LAX Pick'em: Week 6 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Pick'em: Week 6

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Fqx_v16X0AEhJ86

Fqx_wAqXgAAYNjP

Georgetown is the lock of the week. They win by at least 8.

Slim Pickins. Hopefully there will be more teams added before Saturday.

Georgetown is the lock of the week. They win by at least 8.
I don't know about that.

It is interesting that some of the lines are integer valued this week - so one could have ties

Towson +10.5 on UVA. Devious line selection from Vegas. Not sure how I feel about it. Towson has looked rough down the stretch but 11 goals is a lot of goals, especially if uva runs with some bench guys late. Are a mid week game and some injuries for uva enough to take Towson on this one?

I don't know about that.

It is interesting that some of the lines are integer valued this week - so one could have ties

Richmond hasn't looked good against top teams. Even tho Georgetown has lost a few games they are very talented. They finally won last week but there just to talented and explosive on offense for Richmond. I think now that Georgetown got that W they will be much better. Tucker unfortunately was holding back the offense the first few games but last game others like McDermott got involved which he is to good not to be. Tucker even had an assist last game. Haha

As for Tucker he needs to play midfield. He's just a straight scorer he cant have the ball in his stick most of the game. He's an incredible player but u can't have a one man show in lacrosse and win. He's gonna play midfield in the PLL which he will be a scoring machine I think. He's so good so u want him at attack and on the field all game but it hurts the rest of the offense. I get it if u don't have a lot of talent but Georgetown has so much talent that they would be better with him at midfield and just scoring goals.

14-6 YTD

Georgetown -5 vs. Richmond
Loyola +3.5 vs. Duke
UNC -3 vs. Brown
SU -1.5 vs. Hop (I don't feel real good about this one)

Richmond hasn't looked good against top teams. Even tho Georgetown has lost a few games they are very talented. They finally won last week but there just to talented and explosive on offense for Richmond. I think now that Georgetown got that W they will be much better. Tucker unfortunately was holding back the offense the first few games but last game others like McDermott got involved which he is to good not to be. Tucker even had an assist last game. Haha
How is averaging 10 goals per game explosive on offense?

How is it that an unranked team is favored over a 10th ranked team? Just asking.

12-8 YTD

I'm predicting a bad week for the BIG.

Cornell -3 vs. Penn State
Harvard -2.5 vs. Michigan
Notre Dame -4.5 vs. Ohio State
Syracuse -1.5 vs. Johns Hopkins

They don't have Maryland at Albany or Princeton at Rutgers on the list yet.

How is averaging 10 goals per game explosive on offense?

Well if you think Georgetown will not put it together that's ur opinion but that offense has so much talent on it and can be very explosive. They have avg 10 goals a game because they haven't figured out how to get everyone involved yet. They started to last week vs Princeton and should keep getting better. I bet they put up over 15 goals on Richmond this week. I see 18 - 8 kind of game. It's just my opinion so we shall find out. My lock of the week is Georgetown. I already put some nice cash down on them.

13-7 for the year

N Dame -4.5
Gtown -5
Syracuse -1.5
Penn -2

Last edited:
Drexel might be able to keep that game with St Joes close. Justin Joseph is a solid Fogo and battled with Cole twice last yr for LIU. Cole won more obviously but he was very close to 50% and might have even been at 50. I was hoping SU picked up Joseph in the portal which I was saying back then just to mix it up with Richuisa. Joseph is a senior but didn't play much his first two yrs due to weight issues. He then hit the gym and turned into a brick house. Last yr finished around 53% but battled some good FOGOs in the NEC with Zach Cole, Jacob Alexander from Bryant who is real tough and actually got the better of Petey Lasalla in the NCAA tournament in 2021. Then Adam Shea from Hobart. I felt like Joseph could improve more this yr and would have been perfect with Richuisa. He's not as good as these ACC Fogos but he's strong and scrappy. He would have SU close to 50% I bet. Should have grabbed him this yr then next yr he would be gone and u add Spallina's brother. Would have been nice having a veteran FOGO about now with how the last few games have gone. Oh well anyway I like Drexel getting pts just because Joseph will battle with Cole. St Joes has some nasty shooters so they still might cover but worth a shot taking the pts.

Loyola +3.5 vs Duke
OSU +4.5 vs ND
PSU +3 vs Cornell
Rutgers -1.5 vs Princeton

Loyola +3.5 vs Duke
OSU +4.5 vs ND
PSU +3 vs Cornell
Rutgers -1.5 vs Princeton

We are on a complete different page this week. Lol I like the opposite of you except for Rutgers. I'm no gambling guru so I could be all wrong. Good luck tho I only put money on Georgetown and ND so don't care to much about the others. Hopefully I'm wrong and u win. Lol

We are on a complete different page this week. Lol I like the opposite of you except for Rutgers. I'm no gambling guru so I could be all wrong. Good luck tho I only put money on Georgetown and ND so don't care to much about the others. Hopefully I'm wrong and u win. Lol
My first 3 picks are on the road, so I could pay for it, but I do get some compensation in spread. To me, OSU vs ND seems like a defensive, low-scoring game and 4.5 seems like a lot in that game.
My memory is that Rutgers tends to play poorly against Princeton, so I am not too strong on that pick.

14-6 YTD

Georgetown -5 vs. Richmond
Loyola +3.5 vs. Duke
UNC -3 vs. Brown
SU -1.5 vs. Hop (I don't feel real good about this one)
Loyalty has its risks.

6-14 ytd

Army -6.5 v Lafayette
Cornell -3 v Penn State
Notre Dame -4.5 v Ohio State
Penn -2 v Villanova

8-8 YTD

Loyola +3.5 vs dook
Cornell -3 vs psu
Harvard -2.5 vs Michigan
Penn -2 vs 'Nova

Forum statistics