LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

Ohhhh snap!! It's on now!!
avatar the last airbender dancing GIF

I am happy it all worked out, but it just feels like I am confused on how someone could possibly have gotten this so wrong in the first place. This is simply justice. The young man was put through hell because someone's judgement was so incredibly poor. And, that person is paid for her judgement. I am not saying she should lose her job, because I don't wish that upon anyone...mostly. But, it would be interesting to hear what her reasoning was to punish someone so severely. This was truly endangering his future.

Today a man who was unjustly accused, and father killed was freed.

Finally, we saw Justice prevail.

And that Justice is all for the freedom of La Quint Allen.

He must be in total relief, all the anxiety gone.

Good for you LA, good for us, 81 pages of support, we did it for him.

And our reward, we saw our system allowed to be fair.

And, he will get to run as he has so well, and we will get to see him run and play for us, and for SU and for himself.

“I know there is Justice in our hearts.”

Thank God.

Hallelujah!
Well done! I'm imagining George Shea reciting this introducing La Quint before the first game.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why, but I felt pretty confident he was going to be reinstated during the entire process. I think it’s because of all the social media activity from people who were closely related to the program, that I don’t think would’ve said much if they thought the issue was dead. The entire free lequint movement made me think that some people knew that we had a real shot at getting it over turned.
He had a chance because the punishment was really unfair and there was no indication that they considered the mitigations in the policy they should have. Plus instead of conducting a fair process, which is a value called for in the policy, at every step the policy was applied in a manner least favorable to Allen. the policy if strictly applied in a vacuum required a suspension. The policy isn’t written to be that restrictive.

Why two semesters, that wasn’t required and was excessive. The complainant didn’t show at the hearing, yet they continued with the punishment, when they could have dismissed, they aren’t required to continue, they chose to. At a minimum they should have rescheduled.

I believe who ever was representing the university said this is not a slam dunk and you are taking a hit either way it goes. Settle and the court doesn’t get a chance to embarrass you if they want to. And winning the case means losing the pr war.

You know Mr Deez?
Settling for a two semester suspension makes no sense, even if retroactive. His whole issue was it would end his ability to progress. If the spring was in name only and he keeps his credits, then why bother?

I suspect he gets a summer vacation and probation.

It would be beyond awesome if Caleb had LA on his show. I bet it will happen. With Caleb’s excellent interviewing skills, we’ll get a lot of insight into the challenges he went through and the kind of character that it took to get him through this unbelievable ordeal.
Hope he found a sponsor(or sponsors).

I am happy it all worked out, but it just feels like I am confused on how someone could possibly have gotten this so wrong in the first place. This is simply justice. The young man was put through hell because someone's judgement was so incredibly poor. And, that person is paid for her judgement. I am not saying she should lose her job, because I don't wish that upon anyone...mostly. But, it would be interesting to hear what her reasoning was to punish someone so severely. This was truly endangering his future.
(Based upon my experience as an attorney representing students in the process, which was years ago), the whole system is rigged to empower small minded people who don’t fit in anywhere on campus to wield absolute power over students who get in real life situations and have to deal with them on the fly. Any chance these social lepers have to hurt others they grab onto.

(Based upon my experience as an attorney representing students in the process, which was years ago), the whole system is rigged to empower small minded people who don’t fit in anywhere on campus to wield absolute power over students who get in real life situations and have to deal with them on the fly. Any chance these social lepers have to hurt others they grab onto.
That just blows my mind. I completely believe you, as it certainly appears that is how it played out in this case. For a school with a law school and lead by someone with a law degree, to have justice completely ignored is beyond comprehension. I really hope that this case brings some change to the process for the sake of future victims of such a system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom