Lehigh and Cornell games canceled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lehigh and Cornell games canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the tournament? How about a winning season? We needed these two likely W’s.
1 - Games are postponed not canceled.
2 - Who the heck knows what will happen with this group . Throwing in the towel a tad early aren’t you ?

If several players tested positive, and we know several have already had it, and everyone’s vaxxed, hopefully the team will have high immunity and there aren’t many more bumps in the road. Losing games against Cornell and Lehigh on December isn’t the end of the world.

Okay people, let’s use this break wisely. I’m going to tell my wife nothing about the cancellations. I’ll just tell her I’d rather spend the time with her as a Christmas gift
Mate GIF by The Panthers

The spike comes right after Thanksgiving.

Every kid on every college campus went home for the holidays, now everyone's "unclean".

:(

JB hinted at this last night per SWCs write up.

“We could find out on Thursday that 4 guys can’t play in a Saturday game”

Can’t believe this is happening. Possible ending of college basketball again?

Can’t believe this is happening. Possible ending of college basketball again?
We’re slowly reverting back to early 2020 over a variant that’s proven to be far weaker than anything else we’ve seen so far. The Habs are playing in front of an empty arena again, EPL may be shut down until mid-January, college hoops games getting cancelled left and right. It’s so discouraging.

If your following the daily reports, it’s going to get a lot worse before it plateaus again . Get your booster ! I’ll add this is not meant to be political in any way shape or form.

Yup… I’d also add get your cardio up, take a multivitamin and an extra C/D/Zinc supplement. No idea why this isn’t shouted from the rooftops by the CDC.

Unbelievable this is happening again. It seems like we'll never get back to normal times.

We’re slowly reverting back to early 2020 over a variant that’s proven to be far weaker than anything else we’ve seen so far. The Habs are playing in front of an empty arena again, EPL may be shut down until mid-January, college hoops games getting cancelled left and right. It’s so discouraging.

No doubt, it sucks.

And somehow seems fitting for how this season has unfolded thus far.

So much for the tournament? How about a winning season? We needed these two likely W’s.
Potential wins against Cornell and Lehigh wouldn’t do much for our tournament hopes. The only thing this does is make it harder to keep the winning season streak alive.

Unbelievable this is happening again. It seems like we'll never get back to normal times.

We won’t until we accept people will get covid and treat it like we do the flu/cold.

I understand why we don’t. I have my own personal views that probably differ from many here, but I get it.

However, this is life until that happens.

Sports are simply a reflection of society.

If there are any positives it’s that this variant seems to sweep in really quickly which may mean it will peak much faster then Delta. Plus they think (inconclusively ) that it may be less deadly then Delta. That’s my hope anyways, I know we’re all fing tired of it.

One of the pro leagues will eventually say vaccinated positives with no symptoms can play. I'm guessing the NFL soon. Once that happens the SEC will be next and then everyone will follow suit.
I think the NFL already did this earlier this week. Need the NBA and others to adopt the same policy and agreed - others should follow.

1 - Games are postponed not canceled.
2 - Who the heck knows what will happen with this group . Throwing in the towel a tad early aren’t you ?
Not at all. Just venting. This would be a really crappy way for JB’s consecutive winning season streak to end. Could they still pull it off? Sure, but it just got that much harder.

Far weaker is a strong phrase, it has proven to be weaker, but far weaker is a stretch.

Last edited:
I get it that it's several players and you still need to field a team but there needs to be a better plan to handle this and all activities. I propose they isolate the positive individuals and then test to play everyone else. It's working for the school system.

I get it that it's several players and you still need to field a team but there needs to be a better plan to handle this and all activities. I propose they isolate the positive individuals and then test to play everyone else. It's working for the school system.

That’s what they do.

That’s what they do.

I thought the whole teams were being shut down due to exposure. If not then my bad...just think at this point we need to stop quarantining healthy uninfected people and just test daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom