LM: Bracketology: Denver, Notre Dame, Maryland a Cut Above | Syracusefan.com

LM: Bracketology: Denver, Notre Dame, Maryland a Cut Above

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse is basically Loyola, only with a slightly dubious loss. The Orange would be in if the tournament started now.

Columbus, Ohio
(1) ATLANTIC COAST/Notre Dame vs. COLONIAL/Fairfield-METRO ATLANTIC/Quinnipiac
(8) AMERICA EAST/Albany vs. PATRIOT/Navy

Providence, R.I.
(5) Yale vs. Syracuse
(4) IVY/Brown vs. Marquette

Providence, R.I.
(3) BIG TEN/Maryland vs. Penn
(6) Johns Hopkins vs. Duke

Columbus, Ohio
(7) Villanova vs. Loyola
(2) BIG EAST/Denver vs. SOUTHERN/Air Force-NORTHEAST/Saint Joseph's

Last four included: Syracuse, Duke, Marquette, Penn
Four just on the outside: Penn State, North Carolina, Bucknell, Bryant

http://laxmagazine.com/college_men/...ogy_notre_dame_denver_maryland_top_the_charts

Win Colgate and Binghamton and def in? Win those 2 and an acc game and maybe host?

Given that we're one of the last 4 in (other brackets I've seen indicate this as well); I would say at a minimum the North Carolina and Colgate are must win games...North Carolina will be very desperate too.

Beating Colgate will do nothing for our SOS and RPI numbers and may actually hurt our NCAA resume despite winning that game. That same is true for Binghamton.

wvlax said:
Given that we're one of the last 4 in (other brackets I've seen indicate this as well); I would say at a minimum the North Carolina and Colgate are must win games...North Carolina will be very desperate too.

Realize SU already beat UNC, but I'd hate to think we need another win to secure a bid.

Realize SU already beat UNC, but I'd hate to think we need another win to secure a bid.
Just cutting it very close as we speak being one of the last four in (if this projection is correct). The folks that sit on the committee may think SU is one of the last four out right now.

wvlax said:
Just cutting it very close as we speak being one of the last four in (if this projection is correct). The folks that sit on the committee may think SU is one of the last four out right now.

Can't see any of the last 4 out getting tabbed over SU.

Carolina will be 7-6 if they lose to ND.

Penn State?

Bucknell?

Bryant?

Beating Colgate will do nothing for our SOS and RPI numbers and may actually hurt our NCAA resume despite winning that game. That same is true for Binghamton.
Whereas a win may hurt RPI and SOS, I think it would help our resume for two reasons:
  1. It would give us at least 9 wins (and hopefully 10 or 11)
  2. It would not be a loss :)
I think 9, with our schedule, would look good to the committee, especially compared to those other teams. Boy I wish we had at least one of the OT losses to do over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom