Mail a first rounder | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mail a first rounder

I've seen numerous mock drafts and Mali is not in most of them re first round. I could be completely wrong but I think he's going to struggle at the combine, will hear from the NBA that he is not destined for the first round and will be back in Orange next Fall.

Wasn't Chad Ford one of those who tweeted angrily when SU made the tournament? Could he have an agenda? I would like him fired.

I've seen numerous mock drafts and Mali is not in most of them re first round. I could be completely wrong but I think he's going to struggle at the combine, will hear from the NBA that he is not destined for the first round and will be back in Orange next Fall.

Here's the thing about Mal. He's not going to be overwhelmed by the moment. He may not hit shots, but he's going to do his thing and compete. I wouldn't be surprised if he tore it up, I also wouldn't be surprised if he shot 1-13. He's gonna play aggressive though.

Here's the thing about Mal. He's not going to be overwhelmed by the moment. He may not hit shots, but he's going to do his thing and compete. I wouldn't be surprised if he tore it up, I also wouldn't be surprised if he shot 1-13. He's gonna play aggressive though.

I'm sure he will compete, everyone there will, and thats if he gets an invite, its not his time yet, he has work to do on his game.

Above all else, they will love his freakish 7' wingspan. They will not like his lack of strength going to the hoop. They will like his athleticism. They will not like his shooting percentage. Most GM's will give him a first round pass but all it takes is one Mali fan that thinks that this is an opportunity to lock up someone under the radar that has a high ceiling. Odds are that he will come back but there is uncertainty. An athletic freshman with a 7' wingspan could be tempting as a future shooting guard but first round this year still seems like a stretch. You cannot teach wingspan.

Who is Mail?

This guy...

0093-0610-1811-0743_mail_box_cartoon_character_spinning_a_basketball.jpg

What a POS headline. Since when is 31-35 a first round pick. Seriously screw you and your click bait Brent Axe.
What a POS article. If mal is top 30 he would be a first round pick this analyst is saying no such thing.
Clicks and comments equals cash at the new syracuse.com.

Mal is up to #20 on Chad Ford's latest big board.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/results/top100/_/year/2016

Yeah he isn't coming back. This just sucks. I mean good for the kid but he just never screamed one and done.

I mean not making any all-ACC team just showed he wasn't consistent. The NCAA tourney was a great run and good for the kid. He got us to a FInal Four so his legacy is safe. I honestly love the kid for what he did but I give a 50/50 shot to be in the NBA in 4 years. He is going to have to develop his game in 2 years as a deep bench guy or NBDL guy. I hope he makes it.

If we aren't going to keep kids like Malachi more than 1 year our coaching staff needs to go after more elite recruits. Malachi is a top 20 recruit if we aren't going to keep kids 2 years go after the top 10 kids.

Wasn't Chad Ford one of those who tweeted angrily when SU made the tournament? Could he have an agenda? I would like him fired.

He did attend Georgetown.

Let's not over-react to a list posted by a guy who isn't actually connected to any NBA teams.

There are lots of similar sources that don't have Richardson rated nearly that high. And ultimately, it will come down to the info that Malichi receives from the NBA evaluation committee, not where he's listed on some random mock draft by a blogger. Yes, I realize that Ford writes for ESPN, but that doesn't make his rankings "right" / accurate / indicative of what the NBA thinks.

Ford is given a lot of misinformation but he not on players rising stock.

Denver and Boston have 3 first round picks one of those 2 teams could use one on Malachi Richardson. Danny Ainge feeds Ford a lot of info. Ford teaches at BYU-Hawaii and Ainge went to BYU.

I think Richardson is gone. Which is frustrating because watching him play last year he clearly wasn't consistent in college as a Freshman and never screamed obviously one and done. He is smartly striking while the iron is hot. I don't blame but it is really frustrating because I watch the NBA and I couldn't see him doing anything in the NBA next year. The NBA draft is becoming the MLB draft and teams are drafting prospects for 3 years down the line. Instead, of being picks that can play in the rotation and earn more PT in the future.

Look at somebody like Justin Anderson. He went 21st last year to Dallas. He didn't play much as a rookie but improved and by the playoffs was starting for Dallas and was a decent player. I don't see Malachi doing that next year. Good for him to get paid but he better become more consistent. THe NBA team drafting him will pay for his development.

Say Malachi gets and agent and enters the draft, does he have guarantees or is there a possibility he will not be drafted?

Amazing for a guy who really didn't belong in the Mickey D AA game last year.

Good luck to him.

wondering how/why Ford suddenly moved him up so high - info he's gotten from a GM or two?

Paraphrasing from the article, he said that "Once scouts went back and watched his tape, they realized he's one of the only wings in the draft that can create his own shot."

Paraphrasing from the article, he said that "Once scouts went back and watched his tape, they realized he's one of the only wings in the draft that can create his own shot."

That's part of it. Then you have to make them.

Richardson was 4-25 or something before than run against Virginia. He was really bad at finishing at the rim. Very streaky, not uncommon for younger players. He has much to improve upon, but the talent is obviously there. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is in a rotation in the NBA next year. I really do believe another year benefits him tremendously.

Interesting. But yeah, if that sentiment is being shared amongst scouts of multiple teams, chances are Mal is gonezo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom