Louisville Receives NCAA Notice of Allegations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Receives NCAA Notice of Allegations

ok then...it cost us scholarships.

I'm skeptical, don't think it did.

It wasn't an "impermissable benefit". No doubt it looked bad, but it's not a "wheelhouse" violation. Getting for someothing or getting excessive help on a paper was. Pretty sure the drug policy just gave the NCAA more ammo to look deeper.

Good thing the coaching staff didn't also enable - cover up P e d o p h I l I aor they would have been facing massive penalties. Oh wait.

Not wheel house
HookerMotel1.jpg

I'm skeptical, don't think it did.

It wasn't an "impermissable benefit". No doubt it looked bad, but it's not a "wheelhouse" violation. Getting for someothing or getting excessive help on a paper was. Pretty sure the drug policy just gave the NCAA more ammo to look deeper.
...it was still an NCAA violation and in the report as "Failure to Adhere to Institution's Drug Testing Policy". Even if it was just more ammo to look deeper, I hope SU removes it as a formal policy.

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 20s21 seconds ago
Also clear from Louisville NOA: Syracuse and Jim Boeheim were over-charged and improperly sanctioned last year. Horribly inconsistent.

Louisville sucks, UNC sucks, the Nazi Corrupted Asswipe Association sucks. But you know what doesn't suck. Jim Boeheim and Syracuse Basketball. Two Final Fours in Four years. A presumed great team in 2016-2017. Like my boss says, "control what we can control". Screw all the noise.

I am dumbfounded how Louisville gets to skate here. It all gets pinned on guys no longer with the school. Unbelievable and infuriating. This doesn't even get into the whole, "how on earth would Pitino not know OF COURSE HE KNEW even if we can't prove it" thing. There's no way assistants are doing that kind of thing without the blessing of the coach, even if it is a "wink wink don't tell me the details just do what needs to be done" situation.

Oh, and GOD BLESS JAY BILAS.

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 20s21 seconds ago
Also clear from Louisville NOA: Syracuse and Jim Boeheim were over-charged and improperly sanctioned last year. Horribly inconsistent.

Good for Jay Bilas.

Anyone want to argue how arbitrary and capricious the NCAA's enforcement of the rules and who to go after are?

I take solace in this obvious bias from the NCAA being what we'll be able to use legally to overturn their BS penalties.

Can't wait until the NCAA perishes in flames--screw them.

So what have we learned?

Apparently, a single player getting improper help with footnotes is way bigger of a problem than a university systemically offering a fake major for two decades that artificially kept athletes across multiple sports eligible while requiring them to do no work, and that sex for cash benefits aren't in the NCAA's "wheelhouse" either.

And that it doesn't matter WHAT you do--all that matters is whether the NCAA selectively wishes to apply the dreaded "lack of institutional control" label. If they don't--you skate, scot free--no matter how awful the infractions were.

Anybody else?

Last edited:
was evident before but now is crystal clear the extent of the cartel's axe to grind with JB... such a crock
I'm sure part of it has to do with the fact that JAB got nailed before with the Bill Rapp fiasco.

Private Schools vs State Schools!!!!

I am noticing a trend in sanctions by the NCAA. The private schools are getting hammered and over analyzed (SU, SMU, USC, Miami) while the public schools are skating by on different consequences (Ped. St., Ole Miss, Auburn, UNC, Louisville). Miami is the exception since the NCAA committed a crime while trying to investigate their violations.

Since Michigan has there been a public school that has been given severe consequences and not taken back (Penn State)? Could politicians be coercing the process since the money from sports helps out the public schools/state/community and could tarnish their state's public education reputation?

I am noticing a trend in sanctions by the NCAA. The private schools are getting hammered and over analyzed (SU, SMU, USC, Miami) while the public schools are skating by on different consequences (Ped. St., Ole Miss, Auburn, UNC, Louisville). Miami is the exception since the NCAA committed a crime while trying to investigate their violations.

Since Michigan has there been a public school that has been given severe consequences and not taken back (Penn State)? Could politicians be coercing the process since the money from sports helps out the public schools/state/community and could tarnish their state's public education reputation?

No doubt, private schools are easier targets for the NCAA's bully tactics.

Yes I have said this many times before. That said this was about nailing JB. It becomes quite obvious when they hit him with LOIC but Pitino only get failure to monitor.

I thought Louisville claimed it was all part of a valid sex education class? (or was it a whole degree field?) NCAA can't hit them for that can they?

I thought Louisville claimed it was all part of a valid s e x education class? (or was it a whole degree field?) NCAA can't hit them for that can they?
No no no... it turns out it was a benefit that all students could partake in so it was ok. No special benefits for athletes.

No no no... it turns out it was a benefit that all students could partake in so it was ok. No special benefits for athletes.

I don't buy this argument. If NCAA is going to enforce GPA requirements, then this is an issue.

Since players on UL received the paid benefits and sex, shouldn't they be declared ineligible for the games they played after? All W's should be stripped. Pitino should be roasted and suspended for a long period. Scholarships should be lost. Fines and monies earned should be paid. Why is UL going to skate on this prostitution scandal?

This is absolutely disgusting and ridiculous. What a crock. I cannot comprehend how a foreign kid getting help on a paper and a YMCA paid speech that was paid back could've cost SU so much more than UL faces. It's unreal and I really wish SU would call the NCAA out and get lawyers after them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom