Let’s Talk About Improved JMA Wireless Dome Internet Access | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let’s Talk About Improved JMA Wireless Dome Internet Access

As you know from the group text thread, was there last night and 5G was coming through/dramatically improved Wi-Fi on Justin’s phone. Faster on my old phone too as I was sending out pics and vids to you guys.

Think you’re gonna b over the moon with the dome improvements, and once the new seating is done, yeah we can’t complain about things in the dome. The lead singer of Def Leppard was Gagga over the place.
By comparison, I think the last time Def Leppard played an indoor venue in Syracuse it was the War Memorial in 1983.

By comparison, I think the last time Def Leppard played an indoor venue in Syracuse it was the War Memorial in 1983.
The dude had the funniest line about their longevity, when talking about being back in the Cuse, playing he said something to the effect of “we’re still here, you’re still out there, so let’s do this thing and rock!”

Pretty funny. They were real good, And Alice Cooper at 75 stole the show IMHO, was just great, brought me back to the mid 70s as a kid in my friends basement pissing our parents off listening to his stuff!

For anyone that went to the show was Vince Neil still as God awful as he's been in recent years?

The best time tweak is during a game.
Agree. They don't have much to lose. I bet they could get a bunch of fans to participate that sit in different areas of the dome and provide feedback as they tweak things during halftime, etc.

They don't have a lot to lose here.

my take on this that tomcat is gonna get the wifi working and then create a hotspot for the rest of us so we dont have to think so hard on making this all work..

my take on this that tomcat is gonna get the wifi working and then create a hotspot for the rest of us so we dont have to think so hard on making this all work..
Yes, that is a scalable solution for sure!

I think JMA wants to use this facility as a showcase for what a state of the art college athletics venue can look like. I suspect they are going to do things right for us.

This might be delayed longer than we hope so but it is going to be top notch and worth the wait.

Last edited:
so if you get in the building for that first kickoff and can't get 5G, does that mean youre returning your season tickets??? Folks, just enjoy the game...the talents these guys are showcasing...stop worrying about your internet speed...

best place to bet a game is the live one you are watching.. its the only edge you get vs the Big Money.. Need internet to use that small advantage.

It is interesting we are like 3 weeks out and its been so quiet.. if its like my office its because someone just realized summer is over and they never assigned anyone to the project.

We have a major vendor install next week and we are still in the we will get back to you phase of the project on what our side of the house needs to do..

Will I notice any difference on my 4G phone in the 5G environment?

If your phone isn't equipped for 5G, you won't notice anything. It'll still be on 4G.

I thought we were getting 5g/6g wifi? JMA doesnt control cellular 5g? Unless they are doing some kind of repeater thing as well and then doing it for all the various vendors?

Though it may be that Verizon 5G upgrades will have kicked in around the dome but thats not a JMA thing.

John Mezzalinga (sp?), the CEO of JMA Wireless, said that the dome will have the same solution as that installed at Sofi Stadium, which hosted the 2022 Super Bowl.

I am pasting a couple of paragraphs from an article on the Sofi network, which I am assuming will also be true at the dome. Sounds like yes, you will see a noticeable improvement. But not as dramatic as people will who have phones capable of 5G.

I believe the stadium Wi-Fi is also getting a major upgrade. That happened at Sofi.

Tailgaters, note the second paragraph. Hoping JMA is going to throw up some MatSing antennas pointed at the Western parking lots. The tailgating community likes to watch games while tailgating and eating and this would be a wonderful thing many of us would love to see happen.

T-Mobile, which uses different spectrum bands than AT&T and Verizon, said it will have its 5G services available at 2.5 GHz, 24 GHz and 39 GHz. And all three carriers are fully participating on the stadium's 4G LTE DAS, which is one of the largest ever built. The DAS, using gear from JMA Wireless and designed by JMA with deployment partner DAS Group Professionals, has approximately 2,400 antennas and 3,200 remotes, and is unique in that is the first stadium DAS we know of that is running neutral-host 5G signals, here in the C-band spectrum. The DAS is capable of covering all licensed spectrum bands between 600 MHz to 6 GHz, according to Skarpi Hedinsson, chief technology officer, SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park.

The DAS also uses approximately 24 MatSing lens antennas, with that number about evenly split between the stadium and the parking lots, according to Steve Dutto, president of DGP. Inside the stadium, the iconic MatSing antennas (which are basically big round balls) use their long-throw capability to cover areas like the YouTube Theater plaza and some of the higher concourse gathering areas, which have high open areas above them.

Surprised the PS has not had any follow up on this story a week before the home opener. I am sure they will have a story or two soon. People care about this. It would be nice if they knew in advance what changes they will see and how to best take advantage of them.

Hint. Hint.

I thought we were getting 5g/6g wifi? JMA doesnt control cellular 5g? Unless they are doing some kind of repeater thing as well and then doing it for all the various vendors?

Though it may be that Verizon 5G upgrades will have kicked in around the dome but thats not a JMA thing.
The JMA Wireless Dome's relationship with wireless technology, seems very similar to the Carrier Dome's relationship with air conditioning.

putting neutral cell towers up is something that should have happened just for the amount of traffic a campus has condensed.

putting neutral cell towers up is something that should have happened just for the amount of traffic a campus has condensed.
JMA has committed to providing high speed 5G access for all three major carriers (I think there are three) over the entire campus.

Fans should see a major difference as soon as they near the campus perimeter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom