Lost Season | Syracusefan.com

Lost Season

CU44SE

All Conference
let me start this thread by saying even with the loss I think we are on the right side of the bubble. Not comfortably by any means but I thought we were a 7-8 seed before the game. With that said, this season isn't going anywhere due to the lack of an inside presence on either side of the ball. I don't know if the coaches should have foreseen or been aware of Diagne's academic issues but to come into the season with Coleman who is undersized and hasn't made it through one full season prior to this year and an underweight, undersized Lydon as your only option behind Coleman is inexcusable. We have the guard play and outside shooting we have been severely lacking the last several years and Yet we have no inside presence to make a run in March. Teams rebound and score at will inside the paint against us and we struggle to get any paint points. Possibly two consecutive years without the NCAA tournament, but at most, a first weekend exit. Signed a frusterated fan.

I was really hoping that this team got their bad games out of the way in December instead of February/March, but unfortunately I was wrong.
That was some ugly play today.
I had to stop watching in the last 4 minutes before I broke something.

Coleman as the starting center is inexcuseable. Add Thomas Bryant and we are easily a 4 or 5 seed. Bryant at 5 and Lydon at 4 would have sent Coleman and Roberson to the bench. That would leave Cooney as the lone liability on the floor instead of having 3 of them

I was really hoping that this team got their bad games out of the way in December instead of February/March, but unfortunately I was wrong.
That was some ugly play today.
I had to stop watching in the last 4 minutes before I broke something.
we had a shot to tie with seconds remaining

we had a shot to tie with seconds remaining
Yeah, I saw that. But Cooney missed and 2 guys couldn't get the offensive rebound
That was easier to take not watching it.
Lack of rebounding in this game was atrocious

probably trying to tie the game. Just a guess. Maybe he should have passed to howard for him to shoot a 3.
He shot a 25 footer floating left with 15 seconds to go must be watching too much stef

Coleman as the starting center is inexcuseable. Add Thomas Bryant and we are easily a 4 or 5 seed. Bryant at 5 and Lydon at 4 would have sent Coleman and Roberson to the bench. That would leave Cooney as the lone liability on the floor instead of having 3 of them
Hard to hate on DC. Bryant was a big time miss but DC has improved every month, and even though today wasn't his best game he's been far from the problem lately.

probably trying to tie the game. Just a guess. Maybe he should have passed to howard for him to shoot a 3.

so you're cool with a contested 30 footer with 20 seconds left?

so you're cool with a contested 30 footer with 20 seconds left?
it wasn't 30 feet. G had fouled out. We didn't win or lose the game on that shot.

it wasn't 30 feet. G had fouled out. We didn't win or lose the game on that shot.

No but Fsu was in meltdown mode, get the ball to the basket there, and who knows what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom