LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

I hadn’t seen any ESPN coverage of this since the story originally broke weeks ago but now that it has been settled, David Hale wrote an article about the settlement and it has been on the ESPNU ticker all day

It would be beyond awesome if Caleb had LA on his show. I bet it will happen. With Caleb’s excellent interviewing skills, we’ll get a lot of insight into the challenges he went through and the kind of character that it took to get him through this unbelievable ordeal.
I dont expect LA will be discussing any details

so back on the team in august but does he get to use the facilities all summer as well?

1e1kmb.jpg
Gutter is a tool

Let's leave alone for now. LA needs to focus on football and winning when he returns, not trying to dodge this question over and over again. We don't need to know the details. A wrong was righted...end of story. The worst thing would be to keep harping on this over and over with LA. Leave the kid to do what he loves now.

He had a chance because the punishment was really unfair and there was no indication that they considered the mitigations in the policy they should have. Plus instead of conducting a fair process, which is a value called for in the policy, at every step the policy was applied in a manner least favorable to Allen. the policy if strictly applied in a vacuum required a suspension. The policy isn’t written to be that restrictive.

Why two semesters, that wasn’t required and was excessive. The complainant didn’t show at the hearing, yet they continued with the punishment, when they could have dismissed, they aren’t required to continue, they chose to. At a minimum they should have rescheduled.

I believe who ever was representing the university said this is not a slam dunk and you are taking a hit either way it goes. Settle and the court doesn’t get a chance to embarrass you if they want to. And winning the case means losing the pr war.
I hope that doesn’t mean the kangaroo courts will not face any kind of internal review?

Let's leave alone for now. LA needs to focus on football and winning when he returns, not trying to dodge this question over and over again. We don't need to know the details. A wrong was righted...end of story. The worst thing would be to keep harping on this over and over with LA. Leave the kid to do what he loves now.
Is someone on this board trying to get LeQuint’s story?

It's too bad that LA situation got to the point that it did. Fortunately, common sense prevailed. I absolutely believe that public pressure influenced the school taking action and that once they reviewed his case, they made a fair decision. Going forward I hope that the school does a complete review of their procedures and process relative to these matters. I also hope that JW creates a tutorial for all student athletes that educates them on the conduct that is expected of them and provides them with guidance and tools to avoid these types of situations and more importantly what to do if you find yourself in a situation like LA did. There should be individuals within the ADs department that a student athlete is told, encouraged to immediately contact in the event they get in trouble. In short, a standard procedure to follow so that they are properly represented. Grateful that this worked out and feel as if LA and the University will be better for it.

I wish we could do something for LA and his family at a SyraCRUZ tailgate. It sounds like his family could really use some extra money. You might even get some big donors.

I am sure we would love to, however, right now the money simply isn’t there.

We can’t spend money we don’t have.

If everyone wants to push and help raise some significant money, I’m sure something could happen

I wish we could do something for LA and his family at a SyraCRUZ tailgate. It sounds like his family could really use some extra money. You might even get some big donors.

Let's do it!! Consigliere I am in for $144 for LA appearance!!

Ok, here is what we can do. As part of our planned program that was discussed with Enrique we will invite a different player each week to appear in the welcome videos and sign the 50-50 raffle football in exchange for a $250 payment..

If I receive $500 in new pledges by noon Monday, either via PM or an email to dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com, I will offer one of these slots to LeQuint (pending Enrique's agreement and LeQuint's acceptance.) Previous pledges do not apply. And note that your pledge is in support of the LQA project. Part of the offer specifies that the player's family is cordially invited to join our tailgate. That is standard and we have included it with every deal we've done through the project.

If I receive $1000 I will double his payment.
If I receive $2000 I will raise the payment to a full $1000 and have LeQuint sign every weekly football and 50 photos to be sold at our merchandise table.

This whole situation will float away gently especially with the NWU news breaking. I bet LA, and the whole athletic staff just wanna push ahead and look forward and I’m happy we can put this situation on ice instead of turning up the heat and going to court. It just feels like relief all around for me. I hated the way this situation made everyone look. Onward

Ok, here is what we can do. As part of our planned program that was discussed with Enrique we will invite a different player each week to appear in the welcome videos and sign the 50-50 raffle football in exchange for a $250 payment..

If I receive $500 in new pledges by noon Monday, either via PM or an email to dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com, I will offer one of these slots to LeQuint (pending Enrique's agreement and LeQuint's acceptance.) Previous pledges do not apply. And note that your pledge is in support of the LQA project. Part of the offer specifies that the player's family is cordially invited to join our tailgate. That is standard and we have included it with every deal we've done through the project.

If I receive $1000 I will double his payment.
If I receive $2000 I will raise the payment to a full $1000 and have LeQuint sign every weekly football and 50 photos to be sold at our merchandise table.

So that’s $144 already in the bank from SouthernCuse right??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom