Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

You are a little off on my reaction today, this has been fairly obvious for a few days now. Anyway congrats on KJ and best of luck in the ACC. I'll come back if we end up going head to head for a recruit in the future or ever see each other on the court again. Adios.

a few days? this was over before it started

KJ getting rave reviews...here is Scout's latest on him...from Dave Telep (changes made to be allowed):

"Kaleb Joseph (Nashua, N.H./Cushing Academy) is headed to Syracuse and the implication of his commitment is simple: Joseph is a good player and Syracuse coveted him.

The New Hampshire native will sign with his dream school. Last year, the Orange recruitedTyler Ennis to be their big gun at the point. Ennis will be in school a few years and is cut from the scoring point guard mold. Joseph is more of a natural floor leader, a get-in-the-paint-and-pass-it type of lead guard.
Pos Rk Stars Grade Hometown
85 Nashua, NH
” said Vin Pastore, Joseph's AAU coach with the Mass Rivals. “They perceive him down the line to be a point guard, a pass-first guy. He’s a pass-first guy and that’s Kaleb. Plus, Kaleb’s personality allows him not to have to play 30 minutes to be pleased. Everybody wants to play, but he won’t be a negative if his minutes aren’t 30. They recognize his character.”

What you have is a good player and smart kid fulfilling his dream. He fits the program. Nobody recognized that more than Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim.

You probably haven’t heard the Orange mentioned with many point guards in the 2014 class. They’re on ESPN 100 shooting guard Isaiah Whitehead, and while he prefers having the ball in his hands, he’s not a point. Syracuse was all in for Joseph, making him a priority long before AAU season hit full swing.

Jim Boeheim recruited Scott Hazelton, Noah Vonleh, Evan Smotrycz from me. I have never seen the guy show up at as many games for a guy as he did for Kaleb. He got to see him at every place and that said a lot. They had a crew at all his games but he showed up three different times [in July].”

"On the court, the Orange added a point guard with speed. Joseph can get places. ” This is a player who will grow into a bigger role every year in the program. While many of his Class of 2014 peers are in a rush and will forget to unpack their bags, Joseph won’t." 'Cuse got a top 100 player with a 100% good character rating...a true point guard...and that is going to be special!

It's Good to be 'Cuse!!!--The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

Literally refreshed my Twitter feed every two minutes this afternoon to get this news. Proudly did a fist pump and yelled "Yes!" when I saw it. Congratulations everyone!

ScrubsDanceParty.gif

Joseph has been target #1 from the get go. Fits the program profile. He's been a heavy lean for a significant time as many here have alluded to.

Staff played this very well assuring us of either Joseph, Whitehead or Newton. We got our #1..but the other two are very very good scorers. We wanted a distributor.

Joseph has been target #1 from the get go. Fits the program profile. He's been a heavy lean for a significant time as many here have alluded to.

Staff played this very well assuring us of either Joseph, Whitehead or Newton. We got our #1..but the other two are very very good scorers. We wanted a distributor.
That's why I don't think Joseph means we cant get Whitehead. Wouldn't play the same role.

Still think there's a shot there to land Whitehead. The road in Bloomington to a starting spot isn't a given for Whitehead. They're bringing in a highly touted 2 in Stanford Robinson and they have a highly regarded '14 2 in Robert Johnson visiting next weekend. If Johnson pops on the visit, this may make things complicated (although, you know what happened to Buss Patterson). Gotta believe UCLA would become the frontrunner as it looks like they have a wide open spot.

Saw on twitter we recently offered. Pass first PG. Really really like what I see. Duke also on him. New Hampshire kid.

A tad flashy, great vision, decent shot for a PG. if you watch him on YouTube, you'll see he has what I call the "Pearl crossover"- its a one handed crossover. Never thought I'd ever see a kid with that move again.

Lots to like here.
It's always interesting to go back to early posts to see what the thought process is. This one was stamped with "In Jake we trust".

I don't see why another guard would commit to SU with four guards and one or two more guard/wing players who may or may not get significant minutes at the two. If BJ blows up playing guard and really blossoms over the next year, IW would be SOL. At some point it may become harmful to the program to just have all these players (top 100 at that) just sitting around.

I don't see why another guard would commit to SU with four guards and one or two more guard/wing players who may or may not get significant minutes at the two. If BJ blows up playing guard and really blossoms over the next year, IW would be SOL. At some point it may become harmful to the program to just have all these players (top 100 at that) just sitting around.
This is where I'm going to trust JB and the staff. If we're still all in on Whitehead then they think he's the kind of talent that could come in for a year or two, start over what we have, and help get us a NC. If they got the guy they wanted and back off... then I trust they don't think he's that guy. So only way I'd be bummed about Whitehead is if we still are all out for him and don't get him.

are we getting goodluck?
Would think theres less reason for Goodluck than Whitehead. If DC2, Rak, and Obokoh already there and a guy we like more in Diallo in 15 available I can't imagine him coming. Whitehead would have a chance to start in 14 possibly.

There's work to be done, but we are right there.

Outside of IW and Goodluck, who else is the staff targeting? I know Jaylen Johnson got mentioned. If IW is truly out, that means 100% attention to Goodluck - scary for everyone else.

We aren't getting Whitehead.
Jeez Jake, come on! crushing the hopes and dreams of countless non-reality based Cuse fans across the Nation! Don't you realize there is a large contingent of people who will be convinced that Whitehead is still in play until they actually see otherwise in print someplace and I suspect they might also be holding on to the hope that Wiggins may de-commit and choose to wear Orange as well. Such a buzz kill!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom