Class of 2016 - LB Kenneth Ruff (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Kenneth Ruff (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Yeah, Shy and JT are definitely OLB types. Shy is going to be at the 225-230 range, which is kind of amazing since in recent years, that would make him one of the heavier linebackers on the team. However, he'll absolutely be best used on the outside thanks to his speed. He's one of the fastest guys on the defensive side of the ball on the team.
Let's not forget his pops used to say that he loves putting some licks on opposing QB's.

Not to get ahead of myself, but remember when people were saying how this years recruiting class would be ruined by making a coaching change? Who knows how it will ultimately unfold, but just by the interest we have received I will confidently say that has been anything but the case.

tumblr_nj6mxgNn7m1r0rcgvo1_500.gif

Well that was faster than expected

Hope so, jek. Finally, this would give us the size at Mike we need. Love Zaire, but always felt we needed more size there. I know it is ridiculous to speculate at this point, but Ruff to Mike, Zaire to Sam, Bennett to Will...Alice to the moon. That would be interesting. In any case, I really like what Ruff brings to the table.

Weren't we just saying he's a 3 star? Who has him ranked as a 4 star?

Not that it matters, dude has NFL size/speed thumping ability.

Love that today we might get more than one of these...
I'm pretty sure he was rated as a 4-star kid last fall/this spring, and was bumped down for whatever reason.

So I'm not sure how the heck this flew so far under the radar, but Stephen Bailey snuck into his article about Chris Beatty that Kenneth Ruff, a 6-1, 240 3-star LB from Fort Lauderdale, took an official visit to Syracuse yesterday. Go to the end of this article:

Beatty was his primary recruiter to UVA.

And now committed!

Great job by Coach Nick!