’s just how kids are these days but it’s telling.

In fairness he was responding to an individual private message that was asking specifically about his personal plans so I think the “I” here is appropriate and not indicating anything more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom