Last 2 games | Syracusefan.com

Last 2 games

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Nice to go 2-0 with two totally different games, good and bad.

Won vs ND with everyone generally playing good and the team playing great. Won today with everyone generally playing not so good and the team having a bad game. But we won both. Enjoy this little run.

VT now becomes the biggest game of the year.

Good game today for Coleman, average good game for Gbinije, better game for Howard. Defense was good, except for usual problems against inside play.
Maybe your bad game means Cooney & Lydon weren't as good?

MSOrange said:
I'm just wondering who will spend more time on the court - Brian Gregory seemed to be giving Buzz a run for his money today.

He should have gotten a T one time when right in front of a ref he ran on the court, grabbed one of his players and shoved him towards the other side of the court to where he was supposed to be.

SoBristol said:
Good game today for Coleman, average good game for Gbinije, better game for Howard. Defense was good, except for usual problems against inside play. Maybe your bad game means Cooney & Lydon weren't as good?

Other than Howard and Coleman for a bit, I didn't think anyone had a particularly good game overall. Some played better than others. But that's why I also said generally. The difference in quality of play between Thursday and today was night and day.

Good game today for Coleman, average good game for Gbinije, better game for Howard. Defense was good, except for usual problems against inside play.
This is precisely why the team is so much better than last year. You mentioned 5 guys. Last year if Rak was stifled or TC was off, we were toast. This year, any number of guys can step up

This is precisely why the team is so much better than last year. You mentioned 5 guys. Last year if Rak was stifled or TC was off, we were toast. This year, any number of guys can step up

We only go 6 deep (and Howard), but I agree with your point that we have good balance. Our three perimeter guys all present some problems for the defense, and they move the ball well among themselves. Still, we need Cooney to convert his chances, or we have to eke out games like today.

We only go 6 deep (and Howard), but I agree with your point that we have good balance. Our three perimeter guys all present some problems for the defense, and they move the ball well among themselves. Still, we need Cooney to convert his chances, or we have to eke out games like today.

Yup, definitely nice to have a few more threats than we've had in a bit but Cooney is a huge part of our being a legitimately 'good' team as opposed to a competitive but not particularly good team. It's tough b/c he's streaky. But I love pulling out a win in an ugly game, which I think was the crux of Bees' earlier post. I always feel when JB has a team that's not overwhelmingly talented (and we've had a run of those teams up until last season), the key is how well they finish out tough games where not everything goes according to plan. Obviously had major problems with that earlier in the season but this was a good example of game that wasn't pretty, not a ton of shots were falling and yet they muscled through and got a W in a game they needed to have. I'll take it.

It was harder to score today because GT plays defense and ND doesn't. It was a grinder kind of game. Both defenses forced the other team to struggle and that's why it wasn't pretty. The officiating was dreadful. The only good thing about them is that they got the crowd into the game.

Nice to go 2-0 with two totally different games, good and bad.

Won vs ND with everyone generally playing good and the team playing great. Won today with everyone generally playing not so good and the team having a bad game. But we won both. Enjoy this little run.

VT now becomes the biggest game of the year.
here comes the clown show
caption-buzz-williams-marquettejpg-4bfcf74b0cc80672.jpg

orangehomer said:
here comes the clown show

I know the guy is nuts and another one of those coaches that live in the court, but I think he does a great job. I wonder how good his teams would be if he was at a top notch school where he could bring in better talent every year. I think he's a good coach and it'll be a tough game.

I know the guy is nuts and another one of those coaches that live in the court, but I think he does a great job. I wonder how good his teams would be if he was at a top notch school where he could bring in better talent every year. I think he's a good coach and it'll be a tough game.
I'm not faulting the guy, his teams play hard as hell and he wins with mediocre talent. but he is still a clown.

Agreed. Buzz annoys the hell out of me but he's a great coach. His teams play really hard and he's a big analytics guy (strong focus on paint touches, etc.). VaTech will be a pain in the butt as long as he's there.

Mali was awful for about 38 minutes.

I'm not faulting the guy, his teams play hard as hell and he wins with mediocre talent. but he is still a clown.

It's his fault for taking a worse job. He had a good gig at Marquette with private jets flying him wherever he wanted. He could have waited another year or 2 to get a better job or he could have just stayed, Marquette is a legit job. Va tech made no sense at the time and still doesn't.

It's his fault for taking a worse job. He had a good gig at Marquette with private jets flying him wherever he wanted. He could have waited another year or 2 to get a better job or he could have just stayed, Marquette is a legit job. Va tech made no sense at the time and still doesn't.
Better conference maybe?

And by the way, I was being serious... He supposedly had private jets on call 24/7 at Marquette.

I sat on a flight with Boeheim and Darryl Gross. Both were sitting COACH!

imo, the most overlooked thing about this game is the amount of times we got it up to 5-6 points and couldn't get a little breakaway.
Must have been 7-8 times and I know tech hit a few hard shots on a few of those.

Tech shot 37.5 percent we shot 42% we were only 57% from the line and we drove inside drew fouls all night, but it seemed to take forever to hit the bonus. I hate games like this where you never hit the bonus in the first, then hit it late in the second and miss all your one and ones. Goes to show how important foul shots are on some nights.

imo, the most overlooked thing about this game is the amount of times we got it up to 5-6 points and couldn't get a little breakaway.
Must have been 7-8 times and I know tech hit a few hard shots on a few of those.

Tech shot 37.5 percent we shot 42% we were only 57% from the line and we drove inside drew fouls all night, but it seemed to take forever to hit the bonus. I hate games like this where you never hit the bonus in the first, then hit it late in the second and miss all your one and ones. Goes to show how important foul shots are on some nights.
I can't think of any times we were up by 4 or more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom