Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

Isn't he a PF and likely a long shot? I will take any dude who can shut it down in the zone.
Places I've looked see him as a C. And while there's a long list for Diallo he doesn't seem to be favoring anyone yet. And he's a NY kid so why wouldn't we have a good shot?

Places I've looked see him as a C. And while there's a long list for Diallo he doesn't seem to be favoring anyone yet. And he's a NY kid so why wouldn't we have a good shot?
money bags

Do you think he might commit early and the staff doesn't want a Whitehead commit to jeopardize that?

I always thought if Whitehead came here that would make it a lot harder to land Richardson. With Whitehead out of the picture IMO, the classes are staggered real nice to pick up a stud sg in 2015. And the ironic part is Whitehead probably ends up at IU which diminishes their chances at getting Malachi and their the main comp

money bags
That's possible of course. But speaking of 2014... would much rather have Whitehead starting, or at worst playing a lot of minutes, than goodluck behind DC2, Rak, and Obokoh. Or save the scholly for 15 to get as many of Diallo, Briscoe, Jones, and Richardson as we can pull.

I always thought if Whitehead came here that would make it a lot harder to land Richardson. With Whitehead out of the picture IMO, the classes are staggered real nice to pick up a stud sg in 2015. And the ironic part is Whitehead probably ends up at IU which diminishes their chances at getting Malachi and their the main comp
IW is not a 1 and doner?

I agree with him. Lets get Diallo in 15, not a guy that could be our 4th C in 14.
Exactly! Goodluck is a 6' 8" center with no offensive game. He has a reputation for blocking shots but his name is not Nerlens Noel. Don't we have a center who had a reputation as being the best shot blocker in his class but didn't have an offensive game? He's been identified as the most likely top rated player to struggle at the college level and that is based on a poll taken of college coaches.

Pass on him. When the '15 and '16 kids see whats happening with the Cuse program going forward into the ACC, some of the best players are going to be like low hanging fruit for the staff. Keep the scholie and use it for a BBD. (Bigger, Better, Deal)

That's possible of course. But speaking of 2014... would much rather have Whitehead starting, or at worst playing a lot of minutes, than goodluck behind DC2, Rak, and Obokoh. Or save the scholly for 15 to get as many of Diallo, Briscoe, Jones, and Richardson as we can pull.
I'm cool with storing it... but if the staff says we need some luck... i'm GOOD with it.

you see what i did there?

boom.

I'm cool with storing it... but if the staff says we need some luck... i'm GOOD with it.

you see what i did there?

boom.
I agree... I trust JB and staff so if they suddenly jump at Goodluck I'll get on board. Just as of now, you ask me what I WANT? 1. Whitehead 2. Save scholly for 2015. Then WAY down the list 3. Goodluck

I agree... I trust JB and staff so if they suddenly jump at Goodluck I'll get on board. Just as of now, you ask me what I WANT? 1. Whitehead 2. Save scholly for 2015. Then WAY down the list 3. Goodluck
i feel that. but in reality shelfing makes the most sense. We are super stacked everywhere next year.

i feel that. but in reality shelfing makes the most sense. We are super stacked everywhere next year.
Could very well be. Lots of viarables we can't know. Is Whitehead def a 1 and done guy? Would someone like Cooney decide screw it and transfer? What does the staff think of our odds with Briscoe and/or Richardson? That's why I say if we go hard after Whitehead I'll be happy because the staff thinks he's worth it. And I'll be happy if they close up shop and move onto 2015. Only way I wont be happy is if we go hard after him and he goes elsewhere.

We aren't getting Whitehead.

I don't doubt you have the scoop from insiders. Just curious why, given the amount of time spent recruiting IW and the number of times JB personally went to see him, why would the staff not take him if he wanted SU? Seems to fit a need for a scorer at the off guard who can create offense rather than the catch-and-shoot types on the roster.

Jake, Frances and all the other recruiting experts on the board really did an excellent job covering Joseph's recruitment. So many times a commitment "seems" to come out of nowhere even though I am sure that is never the case. This time it felt like we knew everything that was happening.

My ranking of Joseph as a recruit is a 6. Which on my scale means he is not elite but fits Syracuse's system perfectly. In this case we have Ennis who is, by most standards, an elite point guard recruit. However he is not overly athletic and if there is a worry it is that he will struggle against quick defenders who can pressure him. Joseph is quick, and an excellent ball handler. He will excel against quick defenders who pressure him, so Syracuse has taken what might be a weakness this year and made it a strength for next year.

Joseph will never be relied on to carry the team, all he will need to do are the things he does best, and that is the ideal situation for any player.

Also, I've seen a lot of posters here saying they don't want Goodluck, which I think is crazy. Sure, he may not make a huge impact in his freshmen year, but you recruit big men for how you think they will play further down the line. As a junior and senior Goodluck can be a shot blocking force, and put simply, shot blockers in the middle of the zone make Syracuse a much more difficult team to beat, even if that shot blocker can't score at all.

In my opinion Syracuse should bring in the best center they can just about every year, because it takes centers a few years to adjust to the college game and if one of our bigs does not pan out (or blows up unexpectedly and goes pro, or gets injured) you really can't recruit another last minute because of how long it takes them to develop. You need a center already waiting his turn in line before the current center leaves. I think Coleman will be great for us in the next few years, but if that is not the case, an unproven Chinoso is not enough to have in reserve.

I think some folks here may be misinterpreting Jake's declaration of no IW. I took it to mean that SU was done at the position for that class, not that IW wasn't going to pick SU. I think they showed interest to the end in case KJ decided not to commit. It seems there was one spot left and KJ got it. They got their 1st choice and probably have no interest in other guards for '14. Just my take...

I am also in the take Goodluck camp! I think he is another guy who fits our system very well and we would have enough infront of him that he would get to learn for a season before we needed him in any sort if bug role.

Excellent news on Joseph but really this is just confirmation of what we have known for a long time. It was between SU, Prov and WVU at the end . . . . . . . . . yep pretty much might as well say its SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom