LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

I don't blame the AD's office but if there isn't a lot more to this story things are going to get real messy real quick for Syracuse and the Chancellors office whose gonna take the heat. SU is gonna scramble to resolve this before it gets into full blown litigation.
So is this a step closer to Syracuse University giving up on D1 athletics? Now or when players are paid, which I don't believe Syverud will ever do.

So is this a step closer to Syracuse University giving up on D1 athletics? Now or when players are paid, which I don't believe Syverud will ever do.
We aren't giving up D-1 athletics. Kent will hit the road before anyone listens to him if that was what he wanted to do. And I don't believe that is what he wants to do.

Was LeQuint the only person charged? Maybe things did not happen the way he is explaining.

It sounds like it did.

Going on repeat here but unless the school is trying to establish something more aligned with zero tolerance and trying to make a point there has to be another incident or victims in this. If it's truly the former- just pathetic.

The article said he had a formal hearing with the university April 22 and says lawsuit claims the hearing board concluded Allen “escalated the situation rather than de-escalating it” and found that a two-semester suspension was appropriate.

Allen’s appeal was denied.

It’s difficult to draw accurate conclusions from a lawsuit and even more difficult from an article reporting on a lawsuit.

I do think Dino not booting him is something to consider though.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

The article said he had a formal hearing with the university April 22 and says lawsuit claims the hearing board concluded Allen “escalated the situation rather than de-escalating it” and found that a two-semester suspension was appropriate.

When a dude punches you in the face twice, anything but walking away would be “escalating” the situation. But, if the university prides itself in shaping young men and future leaders, then punching the man back is more than justified.

Also says he came to the aid of a teammate. Got a feeling there’s gonna be some players speaking up on this. And I’m sure they all know the situation too and they aren’t standing up for something that is wrong and out of line

Based on that it sounds like defending yourself is being termed "escalating.". If true a judge could possibly call the University on the carpet and tell them they can't consider self defense escalation. Not a lawyer but I slept with one once.

Also says he came to the aid of a teammate. Got a feeling there’s gonna be some players speaking up on this. And I’m sure they all know the situation too and they aren’t standing up for something that is wrong and out of line
Yep we have great young men in this program, we have had almost no off the field issues with any Dino recruit. He wouldn’t stand for something worthy of this kind of punishment nor would his team. Time to storm the castle, this is insane. I wonder if any teammates will be able to speak in his behalf in front of the judge? Beyond the unnamed teammate who was with him.

When a dude punches you in the face twice, anything but walking away would be “escalating” the situation. But, if the university prides itself in shaping young men and future leaders, then punching the man back is more than justified.
Maybe that is not the actual sequence of events. Most here seem to just be running with LeQuint's version, but maybe he's trying to paint himself in the best light possible.

Maybe that is not the actual sequence of events. Most here seem to just be running with LeQuint's version, but maybe he's trying to paint himself in the best light possible.
That could be true. This is all we know and barring any video, this is likely one guy and his friend’s word against another. Either way, it just sounds like a fight. Suspension seems like an overreaction.

Yes, short of hitting a woman or causing great bodily harm to the guy, no way he deserves this kind of suspension
Wonder if it has something to do with the woman who the fighting started about in the first place? The guy who punched first, accused them of hitting a woman. Missing pieces in the story? Very difficult to understand the punishment as described in the article otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom