Kansas Game Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas Game Thread...

I mean we are losing the reason we typically lose by which is offense.
I didn’t expect to win this game.
It just disappointing to see we have no sets we can go to and get a bucket.
We should have plays on offense.
We don’t.

We have one play. A pick and roll. And it’s caused more turnovers than points. If the refs call everything this closely all year, that play won’t work...

Washington has been fine in that he hasn’t screwed up.

With Howard on the bench, we need someone to get in the lane and put the ball in the hole.

Geno was struggling, but he’s a 5th year guy who averaged 15 ppg. Would anyone have been shocked if he scored 6 or 7 or something in extended run there?

Against Kansas from what I saw. Yes, I would be shocked.

Why are people bringing up Thorpe???

Washington has been fine. What would Thorpe be doing?

Not saying it would make a difference if we had Thorpe but Washington's defense has been bad. As soon as Frank went out of game that's when Graham started getting space up top to launch some 3s.

I'm not all that impressed by Kansas.

We're playing poorly. The officiating isn't helping. You can see it's making us tentative.

Agreed. This game ain’t over. Make some jumpers and the whole outlook changes.

Reminds me of the Virginia tourney game. They are making some deep 3s

We have one play. A pick and roll. And it’s caused more turnovers than points. If the refs call everything this closely all year, that play won’t work...

Also with the centers slowly rolling (and missing dunks or not catching passes) and the opponents doubling the dribbler

Our defense has been pretty good. We just can't score because we're too limited on offense. Against this level team, only Brissett and Battle can score. The other guys can't do anything. Kansas has realized that.

Not saying it would make a difference if we had Thorpe but Washington's defense has been bad. As soon as Frank went out of game that's when Graham started getting space up top to launch some 3s.

Graham hitting those 3s is NOT all on washington. Battle has given him plenty of space numerous times. Everyone has given him plenty of space. Even when he's way out they have to play up on him because he can make those deep 3s consistently.

Battle having an off shooting game hurting. Has missed 3-4 open jump shots. Chukwu's missed dunk and grab the rim T was a 6 point swing that broke the game open. What a spaz move. How do you miss a dunk at 7'2?

Embarrassing on offense. Did Lydon teach Brissett how to dribble? Refs are garbage. So many whistles. Flow is horrible

Eh, you have to move the ball better, screen better, cut more, drive by guys, etc. to beat a team like this. We don’t have the kind of one on one players needed this year
I disagree. Battle and OB are great one on one players. They can't go to 2 on 5 though with Frank in foul trouble, especially when Battle is playing terribly.

Not what I saw.

That technical on chukwu is still astoundingly terrible. That should result in a penalty for that ref.
Grab the rim is one of the dumbest rules in college basketball. A relic from the 60's. It should be changed.

Can't beat quality teams without legit lead guard play. As well as FH has performed so far this season, he had a horrible first half, hopefully, it's just that and not signs of things to come when he faces stiffer guard competition as he has today. Bringing the ball over the time line and just dribbling in place well above the key is not effective. He hasn't been able to show that he can take his defender off the dribble and drive, and until he demonstrates he can, Kansas will shut down our stagnant offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom