Kansas Game Thread... | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas Game Thread...

have you watched all of the games? He is a terrific passer. The game will slow down for him
Yea, he had one good game against a zone where he passed well. 1 game out of 7 doesn't make me super excited, especially when his PF counterpart is completely useless.

Hard to say about “fine” but there will be some very tough and talented teams we will play. If our 3 point defense/awareness doesn’t get better quickly then we certainly won’t be “fine.” It is still a plodding offense.

As you can see so far our defense is going to require teams to make tough shots and a good amount of 3s to beat us. I'm not so sure one tough outing vs a very good Kansas team takes away any of the positive signs.

If there was one guy who we could have back from last year's team that would fit in with this team sooooo well it would be Lydon.

Any semi decent shooter would be gold on this team. PF is a blackhole right now.

If you stand there, jump straight up and try to block a shot and the offensive player leaps into you, it’s a foul.

If you stand there holding your balls like a puss or undercut someone in the same scenario, it’s a charge.

Great game this sport has become. Thanks refs and coaches. Way to reward the right things. Tools.

Concur. It's tremendously sad.

The mental part of the game is the surprising part. Breakdowns, not knowing where he is supposed to be/what to do. You can make up for lack of athleticism with these other intangibles.

Not discouraged at all by this game. Too young & inexperienced for this big of a game this early. Yet, if this team keeps scrapping and playing with the passion they given thus far this season, we'll be in position to be where we need to be come crunch time. Like this team's makeup. LGO!

If you stand there, jump straight up and try to block a shot and the offensive player leaps into you, it’s a foul.

If you stand there holding your balls like a puss or undercut someone in the same scenario, it’s a charge.

Great game this sport has become. Thanks refs and coaches. Way to reward the right things. Tools.
It's worse than that. If you are just inside that circle, they call it a charge.

He gets rebounds and he keeps balls alive for others to get rebounds. He is okay. Not a weakness. The other guy, sorry to say offers nothing.
I'm just of the opinion that you have to have a stretch four in basketball now. If you don't, your offense will struggle.

Love Chukwu/Sidibe, think Battle is a stud and Howard conpletes a very good backcourt - OB could be a star by the end of the year. However, you can't have zero offense from your 4 spot if your Centers play around the basket. The result will usually be a challenged offensive team.

Not discouraged at all by this game. Too young & inexperienced for this big of a game this early. Yet, if this team keeps scrapping and playing with the passion they given thus far this season, we'll be in position to be where we need to be come crunch time. Like this team's makeup. LGO!
I agree. Keep in mind where this team was just 4 weeks ago. That second d-2 team we played, we were down by 17.

I'm just of the opinion that you have to have a stretch four in basketball now. If you don't, your offense will struggle.

Love Chukwu/Sidibe, think Battle/Howard is a very good backcourt and OB could be a star by the end of the year. However, you can't have zero offense from your 4 spot if your Centers play around the basket. The result will usually be a challenged offensive team.
Oh, I don't disagree. I wish we had Bazley right now. We don't. Marek will give us some things that will make up for his other failings. We aren't an elite team and we aren't going to a elite team. but we are a fun team to watch. And we are much better than we thought we would be.

I’m not sure Chuwuku knows how to play basketball...
I was pretty encouraged by his performance. Active on D & the boards, including a couple tap-outs to save possessions that won't show in the box score (Marek is giving us 2-3 of these every night as well). He'll only get better on O as he gets more comfortable & works on his footwork. I've said it a few times but, IMO, a 6th year for him would be HUGE. There's quite a bit of potential left to be tapped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom