Mail a first rounder | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mail a first rounder

Color me confused. Ford has him 20. Thats far and away the highest anyone has him. Givony still has him 78th. He's still projected all over the place. I think he needs to workout before anything is certain.

Ford is given a lot of misinformation but he not on players rising stock.

Denver and Boston have 3 first round picks one of those 2 teams could use one on Malachi Richardson. Danny Ainge feeds Ford a lot of info. Ford teaches at BYU-Hawaii and Ainge went to BYU.

I think Richardson is gone. Which is frustrating because watching him play last year he clearly wasn't consistent in college as a Freshman and never screamed obviously one and done. He is smartly striking while the iron is hot. I don't blame but it is really frustrating because I watch the NBA and I couldn't see him doing anything in the NBA next year. The NBA draft is becoming the MLB draft and teams are drafting prospects for 3 years down the line. Instead, of being picks that can play in the rotation and earn more PT in the future.

Look at somebody like Justin Anderson. He went 21st last year to Dallas. He didn't play much as a rookie but improved and by the playoffs was starting for Dallas and was a decent player. I don't see Malachi doing that next year. Good for him to get paid but he better become more consistent. THe NBA team drafting him will pay for his development.

He could be right on Mal, it wouldn't surprise me, but overall Ford is terrible. He really is Lunardi 2.0 for ESPN. He got caught editing the draft after the draft.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http:...ggUMAA&usg=AFQjCNHDpZ7N6urMB4AUHuDAeg4QrkSGJA

That's part of it. Then you have to make them.

Richardson was 4-25 or something before than run against Virginia. He was really bad at finishing at the rim. Very streaky, not uncommon for younger players. He has much to improve upon, but the talent is obviously there. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is in a rotation in the NBA next year. I really do believe another year benefits him tremendously.

Yeah, that was my thought as well, though I honestly don't think he hits an NBA rotation next season; I think he has too much to improve upon.

But yeah, he can indeed create his own shot a decent amount (though his release point on mid-range jumpers concerns me). His efficiency from mid-range and around the rim is pretty horrific though. I'm not really sure what he brings an NBA team next season. Inefficient scorer that doesn't create for teammates and is a complete question mark defensively. There is definitely potential though.

Color me confused. Ford has him 20. Thats far and away the highest anyone has him. Givony still has him 78th. He's still projected all over the place. I think he needs to workout before anything is certain.

In Ford's new system he has potential for potential and therefore has a higher ranking.

Yeah, that was my thought as well, though I honestly don't think he hits an NBA rotation next season; I think he has too much to improve upon.

But yeah, he can indeed create his own shot a decent amount (though his release point on mid-range jumpers concerns me). His efficiency from mid-range and around the rim is pretty horrific though. I'm not really sure what he brings an NBA team next season. Inefficient scorer that doesn't create for teammates and is a complete question mark defensively. There is definitely potential though.
Pretty Simple he wants to get paid to improve instead of playing for free. I can't blame him if he thinks like that. It is frustrating because the kid would get more PT here than in the NBDL but if he goes its his decision.

I just don't get why our coaches never get a break with kids returning. I can't think of a kid since Hak Warrick in 2004 who stayed an extra year when they would have been a first round pick.

He could be right on Mal, it wouldn't surprise me, but overall Ford is terrible. He really is Lunardi 2.0 for ESPN. He got caught editing the draft after the draft.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http:...ggUMAA&usg=AFQjCNHDpZ7N6urMB4AUHuDAeg4QrkSGJA
Lunardi is a bias hack. There are no checks and balances with Lunardi. He uses his biases to form opinions.

Ford is just a hack who is fed information. I read the old editing he has done.

I still laugh at Ford's reaction of Maciej Lampe falling to the Knicks in the draft and Ford raving about him.

Also Ford's quotes from the Pistons scout on Darko. Saying the only thing that could stop Darko from being a superstar would be beautiful women.

Ford is used by GMs/Agents to talk up/down who they want but he is given legit info unlike Lunardi.

Mali can create his own shot, but struggles to finish inside. He's just not strong enough or athletic enough to do that consistently, yet.

Funny that his NCAA tourney play is a big sticking point for Ford. It was a microcosm of his season, up and down, with some great peaks and some really low points...

Pretty Simple he wants to get paid to improve instead of playing for free. I can't blame him if he thinks like that. It is frustrating because the kid would get more PT here than in the NBDL but if he goes its his decision.

I just don't get why our coaches never get a break with kids returning. I can't think of a kid since Hak Warrick in 2004 who stayed an extra year when they would have been a first round pick.
Tyler Lydon?

Hopefully his goal is not just to make the NBA, but to stick around in the NBA.

Hopefully his goal is not just to make the NBA, but to stick around in the NBA.
I agree. I want the kid to succeed and don't see him even close to ready for the NBA. If he wants to go though it is his right.

The kid wasn't consistent for Syracuse when he was the 2nd option on the team behind Gbinije and wasn't one of the top 15 players in the ACC. He is not ready for the NBA and this exactly the type of kid Charles Barkley talks about leaving too early. The draft is suppose to help the worse teams get better not draft prospects for 2-3 years down the road. Mal wouldn't be ready to be an NBA contributor for 2 years but he wants to get paid to develop that is his right.

When do combine invites go out? Does anyone know how many get invited?

I agree. I want the kid to succeed and don't see him even close to ready for the NBA. If he wants to go though it is his right.

The kid wasn't consistent for Syracuse when he was the 2nd option on the team behind Gbinije and wasn't one of the top 15 players in the ACC. He is not ready for the NBA and this exactly the type of kid Charles Barkley talks about leaving too early. The draft is suppose to help the worse teams get better not draft prospects for 2-3 years down the road. Mal wouldn't be ready to be an NBA contributor for 2 years but he wants to get paid to develop that is his right.

Let's see how it plays out. These lists are based upon junk information at this point, pre-combine and pre-individual team workouts.

It would be amazing if one good game against UVA in the Elite 8 gets Malachi a first round draft choice. If Malachi signs with an agent it doesn't bother me. Making the Final Four was huge for the program. I still can't believe it. I think we will be talking about the 2015-16 season for a long time.

However, I would love Malachi to come back and help us get a National Championship. JB earned and deserves one more legitimate chance.

That's part of it. Then you have to make them.

Richardson was 4-25 or something before than run against Virginia. He was really bad at finishing at the rim. Very streaky, not uncommon for younger players. He has much to improve upon, but the talent is obviously there. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is in a rotation in the NBA next year. I really do believe another year benefits him tremendously.

They will be drafting him on his potential to have potential.

Since the staff is paid 6 and 7 figure salaries to have contingency plans, I assume they are processing the paperwork for Diallo to reclassify and he'll be signing those papers during his visit this weekend.

In all seriousness as fans we need to stop putting 100% of the blame on the NBA. One and dones, or at least the possibility of such, is nothing new.

We also need to stop with the belief that kids can't get better in the NBA because they don't play. If players want to improve they can do that in the NBA too. D-league, no practice limitations, better competition every day, etc etc

I'm confused. In a prior thread when I mentioned nbadraft.net had Mali at 17 I was told by several posters that the site was garbage. Many posters, including Francis, said only draft express and Ford were worth following because they had NBA contacts.

Now Ford is garbage too?

Well, technically a team around 20 isn't a rebuilding team. They are usually a team that can take a flier on a kid with great potential 2-3 years down the road.

It's up to Mali if he would rather have a guaranteed 1st rounder this year over a possible lottery pick next year.

But then this is all based off of one Draft board, that has him ranked much higher then others.

I'm confused. In a prior thread when I mentioned nbadraft.net had Mali at 17 I was told by several posters that the site was garbage. Many posters, including Francis, said only draft express and Ford were worth following because they had NBA contacts.

Now Ford is garbage too?

Since I assume you are speaking to my post, here it goes. Is Ford accurate? Yes. Did he get caught changing his mocks post draft? Yes. Is that good journalism? That's for you to judge. Take it FWIW.

All I said is this is an outlier, and I'll be interested to see where ford, .net, .org, and Givony slide him after.

Cusefan0307 said:
Since I assume you are speaking to my post, here it goes. Is Ford accurate? Yes. Did he get caught changing his mocks post draft? Yes. Is that good journalism? That's for you to judge. Take it FWIW. All I said is this is an outlier, and I'll be interested to see where ford, .net, .org, and Givony slide him after.

I don't remember the who, only Francis and others. Maybe you were one. But some said ford and draft express were the good ones.

I hate this. "It's his right to go, but he definitely isn't ready for the NBA and will suck when he gets there." How the hell do you know he isn't ready? How do you define "ready"? Myles Turner on the Pacers had four double doubles TOTAL as a freshman just last year in college at Texas. Was he "ready"? Now is playing fantastic in his first playoffs in his first season! Let the playas play.

I don't remember the who, only Francis and others. Maybe you were one. But some said ford and draft express were the good ones.

You can check the accuracy of these sites online. The three most accurate last year were DX, Ford, and NBAdraft.net.

Keep in mind they will probably do multiple mocks over the course of the next couple months to the draft. I think their accuracy is only judged on their final mocks.

Malachi is an interesting prospect compared to most because depending where you look he is all over the map.

You can check the accuracy of these sites online. The three most accurate last year were DX, Ford, and NBAdraft.net.

Keep in mind they will probably do multiple mocks over the course of the next couple months to the draft. I think their accuracy is only judged on their final mocks.

Malachi is an interesting prospect compared to most because depending where you look he is all over the map.

I find it odd how Nbadraft.net had him at 17th, they now have him at 24th, when really no one else has him a first round pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom