Last time we had a true freshman PG | Syracusefan.com

Last time we had a true freshman PG

2-3zone

2nd String
we missed the NCAA tourney

Next year Ennis will be in control of the team

No we had a great season. Brandon started at the pg spot as a frosh.

not counting brandon- that team was loaded

Why can we not count Brandon? And how do we know as of right now that next years team won't be "loaded?"

If we are talking Flynn we also lost Andy and Devo which made that the most inexperienced Cuse team I can recall and they were basically a blown game against Pitt away from making the tourney.

A soph Paul had the most PT of anyone who played during the BE schedule that season.

Next year will be much more like Brandon's freshman year except no real backup pg on the bench like Scoop. I think if CJ is back we are pretty loaded.

And we didn't miss the NCAAs because of Jonny.

And I think we'll be loaded next year, too.

OK, how about "last time our only point guard was a true freshman"?

Triche situation was a little different - Scoop and Andy could both play the point and Brandon ended up being marginalized down the stretch.

Next year is more comparable to 1997 or 2008. I don't doubt, however, that Keita and maybe Fair will provide better leadership than Burgan/Cipolla/Hill in '97 or [haha, that's funny - we had no leaders that season] in '08. Ennis just needs to be a game manager and decent defender.

Why can we not count Brandon? And how do we know as of right now that next years team won't be "loaded?"

Please we must never credit Brandon ever.

Jonny Flynn isn't why we missed the tournament, and we were an improbable and completely flukey 4-12 SEC Georgia team winning 4 games in 3 days from getting the last at-large berth. As long as C.J. Fair returns this team is a preseason top 25. That 2008 team struggled defensively and I don't think with the length of Ennis 6-4, Gbinjie 6-7, C.J. Fair 6-8, Rak 6-9, Coleman 6-10, we should struggle as much. Ennis looks like a solid player he won't have to do as much as Jonny Flynn did as well because I believe 2008 was the year Devo tore his ACL in November/December so our depth was in less. 2007 was the year Rautins I believe was out due to his injury in Vegas in August.

Devo tore his ACL in November/December so our depth was in less. 2007 was the year Rautins I believe was out due to his injury in Vegas in August.

Both Devo and Andy were out the 2007-2008 season. Andy missed the entire year, and Devo missed about 2/3rds of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom