LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

Barring an immediate reversal by the University, something which likely has no chance of happening short of some massive unprecedented level of pressure by boosters and others, Allen is never playing another down at Syracuse.

If Allen sticks it out ie the lawsuit, it's likely this ends like Devo's and Deleone Carters with SU coming up with some abridged punishment. All hell is gonna break lose tomorrow morning at the AD and Chancellors office.

What does university policy say? Sorry if I am missing that.

UP is sometimes REALLY strange and boarderline/illegal. I've listened to upper administrators literally argue with university counsel trying to get things passed that the lawyers told them were flat out illegal.

If Allen sticks it out ie the lawsuit, it's likely this ends like Devo's and Deleone Carters with SU coming up with some abridged punishment. All hell is gonna break lose tomorrow morning at the AD and Chancellors office.
Now, hopefully there is enough of an uproar to make them re-evaluate the punishment. But, if they do reduce the punishment, they have to figure out how to do it and not look like they caved to the pressure. It's incredible that someone thought that this was an appropriate punishment to begin with.

Barring an immediate reversal by the University, something which likely has no chance of happening short of some massive unprecedented level of pressure by boosters and others, Allen is never playing another down at Syracuse.
Losing a dude with NFL potential for what? Bunch of losers trying to ruin a kid’s future.

Chit like this, rivalry home game moved to Yankee Stadium… would never change a thing but makes me mad at myself for revolving my falls around this sometimes.

Now, hopefully there is enough of an uproar to make them re-evaluate the punishment. But, if they do reduce the punishment, they have to figure out how to do it and not look like they caved to the pressure. It's incredible that someone thought that this was an appropriate punishment to begin with.

I don't blame the AD's office but if there isn't a lot more to this story things are going to get real messy real quick for Syracuse and the Chancellors office whose gonna take the heat. SU is gonna scramble to resolve this before it gets into full blown litigation.

I don't blame the AD's office but if there isn't a lost more to this story things are going to get real messy real quick for Syracuse and the Chancellors office whose gonna take the heat. SU is gonna scramble to resolve this before it gets into full blown litigation.
I have to think that there's something else going on here.

Unless I am missing something (as in a previous incident) this is a massively excessive punishment from the school. The he said she said about him hitting a girl.. is that what SU is focused on? I mean the kid is taking responsibility despite it being both parties at fault and committing to do as asked.

If there is a prior incident or issue and this is strike 2 or 3 then that's a different matter but two semesters for a fight? Ummmmm

Allen was charged with violating sections #1 and #3, per Emily Leiker at the PS

FzmLhJDXgAAUQE2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom