Kansas Game Thread... | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas Game Thread...

Not terrible considering our offense most of the game...showed fight and Graham single handedly killed us. I like this team but we are young and going to take some punches but I think we are going to learn a lot from this game and get better as the year progresses. Battle had a off night even with 20.

It's worse than that. If you are just inside that circle, they call it a charge.
I agree. Keep in mind where this team was just 4 weeks ago. That second d-2 team we played, we were down by 17.

At no point during the game did I feel we were not in the same class athletically or physically vs Kansas . They actually won the game by shooting threes

We out rebounded them ..including more offensive boards

Got to the line a lot more than they did

Just a matter of shot making .. . And more specifically we have to put the brakes on Brisstte and his outside shots .. he needs to drive , drive , drive

They actually won the game by shooting threes[/QUOTE]
well that and all those alley oops.

I’m not sure Chuwuku knows how to play basketball...
Clueless (you are, apparently).
Obv that missed dunk in the 1st half (you could also say the one in the 2nd half too, but that was a tough finish) was bad - but he acquitted himself pretty well and actually made Azabuki invisible.
He rebounds very well, generally has good hands and even started knocking down some FTs tonight

Before the season it was 11-2. I will still settle for that. We have some sand traps ahead of us. might it in to one. I can live with 11-2.

I hear you, but I think this team plays to hard to lose to an inferior team. We need to wax UConn on Tuesday.

I was pretty encouraged by his performance. Active on D & the boards, including a couple tap-outs to save possessions that won't show in the box score (Marek is giving us 2-3 of these every night as well). He'll only get better on O as he gets more comfortable & works on his footwork. I've said it a few times but, IMO, a 6th year for him would be HUGE. There's quite a bit of potential left to be tapped.

Hope you are right.
I think his footwork and court awareness are sub-par for a D-1 player.
Not to mention that he is 7’ 2” and can barely dunk. Just putting his hands up on D when the ball rotates to the top of the zone would be an improvement.
Sidibe is allot more serviceable at the 5 IMO...

Obv that missed dunk in the 1st half (you could also say the one in the 2nd half too, but that was a tough finish) was bad - but he acquitted himself pretty well and actually made Azabuki invisible.
He rebounds very well, generally has good hands and even started knocking down some FTs tonight

Yep I thought our centers played decent. Let's be honest, offensively no one played good for us but they way everyone talked the beginning of the year was that bigs from power 5 schools were going to eat us alive. They didn't even remotely come close to eating is alive inside besides the occasional backdoor oop that tends to happen when you play zone. But for the most part our interior defense has been solid. I'll take that all year long but we have to get guys to contribute more on the offensive end. One positive was chukwu making a few from the line...he will get more comfortable to more games he plays.

Not clueless at all.
Go watch the tape.
Difference between him and Sid at the 5 was night and day.

Chukwu might have solved his foul line mental funk today. He looked ok after he made a couple. That’s a good sign. OB has to learn to play in the flow of the game. He gets anxious when he doesn’t get shots. JB needs to get him looks in the paint without having to dribble. I wish they would run the box to box screen for OB, like they did for Carmelo. Melo made a killing with that simple play. If nothing else, he would shoot a ton of foul shots. I liked their fight today. Graham bailed them out several times today after we played pretty good defense. Their lob dunks eventually took us out of the game. Kansas doesn’t high low, but high dunk.

Not clueless at all.
Go watch the tape.
Difference between him and Sid at the 5 was night and day.
"doesn't know how to play basketball" = clueless. He rebounds better than Sidibe and is comparable defensively - not to mention Sidibe's knee issue

At no point during the game did I feel we were not in the same class athletically or physically vs Kansas . They actually won the game by shooting threes

We out rebounded them ..including more offensive boards

Got to the line a lot more than they did

Just a matter of shot making .. . And more specifically we have to put the brakes on Brisstte and his outside shots .. he needs to drive , drive , drive

I agree with most of this. But, did you see the Vick one handed tomahawk? Physically we have too many thin guys like Marek and Sidibe who can’t handle any contact. Love the effort for rebounding. Looks like that will be a constant and help us out since the offense could be rough all year. I think the zone hinders Kansas’ athleticism. Hypothetically if SU played M2M then, mano e mano, that Kansas athleticism and physicality advantage would show more, IMO. I like most of the pieces we have when reinforcements come next year.

glad to see bubbles sink a few free throws.

4490295287_7ef8db5789_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom