Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so here is the thing. We are a couple days removed and watching this play out and seeing what is and isn't said.

Kadary leaving is negative for him too. It also is possible there is a reason his list may be a little different than expected beyond fit and other players.

When a player who was a key cog on a team leaves and has not a thank you or anything to say, it doesn't exactly give a coach scanning the portal the warm fuzzies. A kid who doesn't mean to come across selfish but in an interview sounds selfish can hurt their stock.

I'm sure I will get peppered for this and that is fine but the loss goes both ways and I think it was a missed opportunity for Kadary to showcase himself as a leader. He is a PG after all. A kid of his talent wants the keys to the offense.

As I said I wish him the best and this loss hurts. I fear it is going to be tougher on the young man as well.

Ok so here is the thing. We are a couple days removed and watching this play out and seeing what is and isn't said.

Kadary leaving is negative for him too. It also is possible there is a reason his list may be a little different than expected beyond fit and other players.

When a player who was a key cog on a team leaves and has not a thank you or anything to say, it doesn't exactly give a coach scanning the portal the warm fuzzies. A kid who doesn't mean to come across selfish but in an interview sounds selfish can hurt their stock.

I'm sure I will get peppered for this and that is fine but the loss goes both ways and I think it was a missed opportunity for Kadary to showcase himself as a leader. He is a PG after all. A kid of his talent wants the keys to the offense.

As I said I wish him the best and this loss hurts. I fear it is going to be tougher on the young man as well.
I think you nailed it. He didn’t do himself any favors with that interview for The Athletic. Coaches will do their due diligence and that includes talking with JB and ADJW.

I agree...it wasn't a good look for him and almost every single one of these kids entering the portal put something out thanking their coach and the staff as well as the fans. Even if it's the thing everyone does, at least they do it and show some respect for the guys who took a chance on them and spent all year helping them out. Good pointing it out! Starting to think this was inevitable no matter what JB did or said. Time to move on.

nah, I think this is absolute possibility. I don’t agree that this was the place for him to be, but his selection is crucial for him. If it’s the wrong choice, he won’t come back from it

If it’s UConn...shut it down. It being the internet.

I wouldn’t bet against FSU here but OKST is in it
How is FSU a fit? He's not getting over 30 mpg there - no one did last year. They have at least 3 guards coming back who had over 14 mpg's each.

He'd probably be coming off the bench, lucky to play over 20 mpg. And he wouldn't have total freedom.

I'm starting to get the feeling he didn't think this out so well.

How is FSU a fit? He's not getting over 30 mpg there - no one did last year. They have at least 3 guards coming back who had over 14 mpg's each.

He'd probably be coming off the bench, lucky to play over 20 mpg. And he wouldn't have total freedom.

I'm starting to get the feeling he didn't think this out so well.
And everybody on that team is like some big strapping athlete who play physical ball.

Yep. While disappointed and frustrated all the same I am looking forward to hopefully getting Swider and any others along with maybe having Woody and Frank shock the world and stay.
Doesn't Swider block the Junior Jimmy? Did i miss news on that front?
I'm imagining a scenario where the staff is talking to JB about getting Swider, and they've arranged for a zoom, and JB's like... "yeah, um, i'm kinda busy at... what time is that call?"

Doesn't Swider block the Junior Jimmy? Did i miss news on that front?
I'm imagining a scenario where the staff is talking to JB about getting Swider, and they've arranged for a zoom, and JB's like... "yeah, um, i'm kinda busy at... what time is that call?"

I don't think so. Swider plays outside Jimmy more inside.

That's still a pretty weak list of teams.

Very poor list. If he’s an otherworldly talent that list is very different. He might have been looking at Kentucky but they took a hard pass. Ok State and Seton Hall will promise hime 35 minutes but those are not step up programs. FSU played no one more than 28 this year and won’t promise him more than that. Kids make mistakes!

Cuse

I don't think so. Swider plays outside Jimmy more inside.
Oh. I thought Jimmy was a pretty standard 3-4 player. I just remember that 3 he hit against us from his dad's corner.

But, ooof—i shudder to think of how slow and 'unexplosive' we would be with a roster of JGIII, Buddy, Swider, and Jimbo.

Oh. I thought Jimmy was a pretty standard 3-4 player. I just remember that 3 he hit against us from his dad's corner.

But, ooof—i shudder to think of how slow and 'unexplosive' we would be with a roster of JGIII, Buddy, Swider, and Jimbo.
You gotta figure Benny, Woody if he stays, and Symir give us some breakdown players. But you gotta bring in Swider- he's a hell of a sniper and Nova fans' biggest gripe with him was his lack of footspeed in man-to-man. Put him in the back of the zone, and you have a better shooter then Bras, though not as athletic. After that we need another guard and a banger in the backline, IMO.

You gotta figure Benny, Woody if he stays, and Symir give us some breakdown players. But you gotta bring in Swider- he's a hell of a sniper and Nova fans' biggest gripe with him was his lack of footspeed in man-to-man. Put him in the back of the zone, and you have a better shooter then Bras, though not as athletic. After that we need another guard and a banger in the backline, IMO.
Swider is a good player.
He would give us 2 quality starting forwards.

I think he would be our second leading scorer next year.

It’s good we got Terrance to replace Kadary. So we got atleast depth in the backcourt.

i agree kadary is making a mistake

Got a thought out of the blue. Hamilton never wanted Kadary, he just wanted him to leave Syracuse because he knew he couldn't beat Syracuse with Richmond on the team. Kid gotted played.

Got a thought out of the blue. Hamilton never wanted Kadary, he just wanted him to leave Syracuse because he knew he couldn't beat Syracuse with Richmond on the team. Kid gotted played.
That's a stretch we didn't even play them this year.

Then Hamilton broke two rules. Breaking Covid protocols and tampering.
The word was that tampering was unabated at the bubble. It was probably done, if done, thru back channels.

I'll respectfully disagree.

I think people will know the situation and will welcome him. if there are 10 teams listed publically, that means there are much more that will never get noted.

Teams want to win, he helps them. He was in a bad spot here. He didn't throw a fit, he played through injury, his net rating and his meaningful stats for efficiency and quality are leaps and bounds better than the dude ahead of him. JB trashed him in the media. No one that matters is going to look down upon his choice.

Sure, it's change, but we're a stepping stone for these kids that can make the NBA. He's just taking the next step.

JB messed this up. No one's perfect, but this one is bad.

Kadary will be much better positioned at his next stop.

Hamilton is the last coach I would play for. Plays too many guys and their offense is a roller coaster due to drop off when he subs. Kadary would never see 25 minutes a game there and he would share the guard spot with one or two others. Would not be a smart move for Kadary.

Swider is a good player.
He would give us 2 quality starting forwards.

I think he would be our second leading scorer next year.

It’s good we got Terrance to replace Kadary. So we got atleast depth in the backcourt.

I think Swider would be behind both Buddy and Benny in scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom