Louisville announces self-imposed postseason ban | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville announces self-imposed postseason ban

They are announcing this on Friday afternoon of Super Bowl week it has to be really bad.

I wonder how many scholarships they are going to lose?

I would kind of like to play in that first round ACC tournament game--to give our team another chance to get an "easier" win to pad our NCAA resume.
Don't think it works that way. Those early round games are no-win propositions. It doesn't help much to beat BC for (hopefully) a third time, but it sure can hurt to stub your toe and lose to them.

Don't think it works that way. Those early round games are no-win propositions. It doesn't help much to beat BC for (hopefully) a third time, but it sure can hurt to stub your toe and lose to them.

We have 7 games left, current record is 16-8. I hate looking ahead, but let's just say for argument's sake that we win the next two against BC / FSU. That puts us at 18 wins, with 5 more games. Two are home [Pitt, NC State] and three are on the road [UNC, Louisville, FSU].

None of those 5 are gimmes. Can we get two more W's to get to the magic number of 10 conference wins? If we do, I'll breathe a lot easier. But I also wouldn't mind seeing us tack on another W or 2 in the ACCT just to put us safely over the line. Even if it is BC, it is more about the numbers than it is the opponent by my way of thinking. I'd rather have 21 wins on selection Sunday than 20 or 19.

Last edited:
That's it? A one year ban for hiring prostitutes for recruits?

Smoke a lil weed and its hell to pay.

Wow Louisville is really punishing themselves as they have a top 4 seed in the NCAAT this year. The NCAA must really be looking to drop the hammer on that program. This will help when they get their penalty. They could get another year ban and lose a lot of scholarships like SU has.

I wonder if their 2013 NC is jeopardy?

That's it? A one year ban for hiring prostitutes for recruits?

Smoke a lil weed and its hell to pay.
This is cushion themselves when the NCAA gives them their actual penalty. This will help a lot like Syracuse did last year. I expect that UL knows they are going to be found guilty of some stuff and its not good. So take the ban now with an actual top 25 team and hope it helps mitigate the damage in the future.

What did the ole Hulk think about what Syracuse did to Rakeem Christmas last year?

Different circumstances. We were unfairly prosecuted and were gonna be unfairly punished.

Different circumstances. We were unfairly prosecuted and were gonna be unfairly punished.
Dude c'mon. I agree we got overpunished but we imposed during the season. If we were having a 2013 season we don't self impose a ban and go for the NC.

You gotta take your orange goggles off. We got screwed by the NCAA but you have no clue what evidence there is in this Louisvill case. Nobody does.

Pitino is trying to save his job. So he is taking the hit this year to get leniency from the NCAA.

Pitino is going to get suspended a minimum of 9 games. Louisville will lose a minimum of 8 scholarships, and they might get another year ban who knows.

Pitino is trying to save his job. So he is taking the hit this year to get leniency from the NCAA.

Pitino is going to get suspended a minimum of 9 games. Louisville will lose a minimum of 8 scholarships, and they might get another year ban who knows.
I guess it depends on what the NCAA has for evidence. It took them eight years to cobble together something enough for Syracuse to self-impose. This took 4 months.

They better get handed a worse penalty than we got. Their indiscretions are worse.

I guess it depends on what the NCAA has for evidence. It took them eight years to cobble together something enough for Syracuse to self-impose. This took 4 months.
The NCAA has something or Louisville wouldn't do this. Remember we had people on the board last year telling us the NCAA wanted a postseason ban against us. So we smartly took it last year when we were a bubble team. Now I did feel bad for Rak Christmas but he took one for the program.

Prostitution sting is way worse than what the NCAA had on us. So, Louisville must be in deep trouble. If Arinze's little bro wants to transfer I wouldn't mind getting him here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom