Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

While he may not be "elite," I absolutely LOVE what I've seen in his highlight clips. The guy is full of energy, and you can really see it whenever he jams one home. His flashiness and swagger are great too. Kind of reminds me of Flynn. He'll be so much fun to watch next year. On top of that, there was a video posted earlier in this thread (by keithcusefan79 on page 27) that I watched for the first time last night, and it's made clear as day from it that Kaleb has a great attitude. He's not all about getting his, and he understands just how hard he has to work to take full advantage of his potential. He's got an awesome work ethic (gotta love the part where he talks about focusing on going hard to the rim at the END of his workouts to work on his mental toughness and be able to "bang you at the end of the game" even though he's tired) and understands that he didn't get to where he is today on simply raw talent alone. He got there because of all the work he's put into fulfilling a long-time dream. You can't help but smile at the part where it says that Kaleb's motto is "Thou shalt not whine." Have to take comfort in that since he most likely will be playing behind a sophomore Ennis. Just can't seem to say enough about Joseph's character. He seems well-spoken to boot! I really think he's going to be a crowd favorite!

While he may not be "elite," I absolutely LOVE what I've seen in his highlight clips. The guy is full of energy, and you can really see it whenever he jams one home. His flashiness and swagger are great too. Kind of reminds me of Flynn. He'll be so much fun to watch next year. On top of that, there was a video posted earlier in this thread (by keithcusefan79 on page 27) that I watched for the first time last night, and it's made clear as day from it that Kaleb has a great attitude. He's not all about getting his, and he understands just how hard he has to work to take full advantage of his potential. He's got an awesome work ethic (gotta love the part where he talks about focusing on going hard to the rim at the END of his workouts to work on his mental toughness and be able to "bang you at the end of the game" even though he's tired) and understands that he didn't get to where he is today on simply raw talent alone. He got there because of all the work he's put into fulfilling a long-time dream. You can't help but smile at the part where it says that Kaleb's motto is "Thou shalt not whine." Have to take comfort in that since he most likely will be playing behind a sophomore Ennis. Just can't seem to say enough about Joseph's character. He seems well-spoken to boot! I really think he's going to be a crowd favorite!

I think he is more elite than given credit...imo.

He reminds me of this guy:
sherm.jpg

More talented physically, IMO- but that on-court tenacious demeanor makes him special.

"My visit to Syracuse was a lot of fun" explained the explosive 6-foot-2 point guard. "I got to know Coach Boeheim, and the whole team went over to his house for dinner. I really liked how family oriented they were. My parents liked it too, they liked seeing the Carrier Dome, it's huge. What really sold me though was when I got to see the team practice. Their style of play is built around the guards, and I could see there is a real need for me on the team."

http://www.nhnotebook.com/2013/08/joseph-commits-to-syracuse.html

Man, I REALLY REALLY like this kid.
His work ethic and perspective seems very old school- none of that prima donna nonsense.
I'm hoping he turns out to be the real deal, and I think he is.

"My visit to Syracuse was a lot of fun" explained the explosive 6-foot-2 point guard.

Hmm. I have a sense that the rumor mill will have him at least 3 inches taller by the time he gets on campus.

Hmm. I have a sense that the rumor mill will have him at least 3 inches taller by the time he gets on campus.

He just needs to hang out near Jerami Grant and he'll be 7'5" by the time he hits campus.

Yep. Heck look at the practice videos, Ennis is no taller than Gerry but is listed as 6'2 or 6'3 everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom