Class of 2016 - LB Kenneth Ruff (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Kenneth Ruff (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

This was so needed. When Marrone came in he saw the defense chasing and instantly had Shafer go after the fastest guys he could get. Shafer stuck with that but never adjusted and now there's a defense full of fast but small guys.

We needed size! We got it!

I'm pretty sure he was rated as a 4-star kid last fall/this spring, and was bumped down for whatever reason.
Jeke

Need to get the title of your post edited from Virginia to Syracuse now :)

I've been hoping for an infusion of new and upgraded talent with the new staff-this definitely qualifies.

That dude looks like a line backer nice grab by the new coaches

Please keep him at linebacker, please keep him at linebacker, please keep him at linebacker ... I want to see some p5 sized athletes running around.

Every time I see all 200 lbs of Jonathan Thomas out there i say to myself, "he was a CB soccer player in HS. He was offered by programs like Oklahoma. Why not groom him to play SS safety and move Cordy back to FS so we have some decent size in the backfield?"

We thought the last staff was good at getting kids to commit before they left campus. This staff gets kids to commit before the official visit even begins

Definitely a different type of backer than we have recruited over the last 8 years. He's big, strong, and certainly very physical. I have some concerns about his mobility at the LB position at the next level. He has pretty decent straight line speed, but his agility is going to need improvement. I could definitely see him as a DE at the next level. If not, he is probably a 2 down LB here. I'm not sure his speed is where it needs to be to take that skinny post out in the Tampa 2.

It was meant to be, since he wears #58
I'm startin' to really really like this guy!
indian-thriller-o.gif

Definitely a different type of backer than we have recruited over the last 8 years. He's big, strong, and certainly very physical. I have some concerns about his mobility at the LB position at the next level. He has pretty decent straight line speed, but his agility is going to need improvement. I could definitely see him as a DE at the next level. If not, he is probably a 2 down LB here. I'm not sure his speed is where it needs to be to take that skinny post out in the Tampa 2.

Interested to see how he does in our new S&C program. Everything I've read says flexibility and mobility are just as important or more important than one rep maxes.

January enrollee class is looking strong with Moe, Culpepper and now Ruff. Hope we can add the Purdue commit to the group who is visiting next weekend.

This is exhibit A as to why people flipping out about losing the recruiting class if Shafer was fired were off base. This is a huge pickup and the staff is clearly in it with multiple other high end kids. This hire was an absolute homerun.