Lets not freak out people | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lets not freak out people

Don't worry guys. It's just a bad matchup. Virginia is just a bad matchup too. It's totally fine that we play a style that allows us to get owned by 2 of the other premier teams in the conference.

I will quit freaking out when we beat pitt which we rarely do. Hell, in 2012 when we went 31-3 and pitt went to the CBI we struggled deep into the 2nd half at home against them

Why freak out over a loss to Pitt? We never beat them either.

Agreed. NC State and Florida State are the must wins...because we're better than NC State and because we match up well with Florida State. Gotta have those 2.

I really WANT the Pitt game, but we know how it goes with them. It will be a war, it will be frustrating...and we should have a chance to win. It could go either way. Not one that I'm overly confident on saying "win this one or else!" though.

We're not on the bubble.
I agree and we need to focus on the next game now. But this game leaves a very nasty taste when you see the back line shredded, lose a 12 point lead then end up losing by 14 and pretty much watch a team totally fall apart. Missed lay ups ( 3 by Gbinije), missed free throws and turnovers by the dozen. It would seem like we single handed produced a slama jamma reel for Louisville.

Bad game, but not a bad loss tournament wise. Saturday is a must.

you think 10-8 is risky business? nope.

one of those games - they happen sometimes (especially when we play lvlle)

Combined with an early exit in the ACC Tourney and it's sweating bullets, imo.

Agreed. NC State and Florida State are the must wins...because we're better than NC State and because we match up well with Florida State. Gotta have those 2.

I really WANT the Pitt game, but we know how it goes with them. It will be a war, it will be frustrating...and we should have a chance to win. It could go either way. Not one that I'm overly confident on saying "win this one or else!" though.
I'm confident about the Pitt game.

Muffed layups, muffed passes, muffed rebounds. . . geesh, can't anyone hold onto the ball?? If you can't score from the 1-ft. line or the FT line, you might as well forfeit. Didn't help that the play-by-play announcing went out for about 5 minutes -- oh, there were voices alright, but they weren't talking about what was happening on the court. Something about some 9 o'clock game and lists of top college rivalries. Thanks for at least showing us a half-screen shot of our game!:bang::bang::bang:--VBOF

Win the home games.

@ FSU was always going to be big, it's bigger now.

Tonight sucked, sometimes road games against good teams just get out of hand. It happens and will happen again @ UNC.

Chip said:
Win the home games. @ FSU was always going to be big, it's bigger now. Tonight sucked, sometimes road games against good teams just get out of hand. It happens and will happen again @ UNC.

I think we're fine if we win our home games.

That's 10 wins.

We're in.

FSU won't matter. But if we lose one of the next two, FSU is huge.

Not at all concerned. We will win at least 2 more to get us to 10. That is house money on selection Sunday. Anything above 10 is gravy. With this team, seeding really does not matter. We can beat any team on a neutral court if we are playing well, we could also lose to anyone. Still, I would rather be the dangerous team than the one trying to survive.

More concerned about how poorly we played rather than just taking an L. The freshmen had that deer in the headlights look most of the game dealing with the speed and pressure D of UL.

Cuse_1999 said:
I will quit freaking out when we beat pitt which we rarely do. Hell, in 2012 when we went 31-3 and pitt went to the CBI we struggled deep into the 2nd half at home against them

We're 4-4 in our last 8 games against Pitt. We were awful against them for about 7 years but since 2012 we've been pretty good against them.

longislandcuse said:
Don't worry guys. It's just a bad matchup. Virginia is just a bad matchup too. It's totally fine that we play a style that allows us to get owned by 2 of the other premier teams in the conference.

I'm pretty sure we're 4-4 against Louisville in our last 8 games against them. Unfortunately they've completely manhandled us in the second half of two of those games.

Virginia, not sure if it's the style, but they've been the much better team than we have been since joining the ACC.

Why would I freak out over a road loss to a top 20 team coached by a guy who seemingly has our number? After a a nice start, SU was essentially doubled up until garbage time. The star freshman duo and Roberson looked lost for the better part of the game. These things will happen. Time to focus on turning things around against Pitt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom