Let's look back at last year's class | Syracusefan.com

Let's look back at last year's class

dasher

Living Legend
what kids have stood out to the staff? Either red shirt kids or kids that played.

I feel like Riley, Butler, Armstrong, Black, Coleman, Bear Williams? Those would be the ones that I think are good.

we got 7-8 kids who played at a decent level and a good chance that at least 2 oline guys stand out soon. if you cant get 10 players from each class you can start to build pretty quickly.. you just need to avoid the years with 3-5 kids who pan out.

who knows who's stood out to the staff. Who has stood out to you?

The rookies who stood out to me were Coleman, Black and McKinley. I thought Armstrong was a bit of a ball a hawk but needs to get stronger. Scoop Bradshaw had a few flashes. No other true freshman really stood out to me.

Of the non-rookies who I thought grew a bit were Fredrick (rFR) and Whitner (his second season he improved). I think Fredrick could be a starter at one CB next season and my expectation is for Whitner to make a big jump.

Last edited:

The rookies who stood out to me were Coleman, Black and McKinley. I thought Armstrong was a bit of a ball a hawk but needs to get stronger. Scoop Bradshaw had a few flashes. No other true freshman really stood out to me.

Of the non-rookies who I thought grew a bit were Fredrick (rFR) and Whitner (his second season he improved). I think Fredrick could be a starter at one CB next season and my expectation is for Whitner to make a big jump.
I was looking for the guys that red shirted as well as the guys that played.

With Cordy healthy and Devon Clarke ready to go, I could see Whitner fall down the depth chart. He and Rodney Williams are just too slow and lack coverage skills.

I really, really like McKinley Williams. I think he could end-up being a real stud inside. I'm also looking forward to finding out which of the FR OLmen (O'Sullivan, M Clark, Heckel) challenge for pt next year.

Question about the Alabama QB- he's a true freshman, right? Was he the top rated QB in the class?

Question about the Alabama QB- he's a true freshman, right? Was he the top rated QB in the class?
No I don't believe so. Eason, Georgia QB was considered the top prospect at QB

ESPN had him ranked 13th and Eason was #1

Oh wow. Pretty amazing what he did then. Granted, insane talent around him. But still... true frosh in such a high profile position.

With Cordy healthy and Devon Clarke ready to go, I could see Whitner fall down the depth chart. He and Rodney Williams are just too slow and lack coverage skills.

I really, really like McKinley Williams. I think he could end-up being a real stud inside. I'm also looking forward to finding out which of the FR OLmen (O'Sullivan, M Clark, Heckel) challenge for pt next year.

You nailed it, love most of the young DL talent and all of the young OL talent. Watch out!

Oh wow. Pretty amazing what he did then. Granted, insane talent around him. But still... true frosh in such a high profile position.

Hell I could QB Alabama to the NC with all that talent.

The Alabama QB is a clone of Cam Newton he will get better the next 2 years.
Dino did a great job last year. He RSed all the OL and played what he had too.
I think Black will be a player on the DL at DE.

Mo Neal, Pitt game!

Gives me hope.

I've never heard Moe speak, but I always imagine him and Sean Riley as boy sopranos.

Im looking forward to seeing both Clarks OL and DB along with Nelson DE next year. Think they all contribute. Rex is also very interesting. Great measurables solid offers year to learn but hasn't seen live action in 2 years. Wildcard for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom